Ch. 8

Saints
Please log in to read the full chapter

JUNGKOOK POV

 

I hadn't heard from Nari in over a week, she had ignored every one of my calls, I doubted she even listened to the voicemails I left. I know she was upset with me, she had every right to be, I lied to her about something really big. If the roles were reversed I would probably be just as angry.

 

But since she wouldn't answer my calls. I would just have to show up at her house and make her listen to my side of the story.

 

The light in the kitchen was still on so she hadn't gone to bed yet, I don't think she had to go to her other job either. 

 

I pushed open the gate and walked up the sidewalk to the front door. But before I could knock on the door I saw Taehyung through the window, he was in the living room, looking at the pictures of Nari and Seunghyun.

 

The muscles in my jaw tightened, why was he here? I pushed open the door, Taehyung quickly turning around to stare me dead in the eye. "Its you." He said, walking toward me.

 

I stayed still as he approached me. "I could say the same to you… Why are you here?" I asked.

 

He lifted a shoulder, taking another step so I would step out further onto the porch and he could close the door. "Nari invited me. Plus, I thought after five years, I should meet my son, no thanks to you. How dare you, I trusted you and you lied to me. You knew how I felt about her and you ruined it."

 

"No. I did my job, big difference." I replied flatly. "You were and still are a criminal."

 

He stepped closer, his face inches from mine as his cold dark eyes narrowed into slits. "Then that must make you a dirty cop then huh? Since you let a criminal go an all." 

 

I pushed him back, he stumbled but regained his composure almost instantly. Anger flashed across his face. "You think I'm stupid? I knew you would get out either way, the situation that went down, you didn't and wouldn't have looked guilty especially with the lawyers you have. I at least made a deal with you. It worked for a while didn't it?" I said with a grin.

 

I saw his hands ball into fists. "You kept me from my son for five years because of this? You're really that much of a selfish prick? Were you really that scared that Nari would have chosen me over you?" He asked, laughing. "You thought if you kept us

Please log in to read the full chapter