4. The Sky is Still Blue

On Track

~ Boy With Luv by BTS is playing~

Minju and Yujin are busy making a new choreography for them while Wonyoung and Chaewon are distributing lines for each member fairly. Chaewon looks at Wonyoung and chuckles. Wonyoung lifts her head and gives Chaewon a confused look. "You seem like you are not in a good mood today? Is there anything bad happened?" Wonyoung pouts and says "Unnie, why do you agree to join us yesterday?" "Why? You don't like me to be here?" "No, it isn't like that. It's just-" "I didn't want to leave Minju alone with your best friend." "Eh? Why?" 

"They may end up flirting with each other while you being the third wheel. I know how it feels to be one so I don't want you to experiences that too."

Chaewon gives Wonyoung a sad smile and continues her work. Wonyoung inhales deeply before letting out a heavy sigh. Chaewon lifts her head back. "Unnie, do you like Minju unnie?" Chaewon's eyes widen as she covers Wonyoung's mouth. "She might hear us, kid!" Chaewon whisper-shout. Wonyoung giggles "You're too obvious, unnie." "Well, like you are not being obvious, kiddo." Wonyoung's brow twitched at the older's comment.  "But unnie, Minju unnie says she loves Yujin as her younger sister so you don't need to worry!" Wonyoung grabs Chaewon's hands and looks at her with eyes full of determination. "But, she doesn't say that she likes me, right?" Chaewon grabs Wonyoung's hands back and gives her a weak smile. "Let's stop talking about this, we better continue our work before they end up memorized all the choreo." Chaewon then pulls her hand away and resumes her delayed works.


"DONE!" Wonyoung and Chaewon shout before giving each other a high five. Minju and Yujin look back and stop dancing before they walk toward the two. "Here, take a look." Chaewon holds out the paper to Minju. Minju's eyes immediately sparkle after reviewing it. "Woah, I'm rapping! This is the fairest line distribution ever! You've done a great job, Ssamu~" Minju ruffles her best friend's hair with a proud smile plastered on her face. "Thanks but Wonyoung did most of the part though." Yujin then does an armlock on Wonyoung before she also ruffles her best friend's hair. "You did well, Wonyo~" 

They didn't have a hard time memorizing their part as Boy With Luv is their favorite song after all. They start practicing the choreo first as Yujin and Minju have already memorized all the steps. 

Step by step, after an hour and a half, they managed to memorize all the steps. They are now resting before going back home. "Yudaeng?" Yujin hums as a response to Wonyoung. "Wanna grab some tteokbeokki on our way home?" Yujin immediately remembers that she asked Minju to hang out with her this night. "I- Wait for a minute." Yujin then stands up and walks to Minju who is currently sitting on the sofa with sleeping Chaewon on her lap. "Unnie?" Minju lifts her head and faces Yujin. "Can we hang out tomorrow? Wonyoung asked me to do some-" Before Yujin can even finish her words, Minju grabs her wrist and nods with a smile on her face. "It's okay. go spend time with Wonyoung. She is your best friend after all." Yujin smiles and mouths 'thank you' to Minju before heading back towards the nervous Wonyoung. "Let's grab some ice cream tonight!" Yujin lifts both of her fists in the air which makes Chaewon wakes up. "YAA AHNYU! You're so loud!" Chaewon hisses and continues her sleep, snuggling into Minju's stomach who is currently giggling. "Mianhae, hehe." Yujin gives Minju a naughty smile before she grabs her things and holds out her hand to Wonyoung which Wonyoung gladly accepts. Before stepping out of the room, Wonyoung turns her head back and meets her gaze with Minju. Minju just mouths 'have fun!' and gives the younger a wink which makes the latter smile.


Wonyoung and Yujin are now walking side by side through the sidewalk with a cup of tteokbeokki on their hands. The silence among them is comfortable for Wonyoung but too awkward for Yujin. She just feels troubled by Yena's words this morning. She is playing with her tteokbeokki which can't help but be noticed by Wonyoung. "Is there something wrong, Yudaeng?" Yujin snapped out from her thoughts and faces Wonyoung. Wonyoung who is confused stop walking and faces the latter too. Yujin scratch her nape before she asks "Do you somehow have something you didn't tell me?" Wonyoung is a bit flustered by Yujin's question but tries her best to calm down. "No, why?" "I don't know. Yena unnie seems like she wants to tell me something about you but at the same time don't want to. She's confusing me." 'She wants to tell you that I like you, dumb' Wonyoung thoughts before she shrugs her shoulder "I don't think so. What if you just ask her what is it? It'll be better, I guess." Yujin nods in agreement before continue walking which makes Wonyoung do so.

As soon as they reached their houses, Wonyoung tugs Yujin's sleeve "Can you come sleepover on my place again today?" Yujin smiles brightly while nodding. "Of course, I like to, who wouldn't? Let me change my clo-" "Let just use my clothes, we're the same size after all." Yujin just nods in agreement. They both walk into Wonyoung's house and go straight to Wonyoung's bedroom.  "Wait here, let me pick some clothes for you." "Can I pick it myself?" Wonyoung was about to reject but give up immediately after seeing Yujin's pleading puppy eyes. "Yeah, yeah. Let's go." They both then proceed to Wonyoung's clothes room. The excited Yujin jumps and immediately scan her favorite Wonyoung's oversized shirt. After successfully detecting it, the puppy girl didn't waste any second and immediately grabs the shirt. "You choose the same clothes again and again, Yudaeng~" "I just like this shirt so much. Look at this huge puppy face on this shirt. It's so cute isn't it?" Wonyoung just lets out a soft chuckle seeing Yujin's cute antics. 


They are now lying on the bed while watching Coco with a bowl of popcorn in between them. 

"Remember me
Though I have to say goodbye
Remember me
Don't let it make you cry"

Yujin can feel her tears are threatening to fall from her eyelids. She's trying her best to not cry in front of Wonyoung before she hears soft sobs from her side. She shifts her gaze from the screen and meets Wonyoung's face who is now full of tears. "Mwoya~ Are you crying, Wonyo?" Wonyoung's brow twitched as she hits Yujin's shoulder. She wipes all her tears which is useless as more tears are falling down from her eyes and give Yujin a glare. "How come you didn't cry? This is so sad, you know?" Yujin lets out a heartily laugh as she thinks that a frowning Wonyoung is so cute. She ruffles the crying girls' hair and wipes all the tears. "You look so ugly while crying." Yujin jokingly says which makes Wonyoung hit the girl with a pillow repeatedly. "HAHAHAHAH, I'm sorry. Stop it! HAHAHAHAHA" Yujin laughs as she defends herself from Wonyoung's pillow. Wonyoung smirks and continues hitting Yujin with a pillow before she suddenly lost her control and falls down.

 

The last thing she sees is Yujin's flustered face.