11. Proper Closure

On Track

“Just let her be for now and tell me what have you done to her, Ahn Yujin.”

 

Yujin stiffens upon hearing Chaewon’s stern voice. She immediately gets goosebumps as soon as her eyes meet Chaewon’s dark eyes. “This is the last time I’m going to ask you. What have you done to her, Ahn Yujin?” Yujin averts her gaze from Chaewon’s. “I-” Yujin halts as she isn’t ready, to tell the truth yet. Yujin opens again but before she can emit a word, Minju comes inside the room. 

 

“Where is Wonyoung?” Chaewon points to the door of the bathroom and says “Go and bring her away from here. I’m going to have a serious talk with Ahn Yujin.” Yujin swears she can feel her hair rising up as Chaewon’s cold aura is filling the room. Minju immediately opens the bathroom door and hugs the crying girl before helping her walk out of the room. Yujin who was eyeing Minju and Wonyoung gets startled when Chaewon hits the mini table beside the bed. She makes eye-contact with Chaewon but immediately averts away after seeing how Chaewon’s eyes are full of anger. “Now, tell me what you did to her.” Yujin gulps as she hears Chaewon’s rigid voice. 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I, kissed her, out of rage.” 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chaewon’s eyebrows furrow as she heard the words coming out from Yujin’s mouth. Not being able to contain her anger, she grabs Yujin’s shirt collar. “What do you mean ‘out of rage’? And why would you kissed her when you are angry?!” Yujin looks up and meets Chaewon’s eyes with hers. “I saw something that shouldn’t be happened.” Yujin’s despair from yesterday is slowly coming back to her. “You and Minju unnie, kissing.” Chaewon’s grips on Yujin’s collar tightens. “And you decide to let out your anger to your own best friend who you neglected?!” Yujin’s face turns away as Chaewon’s fist meets her face. Yujin flinches and holds her reddened cheeks. “Why would you, out of all people, hurt her?!” Yujin can’t understand why Chaewon is so angry when what happened yesterday does no harm to her. Chaewon stands up and straightens her shirt. “Stay away from Wonyoung if you are just going to make her your punching bag!” She points her finger towards Yujin’s face. She hisses in anger while walking away from the room. Yujin, who was pushed, is sitting on the floor, staring at the wall blankly.


 

“What have I done?”  





 

Chaewon slams the door harshly before walking downstairs to meet Minju and Wonyoung. She heads toward Wonyoung and pulls the younger into her embrace. Her anger disappears almost immediately after she feels the younger hug her back. “Sleep at my house tonight, with Minju.” “But how about Yujinnie?” “You still care about her after what she did to you?” Chaewon realizes that she let her anger control her so she grabs both of Wonyoung’s hands. “Let's just sleep with us tonight, hm?” Wonyoung is worried about Yujin but she knows she should stay away from her best friend for now. She just nods weakly and follows Chaewon who is currently pulling her towards the door. Minju who is trailing behind the two other girls glances at the stairs when she hears feet stomping down the stairs. She froze as she saw Yujin with disheveled blue hair, puffy eyes, sniffing softly. She went to Chaewon and asked them to go first and assured her that she would get home quickly. Though Chaewon disagrees, Minju pleads which successfully makes the other girl surrender and just reminds her to be careful. 

 

Without wasting any seconds, Minju runs inside and she’s glad that Yujin is still standing there. She then pulls the younger into a tight hug. Even though she knows that Yujin is at fault, she knows that the taller one didn't mean it. Soft sobs can be heard from the latter’s mouth. She draws uneven circles on Yujin’s back. “Hey, it’s okay. Everything will be alright soon.” Minju hugs the younger tighter to comfort her. After a while, Minju breaks the hug and she swears she can hear Yujin hisses in disappointment. She grips the younger’s wrist and leads her to the couch. She pushes Yujin down softly to sit down. She then takes her seat beside Yujin. She wipes the tears on Yujin’s face before starting. 

 

“I don't really know the details but-” 

 

“If you know, I’m sure you will leave me too.” Minju is astonished after Yujin cuts her words. “Anyways, I am here now so can you tell me your side of the story?” Yujin can’t even lift her head as she feels the same scared feelings when Chaewon asks her the same question, just a little softer than Chaewon. 

 

“Promise me you won’t hit me as Chaewon unnie did to me.” Minju’s eyes grew wider as she just realized the faint purple-colored bruise on Yujin’s cheek. 

 

“She hits you?!” Like a sweetheart she is, Minju immediately caresses Yujin’s face and causes the latter to blush furiously.

 

Yujin tries her best to suppress her feelings and timidly nods before continuing, “I know what I did was so wrong and I sincerely want to apologize to Wonyoung but Chaewon unnie warned me not to go near her.” Minju’s eyebrows furrowed. Her (now) girlfriend never likes to solve problems using violence. She wonders what Yujin has done that makes Chaewon that mad. 

 

Yujin knows that Minju is more than curious now of what she did to Wonyoung last night so she starts her storytelling. “So, I saw my c-crush kissing her own best friend, which now I assume is her girlfriend. I don't know what is wrong with me but I felt so betrayed and hurt and to be honest, I don't think I was in my right mind. My body itself brought me to Wonyoung’s house and the stupid me kissed Wonyoung, out of rage.” Yujin lifts her head to see Minju’s reaction but before her eyes can land on Minju’s face, she’s pulled into a tight hug again. 


 

“I’m sorry for not being able to reciprocate your feeling back, Yujin.” 


 

Yujin starts to feel lighter after hearing Minju’s apology. She suddenly feels that all her insecurities and betrayed feelings vanish into the air. She knows all along that Minju never likes her back but she can’t help but hoping that she might have a chance with the older. Maybe all this time she just needs a proper closure like this, a clear and straight statement that she didn’t even have the chance to be with Minju from the very start. That her love towards Minju is just unrequited. Slowly, she closes her eyes and everything turns black.