2. Once Again Towards You

On Track

They've registered and of course, Minju and Chaewon agreed with it without any doubt. Now Wonyoung and Yujin are in their classroom playing with their handphones while waiting for the class to start. Wonyoung glances at Yujin and sees her smiling widely while typing something on her phone. Yujin suddenly turns her head towards Wonyoung. 

"Hey, Wonyo. One more step, I'll never stop." she then smiles at her. 

Wonyoung turns off her phone and replies "Stop from what?"

"I'll confess to Minju unnie after the first week of training."

Wonyoung can feel her heart clenched but she just gives Yujin a pat at the back and say "Okay, but remember that if she ever breaks  your heart, my shoulder is always available for you, alright?" Yujin suddenly sits up straight and turns off her phone too before she grabs both of Wonyoung's hands. "Thank you so much for being my best friend, Wonyo~" tears suddenly fall from Wonyoung's eyes. She can't bear it anymore. Every time Yujin mentions that she's only her best friend, her chest tighten. She doesn't want to be just a friend to Yujin. "Hey, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" Her face is full of worry. The latter shed her tears and shook her head along with a weak smile. "Hey, don't hide it from me. You know you can-"

Yujin suddenly stopped speaking as their class monitor, Cho Kahyun knocks the whiteboard. "All teachers are having an urgent meeting, so there'll be study time until the class ends." And by that, all of the students inside the class soars up in excitement. Attempting to avoidYujin's question, Wonyoung immediately takes out her phone back and wears her Airpods before she puts her head on her arms, still facing Yujin. A few minutes later, she falls asleep...

 

Yujin still wonder, why does Wonyoung cry earlier? Did she do something wrong? The last bell rang, indicating that today's lesson has just ended. She shifts her gaze to Wonyoung and realized that the latter is still sleeping. Yujin thought of waking Wonyoung up but she thinks it's better to give the slightly younger one more sleep as they have nothing to do afterward. Afraid that the sleeping one will have flu, Yujin takes off her jacket and puts it on Wonyoung carefully. She then leans her head on her arm just like Wonyoung and stares at her. Yujin always stares at the younger one as her beautiful features are irresistible. Her pointed nose, her plump red lips, her puffy cheeks, her face is beyond perfect. Yujin notices that her hairs are quite messy on her face. Slowly, she pulls her hairs away and tucks it behind her ear. That's when she noticed that there are tears falling from her eyes. Yujin worries about her best friend's condition. Did her words hurt the latter? Slowly, Yujin wipes her tear with her thumb. Yujin suddenly feels my heartbeat is increasing. Yujin just shook her head to ignore it. She then grabs Wonyoung's cold hand to keeps it warm and puts it near her face before she closes her eyes, falling asleep too.

one hour later

Wonyoung opens her eyes and startled as Yujin's sleeping face is too near. She was about ti lifts her hand before she feels something loosely holding my hand. She looks at it and realized that Yujin is holding her hand. She can also feel that there is something on top of her. She grabs it and realized that it's Yujin's jacket. Her heart starts to beat fast but denial got her there. Slowly, she mumbles, "Please stop making me confused." She stares at Yujin's perfect structures on her face. 

"Confused about what?", Oh?! She's awake? Panicked, Wonyoung closes her eyes and pretending that she's still asleep. "She's dreaming...", Yujin's voice trailed off. She suddenly tightens her grip on Wonyoung's hand and brushes her thumb on Woyoung's palm softly. "Wake up, Wonyo~", she softly mumbles. Slowly, Wonyoung opens my eyes and meets Yujin's dazzling eyes. Wonyoung looks at her watch, pretending to be shocked. "Hey, why don't you wake me up?" Yujin let out a soft chuckle "I thought I want to give you a little more rest but I accidentally fall asleep too, hehe", she grins, showing her deep dimples and eye smiles that Wonyoung loves so much. "Let's go home before Yena unnie and Yuri unnie go all panic and run through the neighborhood.", She stands up and puts her bag on her right shoulder. Wonyoung grabs her jacket and throws it to Yujin in a playful manner before she lifts her bag and put hers on her left shoulder before she grabs Yujin's hand and intertwines their hands. "What is this? Why are you being all softie suddenly?", Yujin looks at Wonyoung with a teasing smirk. Wonyoung was about to let go of Yujin's hand before Yujin grabs her hand and intertwines it back. She then pulls the younger one, making Wonyoung walks beside her with Wonyoung's gaze on my own feet, flushed.

 

They're walking through the snowy sidewalk while holding hands. Wonyoung forgot that the weather is colder than usual that she didn't wear any extra layers of clothes nor scarf on her school uniform and sweater. She grits her teeth out due to the freezing weather.

"Wonyo?" Wonyoung lifts her head and meets Yujin's worried gaze. "Are you feeling cold", "Ahh, it's nothi-"

Yujin suddenly takes off her scarf and stops in front of Wonyoung. She steps forward and wraps the scarf on Wonyoung's neck. "Why don't you wear your scarf when you know you can't stand cold weather like this." She then intertwines their hands back and pulling Wonyoung again. Wonyoung can't help but stare at her own feet, feeling an unknown warmth rose into her cheeks. Yujin never failed to make her feel this way. 

 

As soon as they arrived at Yujin's house, Wonyoung takes away her hand and pats Yujin's back "See ya, tomorrow, Yujin~" and walks towards her house which is beside Yujin's house. Wonyoung can hear Yujin calling her name but she decided to just ignore it and walk inside her house, leaving Yujin dumbfounded. Soon after Wonyoung locks her door, she stumbles to the floor. She cries as she knows that after all the affection Yujin gives to her, it is not real. Yujin's heart completely belongs to Minju, no one else. It hurts so much that she needs to go through all the day enjoying the Yujin's touch but knowing that Yujin will never be hers.

Yujin on the other side thoughts that Wonyoung is mad at her. But why? She herself couldn't find a reason for Wonyoung to be mad at her. "Yudaeng, what's wrong? You look so bothered." Yujin's cousin, Yena, suddenly asks "It's Wonyoung. She didn't wave at me back today. She usually clings to me before she goes home. Did I do something wrong today?" Yena sighs and asks "Do you join the competition earlier with Minju?" Yujin gives Yena a confused look but then nods. "Why?" "Think about it yourself, dumb. It's too obvious, kid." Yena then walks into her room, going to sleep. "Yena unnie!" Yena turns around to faces Yujin. "What is it?" "Should I go check on her? She said to me earlier that her parents are going on a business trip for two months again." "Yeah, you should but I think you shouldn't ask her anything. Just stay by her side, okay?" Yujin nods and heads toward her room to take a bath and changes her clothes.

 

Wonyoung was drying her hair using a towel before the bell rings. "Who's that?" She asks herself and heads toward the door without seeing who's outside. As soon as she opens the door, she gasps as Yujin is now in front of her. "Hi, Wonyoungie~" Yujin grins cheekily, showing her dimple which successfully makes Wonyoung heart flutters. She composed herself and asks Yujin with a stern voice. "What are you doing here?" "To stay with you~" "Wait, what?! But, why?" Wonyoung somehow feels like she doesn't want Yujin to stay here. She's too tired to pretend like her heart didn't flutter when she sees Yujin. "I thought you'll be lonely tonight since your parents are not here." "It's okay, I'm used t-" "Well, can you just let me in, sis? It's freezing out here" Wonyoung just realized that it's snowing outside so without saying anything, she pulls Yujin in and locks the door. Yujin just chuckles and sits on the sofa. Wonyoung silently walks to Yujin and sits beside her. "Are you okay?" Wonyoung looks at Yujin but the latter set her eyes straight to the black screen in front of her. Slowly, Wonyoung puts her head down and shakes her head. She suddenly feels Yujin's hand on her hand. "You didn't have to tell me why,I'm here to comforts you." 'But you're the reason why I'm like this, how can you comfort me? ' Wonyoung thought to herself. She leans her back on the sofa and lets out a heavy sigh. Yujin who is feeling bothered as it is her fault [when it IS her fault after all],  carefully caressing Wonyoung's head. She puts Wonyoung's head on her shoulder and continues patting her head. Wonyoung is trying her best not to flinches at every single action Yujin did. As time goes by, she feels sleepy as Yujin's touch keeps feeling her comfortable. Slowly, she closes her eyes and drifts to the dreamland.