Ch. 24

Saints
Please log in to read the full chapter

JIMIN


 

Nari called me, she told me with fear in her voice that she didn't think she was safe and that she found another note but didn't say what it was.

 

I rushed out of the hotel room I had booked just for a reason like this, down the hallway past people looked at me as if I was crazy. I take the stairs instead of waiting for an elevator. I feel like my feet could move faster. 

 

My lungs scream for me to take a break when I reach outside, I wasn't used to running like this and apparently my body didn't like it either. But despite it all, I couldn't stop, wouldn't stop until I reached Nari.

 

After what feels like a lifetime, I reach the hotel her and her co-workers are staying at. I ignore the woman at the reception desk, I didn't need her, I knew which room she was in, I ignore the people I assumed she worked with inside the side room that I was guessing, a small bar.

 

I make it to room 5 and knock on the door, my hand grabbing a hold of the doorknob and twisting. Locked. "Nari!." I knocked again. "It's Jimin."

 

No answer. I knock again, this time knocking louder, I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and pushed the call back number listening as it rang, I could hear her ringtone from her phone on the other side of the door.  "Nari. Open the door!" No answer on either end. . I was gonna have to bust the damn thing open. 

 

I took a step back, picked up my foot and kicked toward the doorknob with my heel to break the lock loose, or break it from the frame itself. Whichever came first. I kicked it again and again until it opened. 

 

I pushed my way through the door, Nari was on the ground, blood was everywhere. "Nari." I called out to her weakly, a sickening feeling coming over me as I slowly stepped closer to her, my feet felt like cement, my stomach full of lead. 

 

I dropped to my knees, the white laced shirt I had helped pick out, had blood stains all over it, I looked closer at her, she didn't seem to be cut or shot anywhere. I looked at her face, hand prints around . 

 

I picked up her limp wrist and felt for her pulse on her creamy white skin. There was a beating, it was faint. I let out a cry of relief, my face felt wet, I must have been crying and didn't even realize it. "Hey." I said softly, moving  so her head was on my lap. "Nari wake up." I moved the hair off her face.

 

Soon, but not soon enough, her eyes fluttered open, she gazed right up at me. "Jimin?" She asked weakly.

 

"Yeah it's me. Thank God you're okay. I was terrified." I told her, relief flooded over me.

<
Please log in to read the full chapter