Chapter 6

Empty Hearts│K.T.H

 

***

Change has to come,

For life to struggle forward

***

 

Sooha looked out at the airplane window. She tried so hard to ignore Taehyung who was sitting next to her. They couldn't sit far from each other as they knew that people might talk about it. She was taken back when Taehyung suddenly rested his head on her shoulder. She quickly looked at him but his eyes were closed.

 

"They are looking at us," he whispered. Sooha glanced a bit in front of her and saw some flight attendants glancing at them. She sighed and slightly patted his head. She could hear them cooing at them but she ignored it.

 

 

 

 

Alila Seminyak , Seminyak, Indonesia | Emirates Holidays

 

"There's only one bed...."

 

"Well, this is a honeymoon suite" Taehyung walked past her and started organizing his suitcase.

 

"I'll take the bed," Sooha said and threw her bag on the bed, before walking towards the balcony. 

 

She breathed and let the fresh air breeze at her. It was her first time in Bali, and she is already planning to tour the area hoping she could get more ideas for her hotel. Meanwhile, Taehyung walked and stood next to her while admiring the view and spoke.

 

"Just so you know, I am taking the bed."

 

Sooha immediately looked at him. "Are you crazy? I am taking the bed. Be a gentleman for once" she rolled her eyes and was about to walk away when Taehyung tugged her arm.

 

"We could share if you want," he smirked.

 

"I will book another room!"

 

"Then what? Employees will talk behind our backs and our parents will find out too. Don't be stupid." he said and walked away. Taehyung went towards the bed and organized it by putting tons of pillows in between. Sooha came closer and watched him.

 

"Do you really think that will work? Just sleep on the couch!"

 

"There's no way I am sleeping there for three days," Taehyung glared at her and placed the last pillow on the bed. Sooha gritted her teeth and threw a pillow at him, and left the room.

 

 

 

 

Sooha left the hotel and decided to take a stroll. She walked around the area until she reached the flea market and it sparked her interest. She went closer and saw a lot of vendors who are selling different stuff. She wandered the place until she heard a faint sound.

 

As if she was hypnotized, she started walking, looking around to find where that sound was coming from. She kept walking until she reached an antique shop, and there, she saw a small wooden music box in the window.

 

 

 

 

 

Antique Wood Music Box - Musical Dream Box   

 

 

It doesn't suit her.

 

That was the first thing that came to her mind as soon as she saw the box, but something from it made her drawn into it. The sound it's playing was sad but somehow, it soothed her. She stared at the music box for a long time as if she was alone in that place.

 

"Why do you keep staring at that thing?" Sooha was startled by the sudden voice. She turned around and saw Jungkook.

 

"I didn't know that you are also here,"

 

"Oh, well, I am taking a short vacation. How about you?" Jungkook stared at her.

 

"I'm with Taehyung," she muttered.

 

"Oh! Right. Congratulations Ms. Sooha. I was surprised when I found out that you got married." he smiled at her.

 

"Thank You."

 

"But where's your husband? I don't see him anywhere" Jungkook looked at the surroundings trying to find Taehyung.

 

"He is resting at the moment, but he will come later. Anyways, I better get going," Sooha said and bid farewell but Jungkook held her wrist to stop her.

 

"Well, if he is not here, then may I accompany you? I am quite bored so I don't mind having a friend with me right now"

 

"No, Thanks. Someone may have misunderstood if they both saw us together."

 

Sooha left Jungkook alone and he just watched her walk away. He put his hands in his pocket then looked back at the music box that Sooha was staring at.

 

 

 

 

If Taehyung can just return back to his home, he would, but he knew that his parents will pester him so much. He doesn't want to stay at this place any longer and would prefer to work in his office.

 

He is irritated and would like to curse whoever invented the 'Honeymoon.'

 

He sighed and walked towards the museum. He doesn't like going somewhere with huge crowds and prefers somewhere quiet, and that's how he started going to museums to calm his mind and later on, it became his hobby to visit and no one knows about it except him.

 

After a while of walking around the museum, he ended up stopping at one painting.

 

Arnolfini Portrait by Jan Van Eyck

 

He stared at the painting as he was lost in his own thoughts. He is aware that his marriage is not a joke, and even though it is just a sign of a business deal, he can't help but wonder how he ended up getting married for the sake of his company. Being married is not on his priority list, and will never be, but the thought of him as a married man makes him uneasy. He knows that they will remain in the public eye for a long time.

 

Another thing he worries about is his parents. He knows that his parents, especially his mother, will soon start a conversation about having an heir and he is not yet prepared to answer it. He already felt bad for lying to his parents about his relationship with Sooha, but he didn't have a choice. He is the only one left in his family and his father is expecting so much on him.

 

Taehyung shook his head and tried to clear his mind. He glanced on his wrist clock then pulled out his phone from his pocket.

 

"Meet me at the restaurant in 30 minutes"