Fourteen

Military Love

As I promised, today I'll post another chapter because there was this issue last week.

Please enjoy the second last chapter of 'Military Love'

 

 

_______

After some weeks, finally, the three boys meet for a little party. Taemin wanted to do a dinner at his place and prepare everything. He go Grocery shopping, bought some wine and even soju. Since they could meet all again, he wants it to be as perfect as it can be. Of course it won't be perfect without Minho but it still would be a good evening. Spending time with his friends would be good. He was excited about it.

Taemin was about to prepare the first things, as his doorbell rings. He rushed there and opened it with a huge smile. His two best friends stand in front of his apartment. They smiled too. "Hyung!" Taemin greeted both of them. "Good to see you again." he said. The two older boys know for sure Taemin missed them, even if they are both out from the military now and could spend more time with each other, but they missed him too. It feels like ages since they just sit together, eat some delicious food and drink a glass of wine or soju. "Sit down please. Do you want something to drink?" Taemin asked. "No, it's okay." the leader said. "Can I have a cup of water? My mouth felt so dry since I started to drive to your place." "Sure." Taemin smiled and handed his Hyung a cup of water. "I hope it will help you." 

 

After a little chat they start cooking and to Keys surprise, everyone helped and did their job with concentration. Taemin was cutting the meat, Onew was washing the rice and Key did prepare the vegetables and salad. Key was proud of the Maknae who got better at cooking. It took awhile for them to actually start cooking but when they did, all enjoyed it. Even Key who said he never would cook again with s. When Taemin made the ramen and key tasted the brew, his eyes got big. It feels like something exploded in his mouth. This was different from what he was expecting. "Yah Taemin-ah. Since when did you practice cooking ramen?" he asked. "For almost one year now. Why did you ask? Is something wrong with it?" "Hyung, taste this." Key told the leader. Onew tasted too and also got big eyes. "Taemin made this?" Key nodded. Taemin thought something was wrong with his Ramen and he felt sad that his hyungs didn't like it. Also Key didn't answer his question. "This is good." the leader said. "Really?" Onew nod yes. "It's really good." "You improved really fast." Taemin smiled. He was proud of himself, that his hyungs started to like his cooking. 

He remembered the time when they refused to let the maknae cook, because of his terrible cooking skills. Now, 10 years later, it changed. Taemin got better. Key was proud too. He still knows exactly how bad Taemin's ramen tasted. It was one of the worst dishes he ever ate. As Hyung and friend he still was trying to eat and enjoy it but it was impossible and they told him. Key's heart broke at the sad face from the Maknae but they have to be honest with him. Now Key was proud of the Maknae. Not only his cooking got much betzrr3, also about how hard he worked during the past 2 years without his hyungs. 

"You have our pictures on your fridge?" the Leader suddenly asked. "Huh?" Taemin asked. "The pictures from our enlistment. You put them on your fridge?" Taemin Maknae nodded. "Yes. I like them and every morning, when I prepare my breakfast I look at them. I felt less lonely when I was looking at them." he explained. "It's sad to see how we left one by one and only Taemin was there to send Minho off." Key said. "To be honest I really felt like something is missing when you all were leaving for your military service." Suddenly Taemin got sad. "Ah but now we are back and soon Minho will be here too. Then we will go to eat out together and have some time." Taemin's face lit a little bit up when he heard Minho's Name. "I know,you miss him Taemin-ah. We miss him too. Soon he will be here with us again." Taemin nodd. "Yeah. It will be only weeks." Some minutes later they start to eat. "Woah it's very delicious." The Leader agreed. "It really is." All three of them enjoy the dishes they made. For the first time since two years Taemin had fun. Fun about spending time with his Hyungs, with his friends, with his second family. 

Taemin lay back, after they finished. "I am full." "That was good." "I guess I never felt that full after eating." They do the dishes after this and enjoy the early night with a good Movie, snacks, wine and Soju. "We totally have to do this with Minho in the future." Key said. "We totally have to. Minho has a great taste in Movies." Taemin added to his Hyung. 

 

After the little party they said goodbye to each other. "It was really nice to spend time with you and eat some delicious self made food." Taemin said. "Yeah, that's true." Key answered the Maknae. Onew agreed. "Will we see each other on Minho-Hyungs discharge on sunday to welcome him?" The two older boys nod yes. "Okay, then we will see each other there." The boys say goodbye to each other and Taemin was left alone again. He cleaned up a little bit and took care of the snacks, as he heard the peeping sound of his digital door-lock and how his door got open. He thought Onew or Key forgot something. They know the passwords of each other. They exchange them with each other, just in case something would happen. Taemin's entrance area could not have been seen from the living room, because it was around the corner. "Yah Hyung! Did you forget something?" he asked without paying attention that someone took off his shoes. Only seconds later a tall person entered his open living room and put a huge travel bag, which you could also use as a backpack, on the ground and stayed straight. out of sheer shock, Taemin sighed dropping the glass he had in his hand.

"H-Hyung?"