Bad Timing

After Party
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She felt small underneath their gazes, trying not to fidget, “What’re you talking about?” “Where were you?” “Went out for a walk…” “Since three in the morning?” She met Lisa’s eyes, thinking that her bestfriend would atleast back her up a bit, “I wasn’t out since three.” “I came back from dance practice at three-thirty, your bed was empty.”

Chaeyoung sighed, pushing past them and moving to her room, “I have to get ready for practice before we leave.”

The Aussie girl quickly locked her room, leaning back against it for a few seconds as she gripped onto your shirt, taking a sniff from it to calm herself. It had only been a few minutes since you left but she already wanted to be back in your arms, missing your steady heartbeat and warm arms.

She quickly got changed into some sweats and a tank top, moving to quickly brush her tousled hair and freshen her face up a bit.

The four of them moved to the car, keeping quiet making everyone in their vicinity feel awkward around them, a sigh falling from Do-Kyung lips as he parked at the company, “What’s going on with you girls?” “Ask Chae-” Jisoo shot Lisa a look making the girl go quiet, grumbling in her seat as the elder spoke up, “Sorry we’re just tired.” He looked at each of their faces, all of them averting their eyes to the floor, “Fine but stop acting like this, you should’ve slept earlier then.”

They all got out of the car, both Jennie and Jisoo nervous over the growing tension between both younger members, “What are we going to do about them?” Jennie sighed as they walked towards the dance studio, keeping her eyes on the distant friends when they would usually be jumping around and laughing together, “We’ll have a group talk during break or something, we just have to focus on going over the dance for now.”

Jisoo pouted, resting her head on Jennie’s shoulder as they stepped onto the wooden floor.

.

.

.

You parked your car and headed up, starting to make breakfast for your members as they slowly met you one by one. Wendy was the first one awake, plating some eggs and toast for her while she hugged you from behind, “Why are you awake so early?” You looked back at her, seeing her turning her face upwards to meet your eyes, “Slept early yesterday.”

She nodded into your shoulder making you giggle slightly, “Come on eat up, I’ll make some for everyone else too.”

As everyone started sitting down the conversation flowed smoothly, Irene and Seulgi talking about how the photo shoot for the album today, Joy was heading to the Jordan’s store event while Wendy was heading out to meet friends.

You and Yeri had a day off, deciding to spend it together as everyone got ready for schedules. Two youngest members lazing for most of the morning until heading out for Pilates, Yeri begging you to go with her until you reluctantly agreed.

Now sat at a café right next to the studio you were at, still slightly worn out from all the stretches, the both of you started devouring the meals you ordered, Yeri opting for some salad and watermelon juice while you got a sandwich with coffee.

“So how was it?” You swallowed the bite you were eating, wiping your mouth with a tissue, “Not as bad as I expected honestly.” “TOLD YOU!” You shook your head, a sigh leaving your lips as you relaxed back against the chairs, “I need to start working out again though, my is getting flat.” You feigned sadness, sipping on your coffee while Yeri rolled her eyes, “You should start doing pilates honestly…” “I might but I need to build muscle too, my thighs are getting big again and I’m losing my abs.” Yeri smacked your arm making you glare at her in shock, “Your thighs are fine weirdo and you’re abs are still there!” “Ok but I still need to build muscle in them!”

She just glared, stuffing with green leaves making you chuckle, “You can go on a pilates date with Chaeyoung.” You rolled your eyes unconsciously, finishing up one half of your sandwich instead of replying, “What’s with that eye-roll?” “At this point I’m just getting frustrated you know…”

Yeri was most probably the easiest to open up to about your emotions, not that the other girls were hard to talk to you but growing up together and being there for eachother from childhood to now through the highs and lows, you and Yeri truly became sisters joined at the hip who understood eachother with a single glance even though the both of you were almost exact opposites.

She pouted, a sign for you to continue as you collected your thoughts, and “Like she’ll act all cute with me one second and then if I do something that is even slightly “romantic” or ask her to go out or literally anything that doesn’t involve or cuddling with each other, she’ll go into this wall and says she can’t or she’s busy.”

You ran your hand through your hair, Yeri waiting for you to continue when she saw your brow twitch slightly, knowing you had more on your mind.

“I get that her group is having a comeback and you know… it’s been so long and stuff so they all want to do their best and I understand that they’re going to put the work in and she’s busy but really? Like… I’ll ask her out to lunch, not even a proper date and I’m willing to visit her and just spend twenty minutes with her alone but she doesn’t want that either, but she’s willing to visit me in the middle of the night? If she’s not ready for a relationship or scared or whatever! I respect that but I just want her to talk to me and let me know… I don’t want to force it on her and mess it up but then I also don’t know if she wants space so if I do end up giving her space maybe she might get sad or get mad at me?”

You leaned back, staring into space while a frown set upon your lips, brows stuck in furrow as the thought kept repeating through your head, “At this point… I think you should give her space.” “But-” “Let me finish.” You sat back into your chair, nibbling on your sandwich as your attention stayed on Yeri.

“She’s not giving you any attention right now other than the times you guys hookup right?” You nodded, sipping on the last bit of coffee while going over Yeri’s points in your head, “Then chill for now, you’ve put in the work and you’ve asked her out. As bad as it sounds you have to make her want you. Don’t give her all the attention in the world, try getting busy with work of your own and give her space.”

“Yeah maybe…”

.

.

.

A huff left each of the girl’s lips as sweat ran down their body, finally sitting down and getting some rest after tireless hours of running over the same moves repetitively, gulping down the water bottles that were handed to them as they spread out across the floor.

The only sound filling the room being their labored breaths as the track was stopped in the back, “Everyone good?” Jennie’s voice rang through the room earning nods from three girls as they got some energy back, unconsciously moving into a circle.

Jennie and Chaeyoung leaning against the mirror while Lisa layed on Jisoo’s thigh, the oldest with her legs crossed while her arms went behind her back, holding herself up.

“How we feeling?” Mumbles answered Jisoo’s question making the girl whine, “Yah words!” Smiles broke onto each face at the use of English, “Ok group meeting!”

Jennie shared a look with Jisoo, gaining a nod in return, “So Chaeyoung-ah…”

At this, the girl in question immediately tensed, knowing what was coming, “Where were you really in the morning..?” She just sighed, pushing her hair back from her sweaty forehead, “Does it matter?” “Rosie…” “Yeah I went over to their dorm and I was with Y/N.”

Lisa got up as soon as the words left , moving to talk to the choreographer making Chaeyoung’s heart sink. Jennie moved her hand to Rose’s thigh, giving an encouraging squeeze while Jisoo gave her a nod to continue, “I missed her…”

They heard a snort come from the other side, turning their heads to meet Lisa shaking her head as she looked at her phone, “If you want to say something say it now Lisa.”

Jisoo stared right at the younger girl, both stoic as the atmosphere turned tense once again, “She knows what I’m thinking.” “I really don’t so ing say it!” Jennie and Jisoo’s eyes widened, at Chaeyoung raising her voice, eyes shooting between so called bestfriends, “Guys-”

Jisoo shook her head at Jennie making the girl quieten down, a few more beats of silence before Lisa stomped over back to their side glaring down at Chaeyoung.

“You call her when you want , lead her on and then when she wants to move whatever the your relationship is even a bit more forw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter