3. I Shouldn't Run Away

On Track

The sun shone all over the place. Wonyoung groans as soon as she woke up while her eyes are still closed. the sun rays are hitting her skin. The sounds of birds chirping and car engines starting welcomed Wonyoung's ear. She was about to stretch her long arms before she can feel someone's hands are wrapping her. 

She opens her eyes and the first thing she sees is Yujin's cute mole on her neck. She was about to break the hug before Yujin pulls her closer. 

"You're the one who snuggled into my neck last night and now you want to break the embrace? Not so fast, Jang Wonyoung." 

Yujin's deep and husky morning voice makes her feel butterflies in her stomach. She slowly wraps her arm along Yujin's waist and snuggles into Yujin's neck. "Yuj-yujinnie?" her voice cracked as she is on the verge of tears. Yujin hummed, signaling for the younger girl to just continues. 

"I love you." and Wonyoung's tears fall.

"I love you too, Wonyoungie~" She chuckles as she hears Yujin's answer. "Not that kind of love...", Wonyoung says to herself. Yujin breaks the hug and cups Wonyoung's face. She wipes all the tears on Wonyoung's face. "Why are you crying, Wonyo?" Wonyoung looks away from Yujin's gaze. "What's the meaning of confession if I'll get rejected, right?" Wonyoung sits up and gets off from the bed. "It's nothing. I think we should get ready for school now." Wonyoung then heads toward the bathroom, leaving Yujin dumbfounded again.

________________________________________________________________________________

Yujin walks into her house and about to heads toward her room before Yena calls her. "Yaa, Yujin! What happened last night? Haven't she tell you anything?" Yujin weakly shakes her head. "She just told me that she's not okay so I pat her until she fell asleep on my shoulder. Then, I lifted her up and slept beside her." Yujin lets out a heavy sigh, making Yena curious. "Then?" "She snuggled into my neck last night so I let her. After she woke up earlier, she suddenly when all panicked and tried to break free from my embrace, so I pulled her closer, trying to calm her but instead, she suddenly cried." "Ehh?! So sudden?" Yujin forgets about something so she continues. "Ahh, she also said that she loves me which I replied back and then poof! She cried." Yena looks at Yujin who has a confused look on her face and lets out a very heavy sigh. "That's the reason, dummy!" "What? Did I need to say that I hate her? But I love her?" 

"Figures it out yourself. I never expect you to be so dense, Ahn Yujin." 

Yujin is obviously confused with what Yena said. Yena wipes her face in frustration. "Just always pour loves and attention to her, okay? You're the only one she really has. Her parent is nowhere to be seen, always leaving their 17 years old daughter in the big house. Just stay with her, never leave her side." Yena then walks into her room and closes the door.  Suddenly, her phone rings. She turns on her phone and there's a message from Wonyoung. 

Yujin can't just ignore the awkward conversation

Yujin can't just ignore the awkward conversation. Is Wonyoung still angry at her? But why?

________________________________________________________________________________

The two tall girls are now walking, side by side. Yujin insisted to hold hands together but Wonyoung rejected it. Yujin starts to overthink about what she did to Wonyoung yesterday. She snapped out from her thoughts when someone suddenly called her. "Yujinie~" She looks forward and sees Minju waving at her. Her smile slowly appears as she waves back at the older girl. "Hey, I need to go to the toilet. Let's meet later in class." Wonyoung pats Yujin's back and starts to walk away before Yujin can even stop her. She herself doesn't know what's wrong with her but she feels like she needs to be by Wonyoung's side. She hesitated to either go to Wonyoung or Minju. 

"Just stay with her, never leave her side." 

Yena's words come through her mind. She needs to be with Wonyoung. She runs to Minju and greets her first "Hi, unnie~" She smiles which makes Minju smile too. "Where did Wonyoung go?" "Ahh, about that. I think I need to check on her first, unnie." Minju nods in understanding. "I'll see you in the practice room later," Yujin says while waving as she runs to the toilet.

As soon as she pushes the door, she can definitely hear  Wonyoung's crying voice inside one of the cubicles. She breathes heavily and slowly walks to each cubicle to detect where Wonyoung is. There's only one closed door. Letting out a heavy breath, Yujin slowly leans on the door, sitting on the floor. She thought that it's better for her to wait for Wonyoung to stop crying. Hearing Wonyoung's cry, her heart aches so much that her tears start to fall too.

'CLICK!'

The door is unlocked, making Yujin stand up in a hurry as the door slowly opens, revealing Wonyoung's messy face with stains of tears everywhere. "Wonyo..." Her voice trailed down as Wonyoung lifts her head, meeting Yujin's eyes. Shocked, Wonyoung immediately wipes all her tears. 

"What are you doing here and why are you crying?" Yujin heart somehow clenched at the sight of her miserable best friend. "I... heard you cry so I wait..." Yujin sniffs and puts her head down while wiping all her tears. She lifts her head up and meets Wonyoung's gaze. "You know I'm here for you, right?" Wonyoung nods. "So, why do you need to suffer alone? I'll always be here for you, Wonyoung. So, no need to hide anything, especially things that make you cry like this. It hurts me too." Wonyoung stares at the floor, not knowing what to say. Yujin now holds both of Wonyoung hands, making the girl faces her. "It's okay if you don't want to share it with me but I'm here, okay? No matter what, you're my best frie-" 

Yujin wasn't able to finish her word as Wonyoung put her hand in front of Yujin's face, telling her to stop. Wonyoung's hand slowly falls down along with her head. "I know we're best friends, but would you stop calling me as your best friend? I know it's confusing but I-" Yujin pulls Wonyoung into a hug and caress the slightly younger's head. "Okay, I won't. But you know we are, right?" Wonyoung nods and hugs Yujin back. Yujin breaks the hug and holds Wonyoung's shoulder. "Now, let's go before we are late." Yujin grabs Wonyoung's hand and pulls her outside the toilet.

________________________________________________________________________________

The school ended smoothly for Wonyoung but not Yujin. She kept falling asleep during the class. She has been chased out for almost every subject today. As soon as the bell rings for the last subject to end, Yujin immediately apologizes to the teacher before banging her head on her table. Wonyoung opened to ask why Yujin is too sleepy today but closes back as she sees Yujin sleeping peacefully beside her. "Cute..." She mumbles under her breath and chuckles at the sight of sleeping Yujin who has a pout on her face.

She puts all her stuff inside her backpack and does the same to Yujin's stuff. "This girl is really a mess today. I wonder why she's too sleepy today. Usually, she will be the one who hyping up the  class atmosphere." She talks to herself. Slowly, she caresses Yujin''s head which makes the girl snuggles into her own arms, feeling comfortable. Wonyoung's smile grows wider unknowingly, falling deeper into Yujin.

"Wonyoung!" Wonyoung lifts her head and looks at the door. It's Minju. "Aren't we practicing today?" Wonyoung takes a look at Yujin before she looks at Minju back. "I don't know, unnie. Yujin was sleepy all day and now she's in her deep slumber." Minju steps inside and walks toward their tables. She giggles as she sees Yujin's pout. "Why is she pouting?" She lets out another giggle. Wonyoung thinks this is the right time for her to ask Minju about the question that keeps on haunting her these past few days. "Minju unnie, can I ask you something?" Minju takes one chair and sits in front of Wonyoung. "Yeah. What is it?"

"How do you think about Yujin?"

Minju suddenly laughs heartily after hearing Wonyoung's question. Wonyoung who is confused asks "Why are you laughing, unnie?" "You know you shouldn't be this obvious, right?" "Eh? What do you mean, unnie?" "I know you like her, Wonyoung~" Wonyoung's eyes widened. "What do you mean, unnie?" She can feel her cheeks are getting warmer.

"I know it, Wonyoung. Everyone can see how you look at her like she's your world."

Wonyoung puts her head down to hide her flushed face. 'But Yujin can't see that even though she's the one who I stare'  Wonyoung thoughts at herself."I only think of her as my cute little sister who I can rely on so don't worry." Still not satisfied with Minju's answer, Wonyoung asks "Tell me honestly, unnie. Without considering my feelings to her." Minju tilts her head. "But, I'm telling you honestly, Wonyoungie. Now, let's wake up this sleepyhead." Minju proceed to stand up and put the chair she sat to its respective place. Minju then shakes the puppy's body "Yujin-ah! Wake up~" Yujin groans at first, her eyes are too heavy due to her lack of sleep last night. Actually, she barely gets any sleep last night. That's why she's awake before Wonyoung this morning. She was too busy thinking of what makes Wonyoung gloomy. "YA, AHN YUJIN. MINJU UNNIE IS HERE! YOU BETTER WAKE UP BEFORE I KI-" Hearing Minju's name, Yujin immediately jolts up from her seat and startled as she sees Minju's face in front of her. "Psst, whipped" Wonyoung mumbles. Unfortunately, Yujin heard it and playfully smacks Wonyoung's shoulder. "WHAT?!" Wonyoung rubs her shoulder as it actually hurts. "I heard you!" "What? You heard me what?" "You said I'm whi-" Yujin automatically covers her own mouth, nearly spills her own secret. Wonyoung giggles and smirks "Now, you're awake, let's go to practice now. I don't want to waste time" "Yeah, Chaewon is already there." Minju then walks to the exit of the class. 

"Eh, when did I put my stuff inside my bag?" Wonyoung chuckles and leaves Yujin behind again. "Can you stop leaving me behind?!" Wonyoung stops at the door and turns around. "Then hurry up!" Yujin hurriedly picks up her bag and runs to Wonyoung. She puts her hand on Wonyoung's shoulder. "Let's go!"