Relationship Complications

After Party
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You quickly shut your alarm of, careful not to wake the girls as you got off the couch, moving to brush your teeth and getting started on making Haneul’s school lunch after waking the boy up. You quickly put some minute rice, a few omelet rolls and some slices of grilled meat before cutting up an apple and packing it up for him.

He came out in his school uniform, sitting down to eat some cereal while you moved to change your clothes, wearing a tight velour turtle neck with some baggy jeans, matching the shirt with a black belt and a ysl cross body purse.

You put on a bit of makeup, sighing when your hair kept brushing against your face, grabbing a leopard print beret, tucking your bangs into it before grabbing a face mask and collecting your laptop and MIDI board, leaving a note for the girls that you were going to be at the studio before moving to Haneul, the boy grabbing his school bag while trying to fix his tie.

You rolled your eyes, putting your things on the couch before moving to him, seeing him pout as you fixed it up, buttoning up the top button as he whined, “It’s too tight!” “Shut up idiot…” You swiped his shoulders, making sure he looked clean before nodding, “Alright come on we’ll be late.”

You got into your car, dropping him off at school first, waving the boy bye, “Do I pick you up?” “I’ll text you!” “Alright bye !” “ off!”

You smirked, pulling out of the school parking lot to head to Yoongi’s place, quietly entering as you tiptoed past the sleeping boys straight into the studio to get started on work, thankful he sound proofed the whole room.

You brought out your laptop and board, connecting everything up before the pack of cigarettes caught your eye, only two sticks missing so far, debating whether or not you should take one before recording.

Your eyes narrowed, ultimately pulling one out while you moved to his balcony with a lighter in your hands, leaning against the railing before taking your first puff, body immediately relaxing at the cool breeze that blew past you, watching the sun slowly rise signifying the start of the day as people got to school and work, city slowly coming to life, you smiled at the thought of her, memories of a few days ago crossing your mind when you saw the sunrise.

“You’re smoking again?”

You turned to Jungkook, smiling at him as he joined you, dressed in sweats and a hoodie with messy hair, “Just needed it for now…” “You know it’s not good for you.” “Thank you for stating the obvious sir.” “Y/N…” “Don’t worry, you know I don’t do it regularly idiot, it just helps me for times like these…”

He hummed, mellowing in the silence, the only sound being heard was the subtle burn of the cigarette, “How you holding up?” You blew the smoke out, flicking the filter to drop off the excess ash stuck to the stick, “I’ll be fine, I’m just worried about Haneul… he’s in his final year and the last thing he needs is a dead mother.”

“Forget Haneul for a second… what about you?” You quirked a brow at him, lazy smile on your face, “I said I’ll be fine…” “I don’t care about the future, I’m asking about right now.” “Well I guess happy, I got my friends here with me!” He shook his head, not budging, “You know you diverting the attention away from yourself doesn’t work on me.”

You let out a little chuckle, nudging him after seeing the serious look on his face, “Lighten up, the day’s just begun kookie…” “Answer the question Y/N.” You sighed, taking another inhale, watching it burn until the filter before you rubbed it against the wooden rail, “I’m scared I guess…” “Why’s that?”

“The doctor’s said there’s nothing to worry about but… it doesn’t really stop the worry… and even if she wakes up… what’s gonna happen? Is she finally going to be nice to me? Is she gonna be happy that I’m there? Is she gonna tell me she hates me?” He looked at you in thought, your eyes stuck on the landscape in front of you, seeing your brows furrow slightly before you looked back at him, “This is why I lied to the girls… if that does end up happening they’re just gonna worry more, there’s no need for me to share my problems just to add more to their plate.”

“Y/N you can’t stop anyone from worrying… that’s what happens when people care about you.” “But if I don’t tell them my problems, they don’t know they exist, therefore they don’t need to worry. Basic logic.” He rolled his eyes while you sent him a playful smile, “Ok… do you want me to take to you about my problems with you?”

You quirked a brow at him, nudging his arm, “Ofcourse! Plus everyone knows I give the best advice. I’m basically the industry therapist at this point.” “But why would I talk to you about my problems when you don’t tell me yours? Why should I trust you when you don’t trust me?” You grew quiet, turning to look away while you tapped the small filter onto the railing again and again, “Since when did you become smart?” “It’s a two way street and you need to meet people in the middle… Your friends worry for you because they love you, just like you worry for them because you love them. You’re not a burden just because you share your feelings openly…”

A sorrowful smile grew on your lips, taking a deep breath of fresh air, “Have fun writing, I’m going for a run.” You nodded, feeling him pat you on your back before leaving you by yourself, a few minutes passing until the sun shined down on the whole city, that being your cue to start work.

.

.

.

Irene woke up first, Yeri and Sooyoung next to her while Seulgi and Wendy slept in the guest room. Her eyes wandering through your room’s walls before she rubbed the sleep away from her eyes and moved to look around for you, moving to the lounge, seeing the splayed blanket and note.

She realized you’d probably be working for the whole day, sending you a text to remind you to eat something before seeing the message from Jennie.

Jennie: Unnie is there anyway me, Lisa and Rosie can come to Daegu???

Jennie: Rosie found out and she’s pissed

The older woman sighed, calling up Jin, the boy picking up within a few rings, “Hello?” “Sorry if I woke you up…” “No no it’s fine, what’s up?” “Do you know if any of the guys are coming here?” “I think Hoseok and Namjoon might be in a few hours? Me and Jimin can’t come though…” “Is there any way they could pick up Lisa, Jennie and Chaeyoung?” “I’ll go talk to them, send Joon one of their numbers after talking to them but tell them they need to leave early cause they can’t get caught…” Irene hummed, thanking him before ending the call.

She called up Jennie, informing the girl to start packing up for two days before starting up on breakfast for everyone.

Jennie rolled out of bed tiredly, moving to wake the other two up, Lisa sleeping with Chaeyoung after last night’s events, both girls cuddled up to eachother while Jennie shook their bodies, “Have you guys packed?” They shook their heads making Jennie grumble, “Get up and get ready, pack for two days, Irene unnie said Hoseok and Namjoon can take us there but we’ll need to leave soon.” Lisa nodded tiredly, slowly moving out of bed while Chaeyoung just snuggled your hoodie closer.

Both girls shared a look, “I’ll take care of her, you get ready…” Jennie kissed Lisa on the head, thanking her before leaving the two of them.

Jennie got a call while stepping into the bathroom, seeing the unknown number making her confused, “Hello?” “Ah hello Jennie?” “This is her…” “It’s Namjoon, I think Irene should have told you we’ll be picking you guys up soon?” She calmed down, letting out a deep breath, “Yeah she just told me.” “Alright you can save my number and just send the location, we’ll need to leave soon though so please hurry up…” “Yeah yeah, no problem, the girls are gonna need like half an hour and we’ll be ready to leave.” “Alright then see you soon.” Jennie bid him bye, saving his number before sending him their location on message.

She double checked everything in her bag after getting dressed, the three of them wearing sweats and comfy clothes, faces covered to the point of no recognition before Jennie got another call from Namjoon informing them they were downstairs.

The girls moved quickly, covering their faces before getting into Hoseoks car, greeting both boys with a bow in the front seats, Namjoon turned around to face them, dimpled smile on his face while Hoseok pulled out, “Sorry we have to meet like this but me and Hobi picked up some sandwiches if you guys are hungry? We didn’t know what you’d like but… here… we can also pick something else up on the way?”

Jennie took the food from him, the girls thanking him as they stared at the different sandwiches, “How many did you get?!” He blushed, giggling a bit, “We’ll give the rest to everyone when we reach so you guys get first pick.”

They soon got onto the highway, Chaeyoung still quiet while Jennie and Lisa started talking to Namjoon and Hoseok, finding common ground on their jobs as they spoke about everything from performing to touring internationally.

.

.

.

Yoongi and you sat in the studio, working on some beats while he read through some of your lyrics in your notebook, “Why don’t you just use some of these for the new songs?” You turned to him, looking over the page he was reading, “Too personal… plus SM doesn’t want songs about feelings unless it’s wanting to someone or love…” Yoongi let out a little chuckle, rolling his eyes, “These are really good though…”

You shrugged, flipping your hair, “No one will ever know what an amazing lyricist I am!” He rolled his eyes while you fake cried, skipping through some pages as he stared at the countless songs you had written, “You can use some of them if you want you know, I miss making music with you guys…” “We just worked on Map of the Soul together.”

You pouted while he sent you a look, “Yea but still, plus we know why love yourself tear is one of your best albums for a reason AND young forever AND YOUR MIXTAPE!” “Yeah yeah thank you but we could’ve written those by ourselves.” “But I am the extra spice.” You smirked at him before turning back to the screen, fixing up some of the timings on different sounds, not noticing the way he was staring at you, stuck in thought before looking back at the page in front of him.

Remembering the production process of their love yourself albums, secretly knowing you saved them.

.

.

.

“So how do you know Y/N?” Namjoon turned to Lisa, Chaeyoung listening in as soon as your name was mentioned, “Yoongi knew her since she was a kid, so when he found out she moved to Seoul and was by herself he kinda took her under his wing and introduced her to us.” “So you guys are close?” Hoseok nodded, turning back to them for a second as he spoke, “She’s like our sister at this point, we all care about her, she’s like our own member.” Namjoon smiled, imagining your smiling face in his head, “We honestly wouldn’t be where we are if it weren’t for her…”

Chaeyoung finally spoke, leaning forward from her slouched position, “What’s that mean?” Namjoon’s eyes were wide before turning confused, “I’m guessing she doesn’t really talk about it does she?” They shook their heads, hanging onto his words, “Well, in our earlier years, I think it’s known we weren’t very successful, and she would always write and produce with us just because the company wouldn’t let her at the time… So she helped come up with the concept for our first trilogy album which obviously helped us get some recognition in Korea, and then gave us the idea for wings which is what really blew us up… I guess during love yourself was the most… tense time?”

Hoseok nodded at him, eyes stuck to the road before Namjoon turned back to the girls, “It was back when we were thinking about disbanding and uhm…” He thought for a second, trying to find the right words, “I remember, we were in the studio, and we told her about it… like our thoughts and stuff… hmmm… She got angry? What did she say again?” He turned to Hoseok, giggling a bit, “Oh… Something like, if you disband I’ll drop out of my group too.”

Their eyes widened, brows furrowing after hearing what you said, knowing that you wouldn’t give up your dream for anything, especially with the girls you called family, “And she was like? Serious?”

He nodded at Jennie’s question, “That’s why we were all confused… it was like… she was scolding us causes we wanted to give up? I remember she mentioned how our fans turn to us and reminded us why we all originally wanted to make music… we never started cause of the money or fame… it was to make people happy, even if it was just one person… making their day better just by bit. She has the same goal… I think that’s why she got mad? Cause we lost ourselves at one point and got wrapped up in everything…”

The atmosphere in the car was thick, Namjoon quickly letting out a laugh, “But yeah! She’s our little sister, she doesn’t know it but that kid helped all of us.”

Chaeyoung sat back down, stuck in thought before pulling out her phone again, swiping through videos until a video of you came up. She watched it out of pure confusion, staring at the thumbnail, in bright bold letters.

Y/N DESERVES THE WORLD

She thought it would just be videos of you being cute and nice, something funny to cheer her up but her heart soon felt heavy as it mentioned times in your careers.

Her first concert after her father passed

She stared at the clip of you, your usual smile as you sang with your members, interacting with fans, being extra jumpy while dancing to your songs, her mind trying to put herself in that position as she tried imagining how you could act so normal.

You just got off the phone with Haneul, your heart dropping to your stomach before you grabbed onto the wall, legs feeling shaky as his pained voice echoed in your head. You slowly slid down, curling your body up while trying to focus on your breathing, throat burning as you teared up slightly.

“Y/N -ah? It’s time to go your cues in five minutes- Y/N!” Hyejoo quickly moved next to you, your body not moving as you tried your best to inhale, “Y/N? Y/N what’s going on?” You pointed to your chest, the only sound being heard was labored wheezes.

“Medic! Medic!” Hyejoo was rubbing your back, trying to help you out of your panicked state while you could just feel your throat and chest burning, trying to gasp for air until you felt the oxygen bottle meet your lips, the medic on standby coaching you through it.

Your tears finally fell, makeup artist quickly patting them away as the team surrounded you, Hyejoo continuously checking her watch to make sure there would be no hiccups in the setlist.

You finally calmed down, makeup artist fixing you up while your stylist buttoned up your shirt again. They gave final lookovers, double checking on you. Once you gave them a thumbs-up, they both left you and Hyejoo alone, the older woman holding your shoulder as you closed your eyes, “What’s going on?”

“My dad… he- he’s… he died a week ago…” She froze, her eyes going wide before pulling you into a hug, “Y/N-ah…” “What’s the time?” She grew confused, leaning back to look at her phone, “Three minutes…” “I gotta go…” “We can stall-” “No. I gotta go…”

She nodded at you, leading you to the platform underneath the stage the other girl’s sending confused glances your way, “Sorry, I needed to pee.” They rolled their eyes, waiting for the stage director’s cue as you fixed your in-ears.

.

.

.

The concert was coming to a close, the six of you walking around while singing, wearing red velvet tshirts and some denim shorts. You stared at the fans and your members, seeing smiles on their faces before looking at the crowd, fan sticks lighting up the dark while swaying left to right.

You could feel tears pricking at your eyes, remembering your father in the crowd making you quickly turn around, blinking away the tears quickly before feeling Yeri jump onto your back. She giggled when you quickly caught her, hoisting her up so it’s more comfortable, you moved closer to the reveluvs, Yeri held her mic in front of you to sing along to the chorus, swaying her back and forth until you felt more weight, Seulgi ontop of Yeri now making you bend your knees, you let out a groan making the fans laugh before continuing to sing.

Smile stuck on your face while fans took videos of the three of you, moving around the stage slowly and using your strength to carry both girls.

 

08042018 Chicago fanmeet

She was fully focused on the video now, it seemed normal enough, the six of you posing most likely at the end of the fanmeet for everyone to take photos of you until a fan yelled at you to move away. She could see a second of shock on your face as the members grew awkward, knowing they weren’t allowed to say anything to the fan but still felt anger burn through them. Your smile was back on your face as you nodded at them, moving away before deciding to hype the five of them up, other fans showing displeasure, quickly grabbing a mic so you could calm them down and reassure them.

The six of you moved to the edge of stage, posing together before a fans voice rang out, “MOVE AWAY Y/N!” You looked to Wendy to make sure you heard correctly, seeing the girl furrow her brows, “THEY’RE BETTER WITHOUT YOU!” Your eyes widened, finally understanding what they meant, fans yelling out at whoever the stranger was, “Guys guys!” They turned to you, holding the mic up to your lips as you tried calming them down, your members looking at you confused while Yeri and Wendy could pick up on what was happening, “It’s ok! Don’t be mean to him!” You turned back to the girl’s pointing at them, “Look at how pretty my members are! Ofcourse I can’t stand next to them, they look like an angels!”

The crowd yelled out an incoherent responses, making you giggle.

An idea came to your head before you started singing your members names cutely, saying “pretty pretty” after each member as the crowd joined in, “Bae Joohyun?! Pretty Pretty! Kang Seulgi?! Pretty Pretty! Son Seungwan?! Pretty Pretty! Park Sooyoung?! Pretty Pretty! Kim Yerim?! Pretty Pretty!” The concert hall was booming with the fans voice making you smile, awkwardness gone and everyone having fun while you subtly swallowed the lump in your throat, making sure to let the fans capture photos of the five of them as you stood at a distance.

Death threats at RedMare

She watched you keep your distance from the girls, odd since you were normally clingy with them, always holding their hand or hugging them. Smile still on your face as you stayed away from the edge of the stage.

Hyejoo had told you about them last night, wondering if the group should postpone the concert but you already made a commitment to the fans. You told her not to tell the other members which made this even harder because everytime you moved away from them, another member would just move closer.

You just dodged Seulgi’s attempt at a hug, seeing the girl pout causing Reveluvs to let out awws, you giggled at her, rolling your eyes in attempt to keep up the act, internally freaking out while your hands shook slightly because no way in hell were you about to let them get hurt if someone was after you.

“We’re only half n hour away now so call Yoongi and we can figure out where everyone’s staying.” Namjoon nodded, pulling out his phone before dialing him, Chaeyoung finally looked away from her screen, gaining a nudge from Lisa, “You ok?” She hummed, furrowing her brows slightly, ‘”Why?” “Your eyes are teary?” She wiped them quickly on your sweater, seeing the small stain, “Probably just some wind…”

.

.

.

You sighed, leaning back against the desk chair while Yoongi’s phone started ringing making him excuse himself, you quirked a brow but paid it no mind, closing your eyes for a bit as your voice filled the room, Yoongi having helped you with recording the vocals for the demo as you listened to it quietly, mentally marking out the flaws as it finished, quickly getting to work to correct everything.

Yoongi walked back in, seeing you fix stuff up making him roll his eyes, “It’s a demo, it doesn’t have to be perfect.” “Shhh…” He flopped back onto the couch, letting out an awkward cough making you turn to him, “What’s up?” “How long are you gonna be here for?” You quirked a brow at him, confusion evident, “Am I not allowed?” “I have some friends coming over so…” “Oh…” He felt guilty, seeing your face fall for a second before you smiled back at him, “Yeah, let me just save stuff up and then I’ll be out of your hair.” “Alright great.”

He walked outside, cringing before acting normal when you walked out, hugging him and bidding him bye before stopping as your phone started ringing, “Hello?” “Yes Ms. Kim, we wanted to inform you that your mother’s awake now, she’s open to visitors now.” “Ah… okay thank you, we’ll be there soon.” “We wanted to speak with you regarding something?” “Yes what is it?”

You were frozen, listening to her carefully as anger filled your body, catching Taehyung’s attention when he looked away from the TV to you, “Y/N-ah? You good?” “Uh… I have to go pick up Haneul…” “School’s not done yet?” “Yeah my mom… she’s awake so… yeah… I’m gonna go, tell the girls by the way please.” Yoongi nodded, watching you leave before calling up Hoseok, “Oi, go straight to the hospital.” “What? Why? Is everything good?” “Her mom’s awake so we’re all heading there, I’ll send you the location.” “Alright we’ll be there soon…”

Yoongi ended the call, Taehyung and Jungkook already up as they moved to get their cars to pick up the girls.

.

.

.

You walked through the school’s gates, hurrying to the principal’s office as you took big steps, knocking on his door after being let in by his secretary, “Yes?” You entered, hands shaking as you met his eyes, “I was hoping to pull Kim Haneul out of class for the rest of the day, I don’t really know the process of this but it’s an emergency.”

He furrowed his brows as you took a seat, leg shaking, “I’m sorry but how are you related to him?” “I’m his older sister, our mother’s in the hospital right now.” “Ah I see… we normally have a procedure for this-” You groaned internally, pulling off your mask and watching his eyes widen slightly before he composed himself, “But as it’s an emergency we understand miss Y/N…” You smiled at him, seeing him use the speaker to c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter