Ch. 7

Saints
Please log in to read the full chapter

5 YEARS AGO

 

I slowly opened my eyes, loud beeping coming from the monitor beside me. I tried to cough but groaned at the shooting pain through my chest. "Nari. You're awake."

 

I looked over, Jungkooks blurry shape clearing as he got closer. "Wh-what happened?" I asked.

 

"Sh sh. Don't talk, give it some time. Minhyun shot you." He answered quietly. "You've been out cold for a few days." He explained to me. "I need to let the doctor know you woke up. I'll be right back."

 

As Jungkook got up and left the room, I closed my eyes again, it took so much energy to keep them open. 

 

What felt like only seconds later, the doctor came in and woke me up. "It's nice to see you awake." He said.

 

I opened my eyes expecting to see Yoongi like I have my last couple trips to the hospital, but it wasn't. It was some older man, I felt a small wave of sadness wash over me. "How bad is it?" I asked, taking a small breath in between each word.

 

"Well." He wrapped his stethoscope back around his neck. "You were extremely lucky, the bullet just barely missed your heart. And your baby is safe." 

 

My eyes rounded, the monitor started beeping rapidly. "W-what?" I asked.

 

"You're almost two months pregnant. You didn't know?" He asked.

 

"No. I didn't." I glanced at Jungkook out of the corner of my eye. His body had gone completely stiff.

 

"Well. Congratulations. Now, you'll have to stay here for a few more days so we can keep an eye on you to make sure you're healing properly." He explained. "Is there something I can get for you? Anything to eat? Pain?"

 

I slowly nodded. "A little of both." I answered. He gave me a nod and headed for the door. I looked over at Jungkook. "Where is Taehyung?" I asked him.

 

He stayed quiet for a few minutes, making me nervous. Did something happen to Taehyung? Did Minhyun actually get to him? Jungkook cleared his throat. "Taehyung is in prison. For life, so is Minhyun and their Father." 

 

I felt my blood run cold. I know the deal Jungkook and I had, but actually knowing that Taehyung had really been arrested. "What about Jimin and Seokjin?"

 

Jungkook shook his head. "They didn't get arrested because they couldn't be tied to anything, but they do know the truth, so it would be safest if you never tried to reach out to them." He explained.

 

I looked away from him, trying to hold back the urge to cry. I should have expected this, I knew it would happen. So why did it hurt so much to know I would never see any of them again. "Could you uh. Give me a moment alone please?" I asked, forcing my voice to stay even.



 

NOW

 

I held the door open for Taehyung to walk inside, his eyes scanning what he could see of the house. "Sorry for the mess, I haven't had a day off to clean yet this week." I explained suddenly feeling embarrassed at the complete disarray of the house.

 

He shook his head and gave me a s

Please log in to read the full chapter