8. Falling Apart

On Track

Yujin opens her eyes and stares at the ceiling. She realizes that this is not her room, causing her to sits up but falling down back because of the sudden dizziness that hit her. She holds her head and realized it is wrapped with a bandage.

"Where am I?" She mutters to herself.

She sits up slowly and looks around her but still can't figure out where she is.

"Yujin?" She shifts her gaze to the door, to be greeted by the sight of her crush, Kim Minju. "Unnie? Am I at your house?" Minju smiles and walks near her putting the tray filled with foods and green tea on the mini table beside the bed. "Don't you remember anything last evening?"

The memory from yesterday hits her. She was saving Wonyoung from some men before she rushed to Minju's house because Minju was asking her to. "Why did you called me yesterday?" Minju sits at the side of the bed and holds out the glass which Yujin gladly accepts and takes a sip from it. "Wonyoung asked me to do so." 

Yujin furrowed at the statement. "But why?" "She...think she might hurt you with her words so she asked me to helps you." Yujin is still confused about what's happening. "But why would she hurt me?" Minju chuckles at this tactless Yujin. Wonyoung is right, she's so dense. "Did you forget that she was mad at you?" Another train of memory passes by. She remembers Wonyoung stomped her feet out from the room which caused Yujin to catch her afterward. "Yeah..." She puts her head down before lifting it back, staring at Minju. "Is there any chance that you know why she is mad at me?"

Minju lets out a giggle which making Yujin's heart swells. If only she can be the only cause of the giggle, she will offer the world to Minju.

"Well, that's for you to ask her yourself." Yujin frowns again because she thinks that Minju and Wonyoung are hiding something behind her. Oh, maybe Chaewon too since she remembers bumping into Chaewon last evening when she steps out from Wonyoung's house, opposite with what the older do. "Unnie, do you know what was Chaewon unnie doing yesterday in Wonyoung's house?" Yujin swears she can see a slight sadness in Minju's eyes before Minju pinches Yujin's nose and smiles."Well, I don't know either." Minju shrugs her shoulders before taking the tray of foods she prepared and putting it on Yujin's lap. "Stop with the questions and eat now. I'll be outside if you need anything, okay?" Minju stands up and leaves the room, leaving Yujin who is in awe by Minju's foods. "Am I dreaming or I'm going to eat breakfast my crush made, for me?" She mumbles. She can feel a warmth spreading to her cheeks.

 


 

Wonyoung on the other side is awake but decides to snuggles onto Chaewon's warmth. It's good to have someone by her side but truth to be told, she misses Yujin's warmth. It feels weird at first when she woke up to see Chaewon's cute sleeping face. She can't help but wonders if Minju has a mutual feeling with the older girl in front of her. Like how can no one fall for the cub-like girl? Well, except for her since she has fallen in love with a dense big puppy earlier.

"Hey, awake already?" The older's voice interrupts her morning thought. She hums in response. She breaks the hug and stares at Chaewon. "Thank you." A small smile formed on her face. Chaewon, too, smiling at her. "Let's make breakfast, should we?" Chaewon jolts up and gets off from the bed.  Wonyoung gets herself down from the bed too and walks to the bathroom. "Let me wash my face first. Don't burn the kitchen though!" Chaewon widens her eyes and gives Wonyoung a light smack on her shoulder. Wonyoung can only laugh at Chaewon's cute antics as she walks inside the bathroom. Chaewon walks out of the room and proceeds to the kitchen.

She opens the fridge and grabs some ingredients to use. She decided to cook a simple kimchi fried rice. She cuts the spam in various shapes and sizes and put it one pan before she grabs an onion and chops it off.

"Unnie~" She puts aside the chopped onion and turns around. "What are you cooking?" Wonyoung appears with a towel hanging around her neck. "Kimchi fried rice." Wonyoung's eyes glow. "Do you want me to help you?" Chaewon shakes her head, saying that she can handle it. The younger then brings herself to sit on the sofa while watching tv.

Chaewon continues her work and follows the secret steps her sister, Eunbi had taught her. She puts all the ingredients on the pan as soon as it is heated. Sizzling sounds can be heard from the kitchen -attracting the hungry girl. She tries to peek on but give up soon as Chaewon's body is booking the view. 

Chaewon stirs the ingredients until the onion is wilted. She puts in the rice into the pan and mixes it together. After she puts some spring onion into the pan, a sudden train of memory hits her.

 

 

Last week, she and Minju were learning how to cook kimchi fried rice for the first time with the help of Eunbi. She remembers Minju putting an egg even though that wasn't in the steps. Chaewon mocked Minju, making her afraid about the outcome of her action. "If it tastes bad, you need to finish it alone, I'm not poisoning my own stomach~" Minju frowned and slapped Chaewon's shoulder. "We will look at what your sister will say later."

"Did you put something else in the rice, Minju?" Eunbi twitched her eyebrows, more to Minju's dismay. "I put an egg..." "Oh, no wonder it feels a bit weird." Eunbi then proceeded to taste Chaewon's fried rice. Her eyes gleamed because of how delicious her younger sister's rice is. "Woah, this is so good for a first-timer!" Chaewon scoffed and nudged Minju's elbow. "Look, I've said already. Mine is better!" Minju rolled her eyes and ignored her friend. Chaewon brings a spoonful of Minju's rice to and eats it. It tastes good though. "Yaa, it's delicious!" Minju glared at her best friend, thinking that Chaewon is joking. Chaewon put her hand on both of Minju's shoulder and looks straight to her eyes. "I meant it." Chaewon used her low voice which comes out when she's serious. "Y-yeah. Thanks." She noticed that Minju's eyes are wandering around, not wanting to meet hers. She chuckles at the sight of her best friend's flushed face. "Why are you blushing?" Minju's eyes widened. She pushed away from Chaewon and fanned her face. "The weather is hot nowadays." She cracks out a loud laugh at her friend's stupid excuse. "It's winter for God's sake, Joo-yah." Minju stopped fanning her face and froze. "I-i" Chaewon puts her finger on Minju's lips to stops her from giving any stupid and lame excuses. "It's okay, Minju." She holds her stomach as its getting hurt from all the laughing

 

 

"Unnie, is it done?" Chaewon's daydream interrupted by Wonyoung. "Yeah." She turns off the stove and distributes the rice to two plates. She walks to the dining table where Wonyoung is sitting on and puts the plates before she takes a sit too. They both eat in silence.

 


 

Back to Yujin, she has finished the foods and is now washing the dishes. She still feels like cloud nine. She could only imagine Minju is the first face she sees in the morning but now it becomes a reality! Not to add that Minju cooked breakfast for her. She rinses her hands and walks to the guest room to take her things. Even though she really wants to be in Minju's house longer, she can't ignore the fact that she's still worried about Wonyoung. She heads to the living room to see Minju sitting on the couch while watching tv. Minju who heard the sound of steps from behind turns around and gives Yujin a smile "Unnie, I think I need to go now." Minju stands up and walks her to the door. "Take care, Yujin. Don't get yourself injured again, okay?" She pats Yujin shoulder a few times. Yujin then bids her goodbye and walks to of the house, continuing her way to Wonyoung's house.

 


 

At Wonyoung's house, both of the girls are sitting comfortably while talking. "Unnie, why you didn't confess to Minju unnie?" Wonyoung asked after hearing how Chaewon adores her best friend. "Why don't you?" Chaewon answers Wonyoung's question with another question. "Well, I know she likes Minju unnie. That's why. Minju unnie didn't feel the same with her, we both know that. So, why Chaewon unnie?" Chaewon scratches her nape and shrugs her shoulder. "I think she didn't like me back?" Wonyoung sighs and continues "Unnie, you better confess at her before you are too late. What if someone suddenly comes into her life and then you miss the chance again?!" Wonyoung shakes Chaewon's body in frustration.

Chaewon is still contemplating to whether confess her feelings to Minju or to keep mum again.

"UNNIE, YOU MUST CONFESS!" Chaewon sighs in defeat.

"Okay."

Wonyoung's eyes brighten. She pulls the older girl into a tight hug. "You can do it unnie!" Chaewon just nods and pats the girl's back. She was about to break the hug before the younger girl tightens the hug. "I hope someday I'll be able to confess too." Chaewon pats her head to give her some courage. She herself is still hesitating but she knows she needs to at least let Minju know about her feelings. 

 

"JANG WONYOUNG!"

 

A loud thump followed by a loud voice can be heard from the main door.  The two hugging girls look up and see a tall puppy-like girl standing with her hands on her knee for support. Wonyoung breaks the hug and stiffens '"What is she doing here?" She stares at the girl as she is internally confused on how to react or what to do. Chaewon who realized that they need some time alone stands up and walks to the door. "I'll get going first, Wonyoung. If anything happens, just call me, okay?" Wonyoung takes her eyes off from Yujin and gives Chaewon a nod. As soon as the door closed, Wonyoung shifts her gaze to Yujin back. 

 

"What are you doing here?" Yujin looks at her in disbelief. "Seeing you of course!" Wonyoung really wants to hug the girl when she sees the bandages wrapped on her head but she holds herself back. "Weren't you spending your own sweet time with your crush?" Yujin's can feel her anger is boiling.

"I CAME HERE RUNNING BUT YOU CAN SAY THINGS LIKE THAT?!"

She can feel her face getting redder as she tries her best to suppress her anger, which she failed horribly. Wonyoung realizes that she has gone too harsh to the girl and immediately regrets it. She was about to replies before Yujin continues,

"Well, I guess you really don't want to see me right now." Wonyoung stands up and steps forward.

"No, I-" Yujin cuts Wonyoung.

"It's okay, If you feel better, I'm at home." Yujin then leaves the house, leaving the stiffen Wonyoung alone in the big house of hers. She throws herself to the couch and covers her face. "What was I doing? Why did I do that?" Wonyoung lets out a loud sigh and walks to her bedroom. 

 

 

[TBC.]

A/N: So this chapter is literally a roller coaster of emotion but I'm sorry to say this but for the next chapter, the roller coaster we are going to ride is the faster one. Get ready and fasten your seatbelt.

Thank you for reading this story even though I slacks in lots of parts. I'll try harder and make sure you guys can really feel the emotion the characters are trying to express~