Daegu Born Liar

After Party
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your heart dropped, a buzzing noise in your ear as the words processed, “We’re calling to inform you that your mother has been admitted to the ICU, as you were her emergency contact please reach here as soon as possible.”

You stayed silent, mind frozen until Chaeyoung’s worried face came into view, “Hello? Ms. Kim? Are you there?” You cleared your throat, putting a smile on your face quickly, “Ah yes, could you please just tell me what happened?”

“She seems to have gotten in a car accident after fainting behind the wheel.” Haneul popped into your head, your hand gripping the phone tightly, voice slightly cracking at the thought, “Were there any other passengers?” “No she was the only one found at the scene, luckily no one else got hurt.”

You let out a breath of relief, quickly moving to grab your things confusing both girls, “Alright, thank you, I’ll be there as soon as possible.”

You ended the call, looking around her room pretending to be as calm as possible while making sure you had everything, “Y/N?” You turned to her, quickly slapping on a smile as you moved to hug her, “Something came up so I gotta go now but I promise I’ll try to come back as quick as possible ok?” She nodded, still confused when you kissed her on her cheek.

You were about to move away before feeling her grip your wrist, her face still trouble, “What happened?” “Nothing big don’t worry, I just gotta go visit someone, chill princess.”

You kissed her one more time on her forehead, murmuring an I love you to her before moving away to hug Jisoo, “Sorry I can’t stay but you guys owe me food!” You quickly hugged Jennie and Lisa, kissing them on their cheeks, “Yah where are you going!?” “I gotta go take care of things idiot, unlike you I have a life.”

She gasped while you grew a smirk, blowing a kiss before abruptly leaving, Chaeyoung still confused while Jisoo grew tense, immediately taking her phone out and texting Wendy.

Lemme know if Y/N comes home?? :Jisoo

Wendy: What??

Wendy: I thought she was with you??

Wendy: Did something happen??

Idk she got some phone call and then left?? :Jisoo

She said she needs to go visit someone :Jisoo

Wendy: Alright I’ll let you know if something comes up

Jisoo let out a sigh, Chaeyoung sitting there still speechless from your quick exit as her arms wrapped around her body, sniffing your sweater still adorned on her body, “You good?” She slowly nodded, pout stuck in place making Jisoo sigh, “What’s going on?” “I’m just- What just happened?”

.

.

.

You drove fast to the company, quickly parking before jogging in, asking around for Hyejoo until the woman met your eyes, dragging her to one of the empty board rooms quickly, “Ok STOP STOP! What’s going on?” “I need you to clear the next three days.” “Excuse me?”

She quirked a brow at you, obviously confused with the way you were talking to her, “I- I need just three days off, I promise I’ll be back but just three days. Please Unnie…” She softened when you pleaded, eyes scanning your shaky hands and pale face while sitting across from you, a sigh escaping her lips, “Why?”

“My mom got into an accident, I just need to go check up on everything…” She held her head in her hands, going over all your schedules for the next three days while you sat there quietly, beginning to bite your nail before she pointed an accusing finger at you making you quickly lower your own, “Is it serious?” “All I know is that she’s in the ICU…”

Hyejoo stayed silent, watching her ponder before she quickly got up making you flinch, “Stay here…”

You nodded before being left alone, foot tapping while your fingers thrumming rhythmically, bottom lip latched between your teeth as you chewed, nerves filling your body as you waited and waited.

Pacing around the room before laying on the table right back to sitting on the chair.

Staring at the time tick by, an hour already wasted before Hyejoo walked back in tiredly making you shoot up.

“Schedules cleared up for the next three days…” You quickly wrapped her in a hug, twirling her in the air while she yelled at you to stop, “That’s enough!” “Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!” She rolled her eyes, not being able to stop her smile as she watched your eyes twinkle, “I’m gonna go pack!”

You were about to sprint out, being lurched back as she held onto the back of your shirt, a choke coming out of you while your eyes bugged out, “Not so fast. Higher ups want five new finished instrumentals and three of those need lyrics, not to mention they want the tracks you’re working on done too…” You groaned while she shrugged her shoulders, “Punishment.” You nodded, giving her a tight hug while thanking her one more time, “I’ll get it done, no problem…” “Text me when you get home ok?”

You gave her a toothy grin, nodding your head and bidding bye as you shot towards your dorms, quickly looking over the small list of things you needed, knowing you already wasted time.

You announced you were home, making a beeline for your room as you rummaged out your suitcase as fast as possible, throwing necessities in before moving to your recording equipment, neatly packing them up before carefully putting them in, Wendy coming in to see you in thought while growing confused, “Y/N?” You turned your head to her, a smile on your face, “Hi unnie!” “What’s… uhmm… what’s going on kid?”

“I’m just heading back home for a bit.”

She walked closer, obviously concerned now that you mention home, “And why is that?” “My mom got into this tiny accident so I’m just gonna check in with her. You know.” “What happened?” “Oh uhmm… I’m not sure Haneul called saying she sprained her ankle or something.” “You’re going all the way to Daegu so you can check on her sprained ankle?” You hummed, running into the bathroom to get your toothbrush, throwing it in a tiny bag as you picked up other essentials before dumping it in your big bag.

“How long are you staying there?” “Just three days.” “Three days for a sprained ankle?” You hummed again, zipping up the suitcase before moving to get your laptop and dropping it in a backpack.

You looked around before making sure you had everything, “I’ll be home soon, nothing to worry about.”

.

.

.

Your words did nothing to help cause as soon as you stepped out that door she texted everyone that you went back home other than Chaeyoung, pacing around her room as she tried to call Hyejoo.

“Wendy-ah? Everything good? Do you need me to take you somewhere? You don’t have any physio today.” Wendy cut off Hyejoo’s worried rambling quickly, nerves filling her, “Why is Y/N going back to Daegu?” The line got quiet, a few beats of silence passing before she spoke again, “What did she say?” “Her mom sprained her ankle.”

 A crackled sigh reached Wendy’s ears, already knowing where this was going, “Her mom got hurt so she went to make sure she was fine and check on Haneul too… you guys want to go now I’m guessing?” “Ah… yeah…” “I’ll see what I can do, no way are you leaving today though so sit tight, I’ll update you all.” “Thank you unnie…” “Yeah yeah, I’ll talk to you later.”

The line cut, Wendy letting out a sigh as she dropped her phone on the kitchen table, trying to distract herself as she waited for everyone to reach home.

.

.

.

You reached home, checking the time quickly when you noticed Haneul would still be at school. You finally relaxed, getting out of your car to do a few stretches as your back and joints let out cracks, letting out a groan while feeling your muscles flex and pull.

You finally stood up straight, tying up your hair in a ponytail as you moved to get your things out with a huff, carrying the heavy bags to the front step before you realized you didn’t have a key, “…” You started rummaging around, knowing they would keep a hidden key somewhere around the door.

You turned the carpet up finally, rolling your eyes at the simple spot as you unlocked the door, shuffling your bags in while murmuring to yourself, “Surprised they haven’t been robbed yet…”

You left the bags in the middle of the reception, deciding to figure out where you’ll be staying after you met your mother.

You quickly made yourself some coffee, waking up your tired mind before getting back in your car. Taking a deep breath before ruffling your hair, you quickly called Haneul, knowing his school was gonna end soon.

You heard it ring a few times, pulling out of the driveway carefully as you to the street, “Noona? I’m in class!” You smiled at his worried whisper, “I’m picking you up today, don’t be late, meet you outside idiot.” “What do you mean you’ll-”

You cut the call, satisfied with yourself while heading towards his school, the drive being short enough before you parked in front of the school gates, taking out your phone as you waited for the final bell to ring, opening up the red velvet groupchat to let everyone know you were going to be in Daegu for a few days.

Swiping back to all the chats, her name caught your attention, opening it up as your fingers hovered over the keyboard.

I just wanna say I’m sorry for leaving so quickly :Y/N

Something came up but I promise I’ll make it up to you :Y/N

Princess: It’s fine don’t worry

Princess: I miss you but I’ll see you soon right?

Ofcourse idiot :Y/N

Chaeyoung grew a smile on her face, rolling her eyes before she moved to the lounge with everyone, “Is there any food left?” Lisa quickly passed the French toast to her, all of them quiet making Chaeyoung quirk a brow as she took a bit, “What’s up with you guys?”

They were all nervous, terrible at lying to the girl in front of them, “Nothing, we’re just chilling…” Her brows furrowed at Lisa, weirded out by her behavior, “Ok what’s going on?” “What do you mean? We’re just… you know… having some food… completely normal…” She turned to Jennie, her face narrowed before it clicked in her head, a smile growing on her face, “Wait! Is Y/N planning another surprise or something!”

They grimaced at the mention of your name, Rosie completely unaware while coming up with ideas, Jisoo’s brows suddenly furrowing, “Wait, what do you mean by another surprise?” Chaeyoung pouted, showing them the ring on her finger, “She gave me a ring?”

Jennie choked on her water, hacking out her lungs, “SHE PROPOSED?”

Chaeyoung immediately blushed, waving her hands in the air quickly while shaking her head, “GOD NO! She just… she told me she loved me… and it was really cute… and stuff…” They aww-ed internally, seeing Chaeyoung twist the ring on her finger as her voice got quieter and quieter.

“Did you say it back?” “Ofcourse I did!”

An idea popped into Lisa’s head, the girl immediately shooting up, “You have to tell me everything!” She dragged Chaeyoung into her bedroom, turning back subtly to Jennie and Jisoo as she told them to check on you.

.

.

.

You nodded along to the music, looking around for your brother until his face came into view, a smile growing on your lips as you watched him walking with a girl slightly shorter than him, rolling down your window just to make him suffer a bit, “Hanny! Haneul! Over here!”

Thankful that your face was covered, you leaned over on top of the passenger seat, waving your hand out the window. He grew red, scratching his head out of habit.

You watched with a smile as he waved bye to her before running towards your car, getting in with a glare on his face as he punched you in your arm, “I hate you.” “I know you missed me though.”

You shifted the car into drive, heading towards the hospital as you caught him up to speed, “Why are you back?” “Mom got into an accident.” “Is she fine?!” “She’s in the ICU but everything seems stable… They haven’t told me anything else but she’ll be fine, it was just a little accident.”

He calmed down a bit but was still worried, leg shaking as he stared outside the passing sidewalks. You hummed slightly to the song playing, soon enough reaching as you parked in front of the hospital, taking your key out of the ignition as you made sure you had everything.

“Is she gonna die too?”

Your body stilled, hearing Haneul’s quiet voice, turning to look at him as he stared at his feet, nails digging into his skin as his hands formed tight fists, brows furrowed and lips set in a thin line, eye twitching slightly.

You let out a huff, nudging him, “She’s not gonna die idiot, I’m not bothered to take care of you. Now stop being stupid and get out, it’s already been a few hours so she might be awake.” He smiled slightly, a side of his curling up before he nodded, the both of you getting out and heading into the hospital quickly while moving to the reception.

You gave Haneul some cash to get something from the vending machine while you talked to the front desk, mind buzzing with a million things as you tried to focus on the conversation you were having.

“Excuse me?” A nurse turned your way, looking up at you from behind the long desk as she set some files aside, “How may I help you?” “I got a call this morning, my mother was in the ICU, her name is Kim Haerin?” She tapped on her keyboard while you leaned against the table, arms resting on top as you waited.

“Ah… she w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter