Three

Military Love

The next week Taemin finally could talk to Rino. "Hey Taemin. Good to see you! How are you?" "I am okay. How are you?" Taemin ask politely. "I am fine, thank you for asking but you want to talk to me?" Taemin nod yes. "Okay. What's the matter?" Taemin look around. "Can we talk in a quiet place?" Rino look a bit confused but agreed. After they found an empty practice room Taemin still didn't really talk to one of his best friends. "What did you want to talk about?" Rino ask again. "Sometimes i have a feeling." "A feeling? What's this feeling?" Taemin shrugged with his shoulders. "I-I don't know. Is a little bit similar with the feeling of missing someone but at the same time is very different. I never feel this before." Rino thought about what Taemin told her. "Okay, when did you first feel it?" "On Minho-hyungs enlistment day but only one second." Rino nod for understanding. "And when did you feel it again?" "Sometimes i feel it complete randomly when i think about the time before the members go to the army and sometimes i feel it when i talk or think about one specific Person." Taemin explained. "When you think about a specific Person?" Taemin nod yes. "I never feel something like this. I don't know how to react to this." He sounds worried. "Okay, first of all. You don't have to worry. Second, who is this person? Do I know her?" Taemin thought about it. Should he really tell Rino the name? But if he don't do it for what did he want to meet her? "Yes, you know him." "Pardon? Him?" "It's Minho-hyung." Now Taemin feel lighter. It's like a heavy Stone in him broke into million pieces. "Minho?" Rino smiled. "I don't know what to do!" he whined and let himself fall back on the sofa. "Taemin! Calm down.", Rino told him smiling. "Do you like the feeling?" The boy look at his best friend. "I think so. I feel good when i feel it." "Okay. Did you tell Minho about it?" Taemin shooke his head. "No. And i don't told him that i dream about him." Taemin say. "You dream about him too?!" Taemin nod yes. "I dream often about him or the others so i never think about it but now with this feeling i guess it's different." Rino don't say a word and so did Taemin. It was silent for some seconds. "When you feel this feeling. Is there a tingling in the stomach like butterflies flying around?" Taemin think about the feeling. "Yeah.. I feel something in my stomach." "Do you ever think about the feeling of love?" "Love?" Rino nod yes. "No. Why? What does love to do with this?" "You are indeed innocent, Taemin. Just think about it. I have to go now. It was great to see you!" "Yes." They say goodbye to each other an part their ways. Taemin practice some choreography and after a long day he was happy to go home. He think about what Rino told him. Love. Taemin never think about it. Of course he love his brother and parents but loving someone else who is not part of his family? In a romantic way? Did he fall in Love with Minho?

 

Taemin thought a lot about Rino's Words. The more he thought about it and add all the other details to it, it kinda makes 'klick' in his head and just at this moment Minho did a surprise call to his younger friend. Taemin smiled hugely when he read the older boys Name on his display. He pick up. "Hello Hyung." "Hey Taemin! Good to hear from you. How are you?" "I am good. I finished my Japan tour and start practicing for the SMTown Concert in two days." Taemin informs his best friend. "Good to hear that you are fine. You may know that I participate in this Movie called Jangsari." Minho informed Taemin. Taemin nod yes even Minho couldn't see it. "Yes. I read about it and you tell me earlier that you are part of the Movie." "Yeah, actually I call because next week is the primer and I can invite someone." Taemin grinned. "I want you to come. I talk to Manager Hyung and he told me that you have time so I invite you. You should get your Ticket tomorrow." Both of them didn't say a word for some seconds. Taemin just smiled and Minho did too. "Yah Taemin-ah?" "Yes Hyung?" "I can't wait to see you at this event." Taemin again smiled a lot. "Yeah. Me too." Taemin almost whispered. "Okay. I have to go now. See you next week and good luck for your SMTown Concert Stage." "Thank you. See you soon." They both say goodbye and Minho ends the call. 

Taemin let himself fall on the Sofa and smiling. He was happy to see his hyung again. Not only happy to see his hyung but also he realized it. He finally realized that certain feeling he gets when he talks about or with him, he realized why he is so happy to talk to him, why he is happy to dream about him. He realized it all and Taemin loved the feeling to love someone. He did not realize in the first place that he was 'gay' right now but he notices something else. Taemin thought every time 'one time he would meet the girl of his life', but he put his work first and never search for someone. He was busy with his work and never thought about start dating yet. With this, he notices that he never was romantically interested in girls. He was interested in men and never realized it until now. Of course he liked Minho a lot since the beginning of SHINee, but he never thought of being gay especially when he never was in a relationship before and never know how love felt. 

 

But after the happy feeling of realizing being in love with Minho, a bad feeling hit his body. He was gay in a country that doesn't really support homoual people plus he is an Idol, a role model. 

Homouality is legal in South Korea, but they are not allowed to marry or to be in other forms of partnership. 

Taemin sighed. He felt good to know that he finally understands his feelings and actions but at the same time he was sad. But in the end, he felt more happier to know that he is in love with Minho.