Ch. 23

Saints
Please log in to read the full chapter

JUNGKOOK


 

"Were you able to figure anything out for me?" I asked Hoseok when he finally entered the restaurant we were supposed to meet at.

 

He pulled the chair out from underneath the table and sat down. "Not really. They wouldn't let me inside either. Lee told me that Kim Minhyun was in fact in his cell and hasn't came out since the arrest." He answered as he looked over the menu.

 

I pinched the bridge of my nose feeling the dull ache of a headache begin. If Minhyun has been in prison, then who was the one that sent Nari those photos? He was the only one to call her 'Kitten' she said. "Damn." I cursed. "If only I could get in there and talk to him myself."

 

He nodded. "I don't know everything that happened but from what you told me, something doesn't add up." He replied, his forehead wrinkled as he concentrated. "The Kim family has a large fortune, correct?" He stated rather than asked.

 

"Yeah." I agreed. "After everything went down, their Hotel business didn't seem to suffer at all. Even with Taehyung going to jail for an entire year." 

 

Hoseok shook his head in disbelief. "Dude. Haven't you learned by now? People with that kind of money get away with pretty much anything. We're lucky we got Minhyun and the old bastard. Hell even Taehyung, year or not. Those types of people rarely stay in prison." He finished just as the pretty blonde waitress walked over to the table.

 

Her cheeks flushing under the gaze of Hoseok and I. "What can I get for you gentlemen ?" She asked, notepad and pen in hand. 

 

"Coffee, black for me." I told her, I was trying to stay away from alcohol ever since the incident with Mari. My heart ached at the thought of that night. I had to squeeze my eyes shut and take a few steady breaths to regain control.

 

"How are you doing?" Hoseok asked me, his tone serious. I could feel his eyes burning holes into me.

 

I opened my eyes and looked at him, putting on my best smile. "Yeah. I'm fine." I told him, hoping he would be convinced. 

 

"Bull Jungkook. I know you better than I know myself. "Nari hurt you bad, didn't she ?"

 

"Yes.. No. A little of both but more on my end. I did some pretty ed up to her. I hurt her more than anyone possibly could." I never really told him the whole story of what happened. I was too ashamed of myself. Maybe one day I could but today wasn't it.

 

Hoseok let out a long sigh. "I get it man, but she came around it seems."

 

I couldn't help the chuckle that forced its way out.. "Yeah. Because she needs me… Seunghyun and Nari are both in danger. Hell, I might be in danger." I said. If he was going to help me out, he might as well know the whole story now. "Whoever it is, is threatening her. She came to my house a few nights ago. You should have seen the look in her eyes Hoseok, it was like staring into two black soulless pits, I'm not gonna lie, she scared the out of me. She definitely had a gun, though she didn't pull it out on me, if I didn't help her I'm sure she would have." I paused. "She is completely terrified, she thought it may be Minhyun, but if they are saying he is still there then it could really be anybody. He could be pulling strings from the inside."

 

Hoseok chewed on his lip, taking everything I just told him in. "What if we try to pull his visitation and call records and see if something sticks out. Or." His eyes quickly darted around the room, making sure no one was listening. "What if, it's not really him inside that cell but someone else?" He suggested. "There are dirty cops everywhere, what if one or more got paid off and switched Minhyun with someone else?"

 

I stared at him wide eyed. He had a point. Why didn't I think of that? "I need to leave. I need to go see someone." I told him, standing up so quick I nearly knocked my chair over. I pulled out a couple bills and dropped them on the table. "Thank you Hoseok. I'll give you a call later." I practically ran out of the restaurant. 




 

NARI

 

Once I was

Please log in to read the full chapter