Chapter 4

Working alongside EXO

Rosé gets home and watches some tv, then she decided to take a long hot shower and puts on a thin black sweater and grey baggy sweatpants, putting her wet hair in a bun. She decides to video call her sister Alice and tell her about everything. “So Chanyeol huh?” Her sister comments winking at her. “Stop! He’s rude and annoying, and he’s the only person who gives me the feeling that they don’t like me there.” “I think it’s cause he likes youuuu.” “I doubt it, plus I’ve only known them for a week and a bit. My job is to work with them, not get involved with them.” “That’s true, but it seems they want to be friends with you considering they took you to Lotte World.” All of a sudden the buzzer in the living room buzzes. 

 

Rosé walks over to the front door and clicks on the screen next to it, to her surprise the camera shows Chanyeol downstairs wearing a mask and sunglasses, but she’d recognize that pink hair anywhere. “Who is it?” Her sister asks. “It’s Chanyeol.” “Oh my god, let him in. Maybe he’s coming to apologize.” “Alright alright. I’ll have to hang up, though.” “That’s fine. Talk to you later!” She hangs up the phone and presses the button that unlocks the door downstairs so Chanyeol can come in. 

 

A few minutes later she hears a soft knock on the door, and she heads over opening it. Chanyeol stands in front of the open door, holding a pizza with a box of chicken on top. He’s wearing ripped jeans and a baggy black shirt. He gives her a smile and she lets him come in. He places the food on her dining table and they both sit down. “You brought food?” She asks, pointing at the boxes. He nods. “I feel bad that you didn’t come for dinner, and I know it was my fault for being so rude to you earlier,” he says, and opens the box offering her some. She takes a slice of the pizza. 

 

“I want to apologize,” he says. “Go ahead, I’ll just eat this pizza,” she responds and he laughs. “I know there’s no excuse for being rude to you today. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings. The guys could sense something was wrong when you decided to go home and they wanted to follow you, but I stopped them because I knew it was my fault. And I was the one who could fix it,” he explains, “I don’t know how to act around you, because I can’t control my feelings for you and for obvious reasons nothing can happen between us. My immediate reaction to that is to be rude to you so that you won’t like me.” 

 

She looks up at him after eating a few slices of pizza. “First, you’re forgiven. Second, you don’t have to be rude to me. If you think that when you act nice to me I’ll fall for you, then you’re wrong. I do like you Chanyeol, but we work together. So let’s just remain friends,” she says, offering him her hand. He shakes it and smiles. “Now, help me eat this food,” she says opening the box of chicken and offering him a piece. He smiles and takes it happily. 

 

The rest of the evening they talk and get to know each other more, eventually Chanyeol leaves because of an early schedule the following morning. He’s glad that Rosé and him can be good friends and forget about the past. Before leaving he tells her the boys want to meet her in the studio tomorrow afternoon and she agrees to come. 

 

The next day Rosé puts on a short black dress that fits perfectly on her figure. She heads over to SM in the afternoon to meet the boys and finds them in the studio with a bunch of instruments and microphones. “What’s all this?” She asks confused. “We want to hear you sing again, surely you have songs that you enjoy singing. And after we’ll sing for you,” Kyungsoo responds. “Oh my god guys, are you serious?” They all nod and she laughs embarrassed. “I do have something, Uhm it’s three cover songs that I like to sing together. Let it be, by the Beatles, You and I by Bom, and Only look at me by Taeyang. Can I use the piano?” 

 

She walks over after they agree and set up a microphone for her. “But no recording allowed, I don’t want this to get out, it would cause so many issues for me, since singing is just my hobby not my career,” she tells them. They agree and sit down in front of the piano, she sits down and starts playing, then singing the songs. All the guys sit there in complete awe with how beautiful her voice sounds. She’s so talented, they can’t believe why she doesn’t want to be heard. 

 

Without anyone in the room noticing, someone in the shadows pulls out their phone and records her performance. 

 

When she finishes singing they all applaud and cheer for her, causing her face to go a bright shade of red. “That was so amazing Rosie!” Kyungsoo exclaims. “You’re so talented!” Chen says. “Thank you guys. I appreciate it,” she responds. The guys decide to perform a mini concert for her since they finally got to hear her sing, after a few hours later she decides to go home. 

 

“I’ll bring you guys your outfits tomorrow morning to fit and then you can wear them for the music show tomorrow afternoon.” They agree and say their goodbyes. 

 

The next morning Rosé goes to her office to pick up the outfits and brings Jennie with her in case they need to do any adjustments. They get to SM and she quickly introduces Jennie to the guys before giving them the clothes to get changed. They all look great in the outfits she made, and are pleased with them. “It fits perfectly, thanks Rosé,” Suho says, after coming out of the changing room. “It’s my job,” she replies. She goes around checking how well they suit them and touching the hem to make sure it’s the right lengths. 

 

When she gets to Chanyeol her face turns red as she checks the length of his shirt. He just smiles at her. “It’s good?” He asks. She nods standing up straight. “Perfect.” They decide to hang out and relax for a few hours before the music show and head over altogether. 

 

After the music show the guys invite Rosé to come over to the dorm for dinner. She agrees and follows their van to the dorm. Once at the dorm Kyungsoo goes into the kitchen and starts making them all kimchi fried rice. The others set the table, while Suho gives a tour to Rosé. 

 

“So this is living room, dining room and kitchen, to the right is my bedroom. I have the biggest, then down the hall to the left is bathrooms and the others bedrooms. They all share 2 bathrooms,” Suho explains. They walk around the dorm but soon enough dinner is ready and everyone gathers at the dining table. “Kyungsoo is the best chef ever!” Baekhyun tells Rosé. “Ah, it’s so yummy!” She exclaims. 

 

After dinner everyone disperses to their own rooms, but Rosé stays in the living room with Suho, Kyungsoo and Kai. They turn on the tv and notice EXO’s performance. ‘Now a special performance from EXO, with their outfits being designed by their new stylist Roseanne Park. And she really knows how to design some clothes! Please support EXO and their new stylist, by enjoying their performance of Kokobop.’ The tv announcer says. “Wow look at us! And you Rosé! You’re getting the recognition you deserve for the hard work you put into our clothes,” Suho says. She blushes and continues watching tv. 

 

After watching the full music show Rosé decides its time for her to go home. “I’ll walk you downstairs,” Kyungsoo says, standing up. They get in the elevator and head downstairs. “Will we see you tomorrow?” He asks her. “I’m not sure yet. I have to meet up with my best friend Lisa, I haven’t seen her in a little while. Maybe some other time.” “Of course!” He responds. 

 

The following day Rosé heads to Lisa’s apartment in the morning. “I’m here!” She shouts, walking around the room. She realizes Lisa is probably still sleeping so she heads to her bedroom and finds her passed out with her cats laying next to her. She picks up Leo and pets him while sitting down on top of Lisa. “What do you want?” Lisa asks. “I’ve missed you! I haven’t seen you in a few days, we got to catch up,” Rosé says. She stands so Lisa can get out of bed. 

 

Twenty minutes later they’re sitting at the bar discussing what to do today. “Let’s go for a hike in the woods,” Rosé suggests. Lisa agrees and puts on some running shoes. They drive to the woods in the middle of nowhere and follow one of the trails.

 

“So how have things been then?” Lisa asks. Rosé tells her how the music show went and that she sang for them in the studio. “Wow how was that?” She asks. “Honestly, it was really fun! They really liked my singing too,” Rosé says. “Well you are really talented.” 

 

A few hours later they return to Lisa’s apartment to relax and Rosé realizes she has 20 missed calls from various EXO members and a bunch of text messages, now that she has service again. “What are they saying?” Lisa asks. “They said that they’re sorry for what happened. I don’t know what they’re talking about,” Rosé responds. She decides to call Suho and puts it on speaker so Lisa can hear as well. 

 

“Rosé! Oh my god finally you answer!” 

“Sorry, I was out in the woods with Lisa. What’s wrong?”

“I’m so sorry Rosie! Go on YouTube.” 

 

Lisa turns on the laptop and goes to YouTube, she doesn’t even have to ask what to look up when she sees Rosé is number one on trending music. She clicks on the video, posted by someone named Eunae. The video starts playing and it’s Rosé singing and playing the piano. It was the time she played for EXO the other day. 

 

“How is this happening?” 

“I’m sorry.”

“Stop saying you’re sorry, and explain why this happened.” 

“I don’t know. The person who released it is our former stylist before you.” 

“You’ve got to be kidding me.” 

 

She hangs up the phone and turns to Lisa who’s still watching the video. “You sound amazing Rosie! But I don’t get why someone posted that.” Lisa says. “I can’t believe this is happening,” Rosé says putting her head in her hands.