7. Realisation

On Track

The guy was about to touch Wonyoung's cheek before a rock hit him from behind. He groans angrily and turns around, glaring her eyes at Yujin, who is still on the ground. He picks up the rock and throws it toward Yujin. "AHN YUJIN!" Seeing Wonyoung is trying to cover her, Yujin pulls Wonyoung into her embrace and cover them using her back, causing her to receive the hit on the head instead. She winces in pain but she knows she got no time to waste so she pulls Wonyoung up. The guy tries to grabs one of them but to no avail as Wonyoung has run away while pulling Yujin out from the dark alley. Nothing is in Wonyoung's mind except the thought that she needs to go home now.

 

Wonyoung can see her house across the road. She crosses the road and turns around to look at Yujin who looks like she will stumble down anytime soon. "We're near. Stay awake!" Yujin meets Wonyoung's eyes before hers widen. "CAR!" Yujin pulls Wonyoung back to the sidewalks, causing both of them falls down. Yujin let go of Wonyoung and checks her body. "Are you okay?" Wonyoung immediately stands up and pulls Yujin to her house again. She is actually hiding her flushed face from Yujin. As soon as they enter her house, Wonyoung let go of Yujin and walks upstairs with no words. 

 

As soon as she enters her room, she messages Minju.

Minju unnie?

Yeah?

Can you ask Yujin to come to your place?

Okay..but why?

I need some time alone but I'm afraid I will hurt her if I tell her to leave.

Okay then ;)

Thank you, unnie :")

 

She immediately wipes her tears away and waits for Yujin to leave her house. She knows Yujin is hurting but she really needs to be alone now before she hurts Yujin with her words. She throws herself onto her bed and closes her eyes.

 

Instead of hearing the main door opens, she hears her door being opened. "W-wonyoung..." Her eyebrows twitched. It's not Yujin's voice. It's...

 

"It's me, Chaewon."

 

Wonyoung jolts up from her bed and looks at Chaewon. "W-what are you doing here, unnie?" "I think you got into trouble since you and Yujin weren't picking up my calls. I met with Yujin downstairs but she leaves in a hurry." Wonyoung knows that Yujin will leave for Minju eventually but she can still feel her heart clenched. She looks down to hide her hurt expression but Chaewon has seen it all. She grabs Wonyoung's soft hands and sits on the edge of the bed. "Let me treats your swollen cheeks first." Wonyoung nods before Chaewon pulls her downstairs.

 

 

On the other side, Yujin has arrived in front of Minju's house despite her worsening condition. Minju who sees how the younger struggling to even breathe properly pulls her inside and pushes her down to sit on the sofa. "Wait here. I'll just get the first aid box." Yujin can feel her head spinning as the pain from the hit is coming back. She grabs her head to endures the pain. "YUJIN?!" Minju holds Yujin's shoulders before the injured girl passed out. Minju sighs and uses all her strength to bring the girl to the guest room. It's a good thing that her mother is a doctor that she learned how to do first aid treatment properly. She treats Yujin's wounds and bruises. She notices that there's bleeding wound behind Yujin's head. She can only shake her head. What happened between you two? Minju thought to herself. She wraps a bandage around Yujin's head and let the unconscious girl rest by leaving her behind. She reaches for her phone and messages Chaewon.

Ssamu, are you busy?

Yeah, I'm with Wonyoung now. I think something bad happened to her.

She looks sad. Why do you ask?

Nothing. Just wondering.

Oh...

Wait, don't tell me Yujin is with you?!

Yeah. She passed out as soon as she arrived. 

What actually happened?

I don't know myself. I'll ask Wonyoung later.

Okay. 

 

Minju puts her phone down and wonders since when the two have got closer. They didn't talk that much in front of her. She shrugs her thoughts and walks into her room.

 

Chaewon on the other side turns off her phone and focuses back to packing the ice into the transparent zipper bag. She walks upstairs and goes inside Wonyoung's room. She can feel a tug on her heart seeing the younger's disheveled state. She sits beside the girl and carefully moves the ice pack closer to the swollen cheek. "It'll hurt a little. Stay fo-" "Nothing will hurt me more than Yujin, unnie. Just do it." Wonyoung said with an expressionless tone. Chaewon honestly is taken aback with Wonyoung's words but decides to stay silent. Just like what Wonyoung said, the injured girl didn't even flinch when the cold ice pack touches her face. Chaewon can feel a dark aura surrounding her but again, decides to shrug it off. She grabs Wonyoung hand and puts it on the ice pack. "Hold it for about 20 minutes, okay." Wonyoung nods with her eyes still staring straight. "Hey..." Wonyoung hums in response but Chaewon wants Wonyoung to looks at her. "Look at me."

Wonyoung shifts her gaze at look at Chaewon's worried face. Chaewon couldn't say anything more so she just pulls the taller into a tight hug. "I know it hurts but we'll get through this together, okay?" Wonyoung nods which Chaewon can feel her movement. The older make a circle on Wonyoung's back, hoping that she'll give some strength to the broken heart. She breaks the hug and pats Wonyoung's head affectively.

After a good 20 minutes, Wonyoung pulls down the ice pack and put it on the mini table beside her bed. "We. No, I got attacked by some men on my way back home earlier." Wonyoung suddenly blurted out which make the older jolts from her lying position and widens her eyes. "WHAT?!" Chaewon can't believe what she heard. "DID THEY HURT YOU ANYWHERE ELSE?!" "No, she suddenly appeared and saved me from them but she gets hurt instead. I feel bad but I'm really afraid that I might say something that will hurt her so I asked Minju unnie to call her." Wonyoung lowers down her head. "It's okay, Wonyoung. I understand why you did that. Just know that Yujin has already arrived at Minju's safely." "Good for her then..."  Chaewon looks at her watch and realizes that the sun must probably set now. "Hey, I think I might go back now. Rest well and sleep early, okay?" Chaewon rises from the bed and was about to leave the room before a slow voice called her. "Chaewon unnie..." She turns back to Wonyoung and gives her a look to continue. "Can you sleep with me tonight?" Chaewon can feel her heart soften at the sight of the younger. "Yeah, of course." She walks back to the bed pushes the younger down before going to the other side of the bed. She opens her arm which the younger gladly throws herself into it. Both of them then comfortably drifts into a deep slumber with each other's warmth.