Ch. 17

Saints
Please log in to read the full chapter

"It's nice to see you back Ms. Choi." Mr. Park greeted, stopping by my desk before going into his office. "I was afraid I would really have to replace you. I assume everything worked out?" He asked.

 

I nodded my head. "Yes sir, everything is fine. Here's your schedule for the day." I said, handing him a sheet of paper full of different meetings he had for the day.

 

"Good to hear. Let's have lunch later, okay?" He asked, looking over his schedule. "Noon is open."

 

I gave him another nod. "Okay, I will get us a spot at your favorite place." I replied.

 

He didn't answer and walked inside his office, his attention still on the paper in front of him.

 

I turned back to my computer screen, trying to finish transferring data from the other teams into the system.

 

"Hey, Nari. This was left for you downstairs."  One of the new female interns that I hadn't learned her name yet said, handing me a brown envelope that was sealed shut.

 

"Uh. Thanks." I said with a smile, taking it from her, waiting until she walked away before I opened it to look at the contents.

 

I pulled out photos, some were recent, others from five years ago, all of either Seunghyun or me. The last thing inside the envelope was a note with the words 'I'LL SEE YOU SOON… KITTEN' written in thick, bold, black writing.

 

The pictures and note fell from my hands, my eyes growing wide, my blood growing cold. The only person that ever called me by that name was Minhyun. I stared down at the pictures scattered across my desk. "Nari!" 

 

I jerked my head up. My heart pounding against my ribcage, black spots invading my vision. Mr. Park was standing in front of my desk with his arms crossed over his chest and his brows furrowed. "I-I'm sorry sir. What did you need?" I asked, trying to keep my voice from shaking. My hands covering up the pictures.

 

"You don't look so good. Are you feeling okay?" He asked me. "I've been standing here for the past several minutes and you seem to be getting paler by the second." He said. His eyes dropping to my hands. "What is that?" He asked, pointing.

 

"Uh. Nothing." I said, trying to get them all straightened out so I could hide them. "I am actually not feeling too well. I think I'll have to pass on lunch today." I replied.

 

He frowned. "That's too bad. Why don't you go ahead and leave early

Please log in to read the full chapter