6. Look At Me

On Track

|At practice room|

Since the weather is getting colder these days, more people caught the flu, and Minju and Wonyoung are part of them. They have been coughing and sneezing for a while now, making the other two worried. Minju and Wonyoung soothe the worried girls, saying that it's a light flu. Well, Wonyoung might not lie to them but surely MInju is. Minju keeps on coughing, even during the practice. "Are you okay, Min?" "Yeah, I- Uhuks!" Chaewon immediately stands up and leaves the room, causing the three looks at each other, confused. Yujin suddenly gets an idea so she also runs out of the room. "What's going on with them?" Wonyoung just shrugs her shoulder and answers "Maybe they don't want to be infected by us" 

 

Meanwhile, Yujin is running to her class at full speed. She shoves her hand side the compartment under her table and grabs three boxes of chocolate milk that she has bought at the snack bar early in the morning. She then runs her way back to the practice room. As soon as she reaches the end of the stairs, she bumps hard to someone, causing both of them to fall. The first thing she searches for is the boxes of milk. Fortunately, the milk didn't spill. She looks at the one she bumped earlier. 

"Chaewon unnie?!" "Yujin?!" "What are you doing here?!" They both ask at the same time. their eyes slowly move to each other's hands. They gasp as they see both of them have the same milk inside their hands. 

 

 

Minju is now thankful but can't help to be confused.on which milk she should drink first. She shifts her gaze from Yujin to Chaewon repeatedly and giggles. "Why are you staring at me like that?" Yujin suddenly thought that it is awkward so she tried to take back her milk before Minju grabs it first. "I want both of it." Minju unconsciously pouts which Yujin chuckles at the older's antic and pinches her cheek which causes the older to winces in pain. 

 

Little did they know, Wonyoung and Chaewon look away from the sight, trying their best not to be hurt by their lovey-dovey actions.

 


 

Minju finishers her last line smoothly earning a series of claps from the three. She takes her eyes away from the lyrics paper and realized there are two girls staring at her intensely. She snaps her fingers in front of both of them, making them startled. "What?!" Both of them ask at the same time. "Why are you two staring at me?" Yujin gasps, trying to make an excuse. "Erm, I-" Her sentence is disturbed as Wonyoung grabs away her milk only to make the girl angry. Yujin turns around and faces the stealer. "Hey, that's mine!" Wonyoung scoffs and shoves the milk back to Yujin's hands. "It's not like you are drinking it though. All you do is staring at Minju unnie!" Wonyoung's words eventually stunned Yujin. Wonyoung stands up and stomps her feet out of the room. Minju realized that Wonyoung is upset and needs some time alone so she pulls Yujin who was about to chase the latter. "What are you going to say earlier?" Yujin avoids her gaze and scratches her nape. "N-nothing. I'll tell you later, unnie." 

 

 

Wonyoung is on her way back home with tears freely running down her face. She doesn't bother to wipes the tears away as she still feels upset with the tactless Ahn Yujin. She can hear heavy footsteps behind her, running, she assumes. Just please, not Ahn Yujin. I'm not ready to face her yet. Wonyoung mumbles before a hand grab her wrist. "J-Jang Wonyoung!" She curses internally as she recognizes the voice. It's Ahn Dense Yujin. She didn't turn around but at least she stops. "Leave me alone. Please." Wonyoung could only thank God for not stuttering or sounding like she is crying. "B-but-" "Please, Ahn Yujin. I'm begging." She tries her best to suppress her tears as she can feel Yujin slowly loosen her grip on her wrist. As soon as Yujin's hand falls from hers, she starts running as she really can't hold tears anymore. She stops at one of the dark alleys and falls to her feet. She hugs her knees and sobbing hard, allowing her emotion to controls her.

 

Yujin on the other side is contemplating whether she should go and follow Wonyoung or go back to Minju and Chaewon. That's when she gets a notification. A message from Chaewon.

Yujin now decided to go check after Wonyoung. She starts running again using the path Wonyoung have taken. After a good five minutes, she heard a scream. A very familiar scream. "LET ME GO!" Yujin eyes widen as she finally recognizes the voice. She fastens her run and heads toward the source of the voice. As she reaches the dark alley, her anger boils as she a group of weird men is touching Wonyoung.

"LET HER GO!" The men turn their heads toward Yujin and scoff. "Looks like we get another delicious meal today," One of them said, making Yujin clenches her fist in anger. "It's like buy one free one!" Another man exclaims. "Yaa! Go run away!" Wonyoung shouts causing one of them slaps her. Yujin can feel her anger will explode by anytime now. "Then what, ?! Left you with these bastards?!" She shouts causing the men angry. One of the guys stepping toward Yujin but she didn't feel scared at all. Anger is controlling her. He was about to touch her face before Yujin kicks her ball, causing him to fell to the ground, groaning in pain. "I SAID LET HER GO!" Yujin walks toward them and uses her martial arts skill she learned to take them down, one by one. However, there is still one man left, the one who is holding Wonyoung's arms.

"Let. Her. Go" Yujin emphasized each word but it didn't make the man flinches at all. "If I don't want to?" He raises one of her eyebrows, challenging Yujin. "Then you might end up like them." She points at the unconscious men. "Well, fight me." The man looks like he really wants Wonyoung. He lets go of Wonyoung's arms and storms towards Yujin, giving her a punch on her face. Being the tough girl she is, she acts as nothing happens and kicks the guy but he definitely has a good reflex as he manages to avoid the kick before he swings his fist to Yujin's stomach, causing the girl to falls down while holding her stomach, groaning in pain. "YUJIN!" Wonyoung who saw it frightens at the sight of her crush hurting because of her. "It's a good thing you're a girl or I will have beaten you up." The guy then turns around to face Wonyoung, stepping forward. Wonyoung shifts her gaze from Yujin to the man repeatedly as she steps backward in fear. She gasps as her back bumps with the wall. She notices that Yujin is trying hard to stand but the guy is literally in front of her now. The guy lifts his hand to reach Wonyoung's cheeks, causing the trapped girl to close her eyes in defeat.