Chapter 8

Empty Hearts│K.T.H

 

BTS #Jungkook #Kookie #Jk #beach | Bts jungkook, Jungkook, Bts ...

***

"Hell is alive in the

hearts of empty love"

***

 

"Are you both having fun there, darling?"

 

"Of course, mom"

 

If Sooha is an actress, she would now win an Oscars. Lying has been her expertise ever since she was born. It was early in the morning when her mom called in, and Sooha wasn't naive to think that her mom just called to check on them. She knew that her mom must be watching them in Bali, with of course people she hired.

 

Sooha has always been on watch, that's why she doesn't even know how to feel being free. At first, she thought it was normal, but as she grew up and entered high school she started to feel uncomfortable with her mom always calling and visiting her in the US. Questioning her marks when she didn't get the highest, and always reminding her that friends can wait later, but studies can't. That's why she never had permanent friends throughout her life, and somehow, she managed to accept her faith and learned to always trust no one except herself.

 

"You are lucky to have Taehyung, Sooha. At first, I was reluctant to agree with your dad, but as soon as I met him, I knew he was the right man for you."

 

Sooha noticed Taehyung walking towards her. She mouthed her mom and he immediately gave a sign to her.

 

"Mom, Taehyung's here. He wants to talk to you,"

 

"Oh! Alright," Sooha passed the phone to him.

 

"Hello, mother. How are you?" Taehyung said with a smile.

 

It amazed her how Taehyung can immediately change his mood, but she can relate to this too. Faking emotions is a must when it comes to business, to appease your business partners.

 

She looked at the front and stared at the sea view. She let the cold breeze envelope her and didn't even pay attention to her mom and Taehyung anymore. Soon, Taehyung gave back the phone to her. 

"She wants pictures."

 

Sooha glanced at Taehyung who looked uncomfortable. "Then, let's take one now" Sooha held the camera and motioned for him to come closer at her.

 

Taehyung sighed in defeat and walked towards her. He placed his hand over her shoulder and smiled.

 

Click

 

 

 

 

 

"What are you doing there, man?"

 

"Having a break, what else?" Jungkook rolled his eyes to the person on the other line.

 

"Do you expect me to believe that?" the other person said sarcastically.

 

"Yeah," Jungkook said in a bored tone.

 

The person on the other line laughed. "Alright. I'll believe you even though I don't."

 

"Sometimes, I wonder why I am friends with you," Jungkook said in an annoyed voice.

 

"Well, I am the only one who can withstand your bull."

 

"Ugh! I'll hang up. I will see you when I get back"

 

"Alright. Enjoy your vacation, Jungkook" and before Jungkook could reply, the person hung up the phone. He threw his phone over the bed and went straight to the bathroom.

 

 

 

 

 

Sooha roamed the city and took down some notes on her phone. she visited lots of businesses on the area and managed to get some ideas for her hotel. She is enjoying it so much that she didn't realize that Jungkook was watching her from afar.

 

"Why do you look so happy?" Sooha got startled, which made Jungkook chuckled.

 

"Hey," Sooha said.

 

"Are you alone again?" Jungkook asked and looked around.

 

"He's on a phone meeting right now," Sooha said, but Jungkook looks unconvinced.

 

"You are on your honeymoon, but he's always busy."

 

"It's fine with me, he will join me later," Sooha said but mentally hoping that Jungkook will believe her.

 

Jungkook watched her for a second and smirked. "Ok. But what are you doing?"

 

"Oh, it's nothing," Sooha said and put her phone on her bag. She doesn't want him to know that she is looking for ideas for her hotel.

 

"This will be my second time asking you, but do you want to join me and walk around this area? I feel lonely." Jungkook said almost pouting, and Sooha was surprise and was about to refuse, but she suddenly thought of her plan.

 

"Alright," she said, and Jungkook smiled in victory. They started walking together.

 

"So, how's married life?" Jungkook glanced at Sooha watching her reaction.

 

"We are doing great,"

 

"I'm curious though. How did you guys meet?"

 

Sooha was taken back for a second before answering his question. "We were both introduced by our parents."

 

"Ah, so it is an arranged marriage"

 

Sooha immediately interrupted him. "No. We dated and we got along, so it's not an arranged marriage."

 

Jungkook smiled a bit. "That's good. Mostly it's always arranged marriage."

 

"Yeah, we are lucky," Sooha muttered. "How about you? Do your parents want you to arrange your marriage with someone?"

 

"No. They actually don't care who I marry." Jungkook said casually.

 

Sooha was surprised by what Jungkook said. She didn't know that there are still parents just like his. She felt envious at him all of a sudden and wanted to tell him how lucky he is, but she decided to keep quiet.

 

"Anyway, I heard that your parents gave you the Daisy hotel. You are lucky!"

 

Sooha's face instantly turned into a frown, but she immediately tried to put on a smile. "I'm just blessed, and besides it is my duty to help my parent's businesses."

 

"Then, they are lucky to have you as their daughter. You are so nice, and also smart."

 

"Thank You,"

 

"Oh! And pretty too."

 

Sooha's eyes widened and shocked by the man's compliment. She suddenly remembers the day when they first met, at the convention. He also complimented her and weirdly enough, her heart skips once again.

 

"T-thank you, I guess." Sooha avoided Jungkook's gaze and looked the other way. This made Jungkook chuckle.

 

They both talked for a long time that they didn't even realize the time. They both ended their tour when they reached the hotel.

 

"I had a lot of fun today, Ms. Sooha. To be honest, this is probably the best part of my vacation." Sooha raised her eyebrows and Jungkook realized what he just said.

 

"I-I mean, I'm usually alone, so yeah," Jungkook scratched the back of his neck, feeling awkward.

 

"It was nice talking to you too, Mr. Jeon."

 

Jungkook shook his head and smiled. "Didn't I tell you to call me Jungkook instead?"

 

"I'm sorry, but I feel like it's not right to call you by your first name yet."

 

"Why? Are we not friends yet?" Jungkook frowned and Sooha panicked thinking that she made a mistake.

 

"I-I mean-"

 

Jungkook laughed loudly, "I'm just teasing you. Don't worry, I understand, but I hope that we can be friends. I don't want everyone to think that we are rivals, I don't like it at all."

 

Sooha looked at him in surprise, as this is a big opportunity for her to get close to him. She smiled and said, "Of course, we can be friends."

 

"Anyway before you go" Jungkook handed her a small paper bag. "Take this. I was looking for a chance to give this to you, but we were so immersed in talking."

 

Sooha hesitantly took the bag. "What's this?"

 

"Don't get me wrong, but just think of that as a wedding gift," Jungkook said. "I better get going now" he bid farewell and left.

 

Sooha looked at him dumbfounded. She stared at the paper bag that she's holding and opened it. It was a small box. She opened the box, and her eyes widened.

 

It was the music box that she was staring at yesterday.