Normal

After Party
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You gripped your laptop tightly, making sure you were covered as you lifted up your turtle neck and fixed your mask and bucket hat. You entered the familiar building, meeting eyes with Nayeon who shot up from her seat when she saw you.

You took off your mask, smiling at her as you greeted her with a hug, “What’re you doing here?” “Well we were told that a certain talented producer sent a song for us…” You blushed, a shy smile on your face, “Yeah yeah… I’m still not putting my name on it though.” “Why not!?” You shrugged, feeling her wrap her arm around yours as she led you to what you were guessing was a conference room.

“Cause I don’t wanna get in more trouble with the company, nor do I want more attention right now.” She pouted, swaying you a bit as you walked, “Fine but then what do you normally do… you know… when you do these things? Like do you just not take credit or…?”

You giggled shaking your head, “Heard of Dumb Dog?” She hummed, nodding her head, “They produced for a bunch of groups and all their songs end up high on the charts… But no one knows what they look like, they make all the artists sign NDA’s or something… what do they have to do with this?” You held back your smile, clearing your throat before looking at her straight in the eyes, she quirked a brow, taking her a second for the dots to connect.

“SHUT THE UP-”

You covered quickly, eyes wide while looking around, “Jesus calm down.” She your hand making you grimace as you pulled back, both of you glaring at eachother. She smacked your arm making you pout, “What?!” “Why didn’t you tell me?!”

You shrugged your shoulders cutely, still pouting at her, “I don’t know… you never asked?” “WHY WOULD I ASK IF YOU HAPPEN TO BE AN UNKNOWN PRODUCER THAT’S KNOWN IN THE KPOP INDUSTRY?” “You know that sentence kinda contradicts itself… like how can I be unknown but known… ya know?” She smacked you again, gaining a grumble from your side as she continued to glare at you before Jihyo came, “What’s taking you two so long?”

You smiled at her, waving cutely, “Hi unnie!” She sighed, shaking her head but her smile contradicted her as you ran over and hugged her, “Nayeon unnie’s being mean.” You pouted at her, using a cute voice while Nayeon’s jaw dropped, “Am not!” Jihyo wrapped a protective arm around your waist while a small smirk grew, “Nayeon unnie she’s younger than both of us… come on don’t be mean…” “Jihyo I wasn’t-” “It’s ok, let’s just go to the meeting.”

Jihyo led you away while Nayeon grumbled, gaining a subtle wink from you making her even more annoyed as the three of you entered the meeting room, you quickly bowed to everyone, quickly giving hugs to the other girls before you took your designated seat.

“So… where do we start?” You awkwardly smiled at JYP, the man clapping his hands before he stood up, “Well, the girl’s and I have already listened to it and read over the lyrics as well and we’ve decided to make it the title track for our next comeback.” Your eyes widened, looking around at the girls, “Title track?” They nodded, smiling at you, “Well… I mean… I’m honored but didn’t you guys have a title track that was already set?” “We thought that the song you sent would be better…” You nodded slowly, clearing your throat, “And the girls are fine with the lyrics?” “If you’re open to it we’d still like to add our own parts…” You smiled at them, nodding, “So if this is a confirmed deal…” You pulled out your backpack, pulling out a bunch of papers.

“I’m gonna need all of you to sign these… It’s nothing big, just an NDA and for you sir…” you scanned through the documents, getting up and handing them each one before dropping one in front of JYP himself, “Yours is slightly different sunbaenim…”

They all read over it quickly before signing while JYP faltered, “Ten percent?” The girls quirked their brows, head shooting between the two of you on opposite ends of the table knowing there was nothing in their documents with that.

You sighed, folding your legs under the table while taking off your hat, fixing your hair a bit with your fingers as you cleared your throat, “Your name’s on the door, therefore if anyone in this company, you, interns, the receptionist, the janitor, whoever really… If my name gets out and my producer alias is compromised, I gain ten percent of the company.” “Your alias being…?” “Dumb dog.” The girls heads shot to you, while Nayeon shook her head, all of their eyes wide while JYP’s brows furrowed more than before.

You leaned on your hand, elbow resting on the table as you stared at him, the girl’s growing nervous when they saw the serious look on your face. He let out a laugh, quirking a brow, “You’re not serious Y/N-ah…” You cringed at the way he called you, letting out a sigh, “While I would love for these girls to sing my song, if you can’t agree to my terms then I’ll have to find someone else.”

His smile faltered, letting out a sigh, hands tapping on the table before he picked up the pen and began signing, a smirk growing on your lips as you sent a wink to Jeongyeon who looked impressed.

“Now if everything is finalized, I’ll take those back and we can either head to the studio now or one of you tell me whenever you’re free before we start work on it… just send me a timeline of the release date and when you need the song finished by, though it should only take around a week or a week and a half to finish recordings since most things are already taken care of, and if you’re worried about the choreography, I can send you a video of a demo I created and if you like it you’re free to use it…”

“Then in terms of credits, will the choreography also go to you?” You hummed, shrugging your shoulders, “Once again, it would go under my producer name…” “Won’t people become suspicious of you? Both producer and choreographer?” You quirked a brow at him, eyes narrowing while a small smile grew, “Well like I said, you don’t have to use it if you don’t want to… And ofcourse we’ll have to fix up some of the formations cause of the amount of people… I can work with one of your choreographers on that and they get credit too, less suspicious then and it’s not like I haven’t choregraphed for other groups before.”

He nodded, clearing his throat, “Well…” He turned to the girl’s managers, “Do they have any schedules for today?” They all quickly checked their phones, speaking amongst eachother before shaking their heads, “Then how about all of you head to studio, and you can get started on reworking the lyrics while we look over the choreography.”

You nodded, opening up your laptop and taking out a USB from your backpack, finding the dance video and moving it before plugging it out.

“Here’s the video.” You slid it over the table as you stood up, “You guys lead the way?” The girls smiled standing up and bowing to everyone there while you packed up and did the same, making sure to get all the NDA’s back and sending a message to your lawyer.

The ten of you shuffled into the studio, letting out sighs as you rested, taking out your things and carefully placing your laptop on the table before turning to them with a smile on your face, “So how are some of my favourite girl’s doing?” They giggled, getting comfy on the sofas and seats as you fixed up your hat.

“We’re just practicing and getting prepared to comeback and stuff, the usual you know…”  You hummed, leaning back on the desk chair, “And are you guys getting enough rest and stuff?” Mina nodded, giggling a bit as she leaned on Chaeyoung’s shoulder, “Don’t worry, we’re all good, but what about you? Still on hiatus?”

You chuckled, crossing your arms as a sigh left your lips, “I mean we’ve been on hiatus for basically a year now.” Nayeon cut in, nodding her head at you, “Seriously though, how are you doing now?” “I’m fine, focusing on personal things you know… As much as I regret it, it also helped put a lot of things into perspective so… gonna get my life together in a month and then we’re gonna try our best to comeback for our fans…”

Jeongyeon sighed, kicking you softly, “You’re allowed to rest idiot.” You smiled softly, giggling a bit, “I am don’t worry, making music is like… it’s my therapy you know? It helps me process my emotions… and so does dance so… it’s not like I can stop myself. But I’m resting, focusing on things I wanna do and doing them… I really am.”

They nodded, sending them a big smile while you turned around to open up your laptop, “Ok, so I’m guessing you’ve all read over the lyrics?” They nodded again while you took out your notebook, clicking a pen while crossing your legs, “So let’s get started then?”

.

.

.

Rosie let out a sigh, getting fitted for their interview with Spotify as they fixed up their mics and got the cameras and lighting ready. She thanked the staff as she took a seat on the couch, waiting to start as she layed her head on Lisa’s shoulder, both of them going on their phones, mindlessly scrolling before she got a text from Chaeyoung, opening it up to see a video of you jotting words down in your notebook while the members of Twice chattered around you.

She smiled before she saw Lisa roll her eyes from the corner of her vision, turning to her with a quirked brow, “What’s with that?” “With what?” “You just rolled your eyes at Y/N?” Lisa once again let a little attitude slip as she shook her head before looking back at her own screen making Chaeyoung even more confused, “What’s going on with you?” “What? I’m literally just sitting here?” “What’s with the weird attitude? Did you and Y/N have a fight?”

Lisa mumbled, Rosie straining her ears to listen, “How can we have a fight if she’s up your all the time…” Her eyes widened, staring at her bestfriend like she just grew a second head, “Excuse me?” “Whatever…” Lisa shuffled away, moving next to Jisoo while Chaeyoung sat frozen, utterly confused at where this was coming from.

.

.

.

You checked the time on your phone, sighing as you got up, “So you guys text me when you wanna start recording and stuff ok?” They nodded, hugging them goodbye as you packed up your things and headed out, quickly getting into your car as you headed back home, your laptop safely tucked away in your bag while driving home.

You the radio at a stop light, listening for a bit before you realized they were going to play Blackpink’s song. You shut it off, sighing before a groan left your lips pouting at the thought of not getting to watch or listen to their new songs.

You continued driving, beginning to hum before your phone rang, scaring you slightly as you jumped in your seat, you stared at your phone, pressing answer from the wheel when you saw Irene’s name blaring, “Yeah unnie?” “Where are you?” “Uhh… I’m coming home now, like twenty minutes, there’s a lot of traffic right now.” “How was the meeting?” “Yeah it went well, they confirmed and we worked on the lyrics today, gonna continue recording and stuff later.” “Do you have anything else or you coming home for lunch?” “Yeah I’m coming home, I marinated some chicken yesterday so just grill that up and start eating, I’ll join.” She hummed, bidding you bye before ending the call, a sigh leaving your lips as you stopped at another traffic light, deciding to play some music from your phone.

You busied yourself, singing along through the drive, feeling slightly more relaxed while having a small moment with yourself, listening along to good day by IU, hitting the high note as your eyes shut, about to raise your voice to the third note before a car honked behind you making you jump.

You cleared your throat, signaling a thank you before continuing to drive, blush on your cheeks before arriving home.

You let out a sigh, grabbing your things while putting your hat back on, heading upstairs with a jump in your step and smile on your face, whistling before entering your home, “Unnie’s I’m home!” You dropped your bag on the couch, greeting them as you took a seat on the table next to Sooyoung, digging in excitedly making the girls smile as you stuffed your mouth.

Conversation flowed between the six of you, a feeling of normalcy taking over as the six of you relaxed together.

Catching up on work, drama, anything and everything that was going on.

“Oh Y/N-ah!” You turned to Irene, quirking a brow at her, “Yeah unnie?” “Have you talked to Hyejoo?” Your brows furrowed, pouting in thought before you shook your head, “Did I need to do something?” They all smiled making your eyes narrow at them, “Why do all of you look like that?” “You remember sweet home?”

You crossed your arms, leaning back, “Yeah, I was kind of a lead before SBS cancelled it after we shot everything.” They rolled their eyes at the snide comment about the certain network, all of the members holding a certain negative feeling towards them.

“Well other than that stupid network, guess what got picked up by Netflix?” Your eyes widened, mouth falling open, “Shut the up!” “Sweet home got picked up by Netflix!”

You sat in shock, the girls giggling at your cute face before Sooyoung hugged you tightly, “Now there’s another actress in the group!” You felt her kiss your cheek, a shy smile on your face while rolling your eyes, “You’re acting like I haven’t been in other shows…” “Yeah but this is the first time you’re a lead!” You thanked them, cheeks turned red from embarrassment as they congratulated you, “Wait I’m just gonna call the cast members!” They nodded, watching you excitedly get up and run into your room.

They heard the door shut, giggling between eachother, “She seems back to her usual self…” They hummed at Seulgi’s words, growing quiet for a bit before Sooyoung cut in, “Things seem to be going well cause she’s distracted you know…  but we should also focus on the times where she closes up…” They nodded in agreement, “We should just keep an eye out.”

Yeri pouted, slowing down her eating, “Do you guys think she’ll be fine…?” It was quiet, chatter from your room being heard as you talked to one of your castmates, “It’ll be one day at a time… we just… We’ll figure it out…” Irene nodded at Wendy’s words, “She’s been there for each of us for so long and we didn’t notice… We’re all family right? We take care of eachother… so it’s our turn to take care of her.”

You came back after a few minutes, buttoning up your shirt while tossing a blazer onto the couch, “Where you going all dressed up?” You hummed, fixing the ruffled collar while tucking in your shirt, “Meeting with the president.”

Their eyes widened, watching you slip on your reading glasses, resting atop the bridge of your nose before looking in the mirror, “Campaign?” You hummed again, letting out a sigh after giving yourself a final look over, “And I wanna go over a few other things…” “Like?”

You grabbed your blazer, letting it rest on your shoulders, “I read up on the equality law and procedure for child abuse cases… don’t like them.” Some of them quirked their brows, trying not to giggle, “So what are you gonna do about it?”

“Gonna propose an amendment for the equality law and a whole new procedure on child abuse cases…” “So what does that mean?” “Equality law discriminates against foreigners and different races as well as the whole LGBT community and for the CA cases, I found out that there’s no follow up on cases nor is there any punishment, it’s literally parents getting a slap on the wrist by the police and done which is why Child Abuse rates are high, and the rates in general aren’t even a full picture on everything cause those results are probably based on a quarter of the actual amount…”

They hummed watching you collect all your stuff before running back in the room, the doorbell ringing, Irene getting up to answer it as everyone grew confused, knowing there was no one invited to the house today, “Hello?” Her brows furrowed at the men dressed in suits, turning back comically at the girls with her eyes wide, “Is Miss kim here?” “Yerim?” “Our apologies, we’re here for Kim Y/N.”

You slid into view, eyes wide before bowing to them, “Sorry just give me a second!” They nodded, turning around as Irene quickly made her way back to the table.

“Why are there strange men in suits at our door! Did you do something illegal! I swear to god Y/N we don’t say anything about your investments but if you’re going to jail we can’t really have a comeback!” You rolled your eyes, grabbing your briefcase, “The president sent them to pick me up, I can’t really just drive and enter the blue house now can I?”

You gave all of them kisses on their cheeks before bidding them bye, leaving them in shock, “She-”  “That girl-” None of them being able to finish their sentences as they tried to wrap their heads around the situation.

“At this point I just think whatever she does is a fever dream….” They nodded at Yeri’s words, Irene sitting down again before they began finishing their food in silence, still not over the odd event that took place in a matter of seconds.

.

.

.

You sat quietly, chewing on your stained lip as your eyes scanned over different documents you had printed out, new proposals, figuring out a way to bring this up to the president of your country.

You took in a shaky breath, taking off your glasses before scratching the bridge of your nose with your knuckle, hands slightly shaky before clearing your throat, “Are you ok Miss Kim?”

Your eyes widened, turning to one of the, what you were guessing, security guards, sending the best smile possible but still coming out nervous, “Yep… all good…” He sent a soft smile, taking off his sunglasses, “We’ll have a few minutes left before we reach so we’ll end up early…”

You hummed, falling into thought for a second, “Have you two ate?” They quirked their brows at you, sharing a look before signaling a no at you, “Make a right here.”

.

.

.

The three of you sat in the car, stuffing your face with burgers, “What are your names?” “Dong-hoon and this is Yungsan…” You nodded with a smile, wiping your hand before offering it to the both of them, gaining a handshake in return.

You sighed in satisfaction, leaning back after finishing your burgers, “Are you allowed to be eating this?” You quirked a brow, smile hiding behind a tissue as you cleaned your face up, “I’m an idol so what do you think?”

They nodded their heads, holding their hands up in defense, “Touché…” Yungsan looked at his watch, cleaning himself up quickly before setting the car back into drive, “So how’s it like being an idol?”

You shrugged your shoulders at Dong-hoon, humming for a second, “I mean if it wasn’t obvious enough, pretty depressing.” They grew quiet, while you let out a giggle, “It’s ok, that was meant to be a joke.” He rubbed his neck sheepishly, letting out a little cough, “How… how are you after that whole… you know?”

You chuckled, letting out a sigh, “You don’t have to be awkward about it, I know what happened, you know what happened, there’s no reason to be beating around the bush.” They let out hums, Yungsan clearing his throat, “Well… what’s it like now?”

“I mean, I haven’t been able to talk to my fans which … I don’t know, I guess I just miss them mainly, I used to do weekly lives and give them hugs and advice and stuff and now… going from that to nothing is a bit of an adjustment… I just wanna make sure they’re all ok…”

Silence fell upon the three of you, Yungsan continuing to drive while you peered out the window, Dong-hoon staring in front before he broke the silence again, “Miss Kim you’re a good person…”

You quirked a brow at them, letting out a little chuckle before your lip curved up, “Are you saying that because I bought the two of you food?”

They both smiled, Dong-hoon shaking his head at you, “Most of the time, when Yungsan and I do pick ups they’re normally for politicians or the president’s personal guests…” You hummed as a sign for him t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter