Birthday Gift Pt.1

After Party
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You groaned, standing up slowly as you and Yeri leaned on eachother, a mumble leaving your lips before you turned to her, sharing a look while glaring at eachother, Irene smiling at the two of you as she shook her head, tapping Chaeyoung to get her attention as they moved to the kitchen to get some stuff ready.

“Truce?” She shook your hand, still glaring, “Truce.” You stared at eachother for a few more seconds before smiles broke out onto your faces, pulling her close as you turned to everyone still standing in your room, “How long have you guys been in there?” “Long enough!” Sooyoung pushed you out of her way, posing for the girls as she joined them meanwhile the rest hugged you while you shook your head at her actions, Tiffanny making sure to pinch your cheeks in excitement while you held a bored look, “Look at my baby all grown up!” “Yeah yeah…” She gave you another tight hug before moving to sit down.

Taeyeon the last one to actually hug you properly, holding you close, “Happy birthday .” “Thanks unnie…” You patted her on her back, sharing a look as she caressed your cheek, “Still got me grandma, not dying before you do.” She rolled her eyes, pushing you slightly as she walked up to the girls, “Now I’m gonna change into pajamas and no one can stop me!”

You slipped off your clothes unaware of the ruckus outside as the girls got your cake ready, running around as they got the party horns and hats out and put up a cute banner, aggressively whispering to eachother to make sure everything was perfect as they bickered meanwhile you slipped on your black sweater over your sports bra, watching it pool around your thighs, covering most of your short shorts as you pushed your hair out the back,  rolling your shoulders as a sigh left your lips.

You stopped at your door, hearing nothing from the other side making you shake your head as a smile grew on your face, realizing something was waiting for you on the outside. You prepared yourself, taking a deep breath before opening the door, flinching at the sound of poppers going off as you held a hand to your heart, eyes wide as they began singing happy birthday, Chaeyoung holding your cake with the sweetest smile making your own curve up, albeit meek, a dark blush on your cheeks as you scratched your neck, taking slow awkward steps towards them.

Sooyoung put a coned hat on you making you roll your eyes as she dragged your body to the cake, “Make a wish!” You whined, feeling nervous at all the attention before meeting her eyes, your heart calming down when you heard her sweet voice, “Come on...” You glared at her, humming in thought before closing your eyes and blowing at the candles, cheers reaching your ears while you rolled your eyes again.

Joy came closer, your eyes widening when you saw her hand behind her back, “Don’t you dare unnie.” “What? I’m not doing anything.” You looked at the cake, seeing a missing piece on the other side before shooting back to her, her hand coming into contact as she smothered the cake all over your face, screaming to get her off as she cackled, “Unnie!”

She moved away, wiping the frosting from your eyes as you glared at her, “You think this is funny?” “It is.” You quickly set foot after her, the girls sighing at the two of you as they set down the cake and took their seats, a claim of victory coming from you as you wiped some smushed cake onto Joy’s face.

“Ok ok!” You giggled, both of you covered in cake, some bits stuck in your hair before smiling at the group, Wendy taking a photo of the two of you as you smiled childishly while Joy glared at you, “I hate you.” “You started it!” She just mocked you, the both of you excusing yourself to clean up your faces before coming back to join them.

Settling down as everyone fell into conversation, catching up with the older girls as they asked you about the past few months, Sooyoung and Yoona scolding you a bit as they pinched your ears, “You scared us idiot.” “I know I know! Sorry!” They let go before pulling you into a tight hug, sighing subtly, “Don’t worry, won’t happen again.” “It better not.” You sent them a small smile, shaking your head before Irene called your name, catching your attention.

You and her moved away from the group, some of them sitting on the couches and floor while some sat on the dining table, Chaeyoung keeping her eyes trained on you as you shuffled near the kitchen.

“What’s up unnie?” “Yoongi dropped these off before you came…” You waited for her to comeback, seeing the rose and cupcake in her hands making a small smile grow on your face, “He said he’ll see you tomorrow but he wanted you to have them now…” You nodded, the older woman moving back to the group as you stood there, biting your tongue as your face scrunched up.

You could feel your throat tighten up, unconsciously shaking your head at his actions as if he was there before moving out into the hallway making Chaeyoung’s brows quirk up, the girl tapping Irene to figure out what was going on, “Unnie what happened?” “What happened?” “Y/N went outside…” “Probably to call Yoongi, nothing big…” “He sent her those?” She nodded, shrugging her shoulders, “Ever since 2018, he sends those two things to her…”

It only confused her further, why a rose and cupcake? Why couldn’t he give it to you tomorrow? Why did he start in 2018? Was it just an inside joke? But you weren’t laughing. Why did you look so happy over something small? I mean you two probably give eachother the most expensive gifts right?

Irene giggled a bit, patting Chaeyoung on her head when she saw the furrowed brows and open mouth of the girl as she zoned out, “None of us know why honestly. We just…” She hummed in thought, trying to find the right words as she shrugged her shoulders again, “It’s something special to her and if it makes her happy then we don’t really need to question it.”

 Chae nodded, pout on her face before she excused herself to go to you.

Meanwhile you had a soft smile on your face, twirling the flower inbetween your fingers as you held your phone up to your ears waiting for him to pick up, “Hello?” You rolled your eyes at his raspy croaky voice, realizing you woke him up, “Why aren’t you awake? You’re meant to wish me?” “I’m tired! What do you want?” “Thanks for the stuff…” He sighed on his end, rubbing his eyes, “It’s whatever… I’ll see you tomorrow ok?” “Alright, go back to sleep…” “Happy birthday kid…” “Thank you…”

He hung up, letting out a sigh as you stared at his gifts in thought, reliving those memories with your dad in your head, your lips curling up just a bit. You stood up straight, about to move back before you caught sight of Chaeyoung, the girl closing the door behind her as she turned to you, “Everything ok?” You quirked a brow, lips in a pout, “I thought I should check on you…” “Why? Did I do something wrong?” She giggled at your wide eyes and open mouth, shaking her head, “No idiot!” You let out a breath of relief, calming down as you picked up the packaged cupcake, “Then what’s up?” “You looked… emotional.” You quirked a brow up, teasing smile pulling at your lips, “Emotional?” She blushed under your gaze, ears turning red as she cutely huffed, “I was just worried!” You rolled your eyes, grabbing her hand as you led her back inside, “Well I’m fine, let’s go eat some cake.” “You can eat my cake…” You rolled your eyes at her mumble, letting out a sigh as you opened the door up, “Maybe later princess.”

Her eyes went wide, not realizing you heard her unconscious whisper, “Shut up.”  You giggled, moving to set the cupcake in the fridge before putting the rose in a small vase.

“Yah Y/N!” “Yeah Unnie!” Sooyoung was staring at you wide-eyed as you sat down, playing on with her act as you showed frustration, “What’s this about you and Chaeyoung?!” “What about me and her!” The girl in question was blushing, her eyes wide as her head shot between you two, a legendary senior talking about her so casually making her heart flip over, “You two dating?” “Hell yeah we are!”

Their eyes widened, Tiffany choking on her water, “When did that happen?!” “I told Tae Unnie!” Their eyes turned towards their leader, quirking a brow as she shrugged, “The topic never came up.” “I mean yeah we’re not gonna ask how this loser’s love life is going out of nowhere!”

“HEY!” They ignored you completely, your members and friends laughing at your hung open mouth as the elders argued between themselves, “You should’ve told us unnie!” “How should I know you wanted to know!” “Ofcourse we wanna know!” “Jessica knows!” “You told Jessica before us?!” “Well she asked!”

“Sica-unnie knows?!” Taeyeon turned towards you, pouting her lips, “Yeah she knows! Why!” You stood frozen until your eyes widened in realization, “That’s why she was acting weird!” Jennie furrowed her brows, the last time you introduced her to Jessica things seemed normal enough during the lunch, “What do you mean weird?” “Remember like we hung out at lunch and stuff right?” Jennie nodded, everyone listening in, “That night she texted me saying like oh you’ve grown up  and like you’re hiding something from me and obviously I’m confused and getting worried thinking I hid something.” Your eyes widened as you took a dramatic pause, sitting up straight, “Then out of nowhere she sent me this article about safe .”

Everyone’s faces fell, trying to hold in their laugh at her actions before her former members started hollering, your own members giggling a bit along with your friends, you waved your hand in the air through chuckles, getting their attention, “Worse part was, it was about straight safe .” Taeyeon held her head in her hands, shaking it in disappointment, “That girl…” “I was seriously confused!”

The laughter soon died down, conversation flowing as the ice was cracked between blackpink and the members of girls’ generation, settling in together as everyone began handing you gifts. “You guys really didn’t have to!” They groaned at your whine, telling you to shut up as they handed you some bags and wrapped presents, “Do I open them now…?” You looked around, holding a certain innocence in your face, warming their hearts.

“Give us a haul!”

You slowly began opening up the presents given, doing group by group as you began with the oldest girls, “The rest of the members were too busy to come but they sent us their gifts for you.” You grabbed the nine bags, sitting on the floor surrounded by them as your eyes widened, “This is seriously way too much!” “Oh shut up and open them!” You began opening everything up, gaining some sweaters and shirts, Taeyeon buying you some shoes you had your eyes set on and you even got some nice jewelry making you smile, “I see you saved best for last!”

You rolled your eyes at Tiffany, ruffling through the paper before you pulled out a pink fuzzy sweater, your eyes widening while your mouth fell open, Tiffany showing her famous eye smile, clapping like a little kid, “Do you like it?” You stared at the bright colour, definitely a huge change from your usual black, white and grey. You bit your lip, nodding your head slowly as you tried not to laugh, “Love it Unnie…” She jumped a bit in her seat, getting excited making your heart warm, “Try it on!” God she was really testing you.

You took off your sweater, Chaeyoung’s eyes immediately trailing down your figure while a blush rose to her cheeks as you slipped on the cute sweater, shaking your head a bit as you pulled out your hair from the back before looking at her, “Cute?” “Oh my god! You look so cute baby!” You still had a look of unbelief stuck on your face, nodding at her slowly, “Thank you unnie…”

You sighed, setting the gifts aside before handing Chaeyoung your sweater without a word, the girl blushing as you shifted through the gifts, everyone teasing her silently making her grow an embarrassed smile as she slipped it on.

“OK Let’s see what the biggest girl group in the world right now got me.” “You already looked through our gifts!” You giggled at Sooyoung, Blackpink blushing as they watched you open up their gifts, “Ok this is from me!” You smiled at Lisa, snatching the bag away from her with a childish grin, “I swear if you didn’t get me something good I’ll slap you.” “Oh shut up! You’ll love it.” She had a smirk on her face, watching you open up the bag before your eyes widened, “Shut the up Lisa!” She giggled, heart calming down as you pulled out the new analog Leica you had your eyes set on, “You did not!” “I ing did!” You pulled her into a tight hug, eyes wide making everyone smile at the two of you.

You opened up Jennie’s present, awing at the black Chanel crop top that matched her blue one, “So we’re doing another matching fit?” She winked at you, leaning back into the couch while you giggled and set it back inside, “Alright Soo Unnie you can’t disappoint me!” She shrugged cooly, “You know I gotchu man!” You giggled at her English, tearing the wrapping paper as it revealed a custom cover for your Nintendo switch, eyes widening before a smile grew on your face, “Kim Jisoo you own my heart!” “Yah!” Chaeyoung eyes were wide, feigning hurt while you moved to sit in Jisoo’s lap, sticking your tongue out at her.

“Wait Chaeyoung-ah did you not get her a gift?” “Ahh-” She blushed at Irene’s question, Lisa turning her head down to hide her smirk, “I’ll give it to her tomorrow night…” The older woman nodded, not paying any mind while Chaeyoung kept her head down out of embarrassment, “BOTH WAYS WHO CARES! I wanna see what you guys got me.”

Your members rolled their eyes, all of them moving to sit in front of you on the floor as they handed you a big box making your eyes widen, “Here idiot.” You smiled at Yeri, opening up the big box as you began digging through it, “You guys got me a whole store or something!”

They rolled their eyes, watching you pull out the different things you got, your eyes widening at the customized converse, dogs in her signature drawing style and lines of orange adorning it, “Seulgi Unnie!” the girl smiled at you, giggling, “They match the ones you made me.” You had a big smile on your face, letting out an aww as you got up to hug her, “I still did a better job but it’s the thought that counts.” Referring to the ones you gave her on her birthday in almost the same fashion, hers having bears with yellow lines instead. She rolled her eyes, nudging you as you kept looking through.

Wendy had bought you an 80’s keyboard, knowing you were looking for one to make it easier in song recordings, especially due to the distinct sound, “Unnie! I love you!” She laughed a bit, nodding her head, “Don’t mention it kid.” You continued digging through, pulling out Sooyoung’s gift, a bunch of vinyls of your favourite albums, specifically signed making your mouth fall in shock, “Unnie!” She winked at you, her lips pulled up in a proud smirk, “I have my ways.”

You giggled, carefully setting it aside as you pulled out Yeri’s gift, a simple, slightly oversized leather jacket you mentioned you liked, smile growing even bigger as you turned to her, “Yah Yerimmie! Thank you!” She rolled her eyes, pretending not to care, “I’ll probably steal it anyway.” You giggled, folding it up and laying it next to you until you  came face to face with a book, your brow quirking as you picked it up, catching Irene’s nervous gaze from the corner of your eye, “Unnie as much as I like books… I don’t think I can read anything this big.” You brought it up to your eye, taking note of how thick and big it was. “Just open it idiot…” Your eye slightly narrowed at her quiet tone, normally the woman being the most confident in her gift to you since she prided herself on knowing you the best.

Chaeyoung watched you beam at everyone, that same twinkle in your eye as your gums peeked out along with your dimple, smile almost splitting your face as you sat the book on your lap, a nervousness beginning to twinge in your brow, anticipation rising.

You slowly opened it up, the first picture you ever took as a group of six greeting you making your eyes shoot up, “We all look so ugly! Why would you do this!” They giggled at your outburst while you continued to swipe through the pages, finger stopping in movement as you froze, staring at the picture of you with Haneul and your dad backstage at your first concert, all of you beaming at the camera as your father stood between you two, smiling with his stupid golfer hat he wore on top of his head for as long as you could remember in a Red Velvet Merch Tshirt, Hanny and him holding up your lightstick. Biting your lip as a bitter sweet feeling filled you, your eyes trailing down to the words written underneath, tongue poking against your cheek.

‘He’ll always be proud of you.’

You in your cheeks unconsciously, nostrils flaring as you got up to pull Irene in a hug, holding her tiny body close as she your hair, “Thank you…” “I’m happy you like it…”

“Give me a hug too! We all helped!” You moved away, giggling to move towards Wendy as you pulled her into a tight hug, moving to hug the rest of your members, “Ok ok! Y/N do a toast!”

You sighed, Jisoo and Jennie handing out shots to everyone as you stood in front of everybody awkwardly, clearing your throat, “Uh- so… obviously… the past few days… a lot has happened… and- uh-I’m sorry for worrying everybody… but, I want to thank you for… staying by my side… I know I can be annoying and frustrating but it means a lot…” You hummed, staring at the floor out of embarrassment, making sure not to meet their eyes, “It’s hard for me to properly accept love… but… uhm… I’m working on it… and I just wanna properly thank you all and… uhm… to many years of health and happiness together.” You smiled awkwardly at them, raising your glass carefully as you scratched the back of your neck, Sooyoung yelling out Amen making everyone giggle as they downed it, grimacing at the taste.

You shook your head, letting out a breath as you set the shot glass down and picked up all your gifts carefully, “I’m gonna keep it low on the alcohol intake but you guys continue, I’ll be right back.” They whined watching you shuffle carefully to your room, “Oh calm down , we’re still partying!” They’re boos turned into cheers making you roll your eyes as you entered your room.

Ice slowly breaking between Blackpink and your sister group, somehow Taeyeon ending up next to Chaeyoung as she watched you talk to Yoona, “So how you doing?” Chaeyoung blushed, nodding her head, “I’m good.. you?” Taeyeon giggled shaking her head, “Don’t be scared, I won’t hurt you!” Chae nodded, giggling a bit as Taeyeon let out a sigh, “How are you and the going?” Chaeyoung smiled softly, catching you bickering with Sooyoung and Joy, both Sooyoung’s ganging up on you before Tiffany came to the rescue, coddling you as you smirked at the older girls.

“We’re going good… I think.” Taeyeon furrowed her brows, nudging her to continue, “Why isn’t that a sure answer?” She let out a sigh, stretching her arms before hugging herself, “I mean… Her and I had this blow up in the hospital and then we’ve been good but it’s like we’ve been ignoring so much at the same time… I don’t think any of us have really talked about it properly… She… You know… and that was really scary… We’re being more mature this time. I know she’s trying to be more open and like, we talk about our feelings… but we’re not addressing… it!” Taeyeon nodded, letting out a hum as she watched you dance with Yoona, giggling with eachother while doing the robot, a smile picking at her lips when she saw you laugh.

“As much as she hides it, she’s not comfortable opening up to people… She could share a bunch of life stories and make you laugh and create this idea of herself in your head but you won’t ever see… the real her? If that makes sense. There’s a lot she’s been through but she denies it by creating excuses for people who hurt her… it just bites her in the end.” Chaeyoung quirked a brow, pouting in confusion, making Taeyeon sigh as she leaned back, “I’m guessing you know about the whole restraining order thing?” Chae nodded, a sign for the older woman to continue, “Do you know why she’s so against it?” “She doesn’t wanna lose Haneul right?” Taeyeon let out a giggle, nodding slowly, “He’s a big part of it and if it was just about him I would be on her side honestly. That kid means the world to her and I would understand her logic you know? She can’t not see him and stuff…” “So then what’s the other reason?”

A beat of silence passed between them, the older woman running a hand through her hair, “She still thinks her mom can love her… she wants to prove to everyone how her mom’s not a terrible person, how her mom’s just misunderstood, how she showed her tough love… She’s so infatuated with motherly love that she’s willing to do anything just to get a taste.” A frown grew on Chaeyoung’s face as she watched you in pure happiness, your arms around Lisa as you talked to Jisoo and Tiffany, “I mean… maybe it is tough love? And a few moments where she went to hard?” She tried coming up with some reason, you were logical in every mean, thinking a few steps ahead of everything even if you acted dumb and childish.

Taeyeon sent a shocked look at Chae, her brows furrowed and eyes wide, “Are you serious?!” Chaeyoung let out an awkward laugh, nodding her head with an unsure smile on her face, “I mean? It could work?!” Taeyeon’s face fell, the realization dawning on her, “You don’t really know what happened to her…” Your girlfriend blushed under her gaze, shrugging her shoulders, “I mean… I know about the scar on her face but… not much…” Taeyeon rolled her eyes, shaking her head, “That idiot… did she down play it?” “She said it wasn’t a big deal, yeah…”

“That women almost killed her so many times it’s hard to count…” Chae felt nerves grow in her, sneaking a glance your way, “What do you mean… killed?” “Like she’s literally almost died so many times, she once told me she wouldn’t make it to fifteen…”

Chae felt her heart drop, eyes widening while her hands started to shake, frowning immediately catching your attention as you let go of Lisa, taking quick steps towards them before squatting down with your brows furrowed, “Yah Unnie what did you do to my girlfriend?!” “I’m fine…” The small smile on your face fell, looking around confused between them, your voice growing more serious now, “What happened?” Taeyeon sighed, apologizing, “Maybe I said too much…” “Unnie what did you tell her?” “Nothing I just- forget what I said, I’m sorry I overstepped-” “Don’t apologize…” Taeyeon looked guilty, her eyes shooting between you two as Chae looked stoic while you were just plain confused.

“We were fine literally ten minutes ago? Did I do something wrong?” “It’s whatever, I’ll talk to you later…” You quirked a brow, grabbing her hand as you led her outside catching the attention of some of your friends as Taeyeon was biting her lip, Tiffany quirking a brow at her friend, “What’s going on?” “I think I may have just ed up something

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter