A Thousand and One.

That's Okay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
A Thousand And One.

 

 

When Bongcha arrived to work, she was surprised to find Kyungsoo already there, sitting on the sofa and reading through a file, a box of doughnuts on the coffee table. The moment she stepped inside, Kyungsoo had tensed and his eyes snapped towards her.

 

“You’re here early,” Bongcha commented. “Coffee?”

 

“Y-yes please,” Kyungsoo stuttered, his voice raspy.

 

Bongcha went inside her office first and put down her bag and jacket before coming out again and putting the kettle to boil for the coffee. Kyungsoo kept his eyes on her the entire time, clenching and unclenching his fists, trying to find the right time to speak up. 

 

“You look like you are bursting to say something,” Bongcha commented, joining him on the sofa with the coffee. “Spill it.”

 

Kyungsoo coughed softly, reaching for the coffee and taking a hasty sip, forgetting to cool it down first. This resulted in him jolting back and spilling some of the coffee on his shirt. Bongcha immediately reached for some tissues and started dabbing his shirt, her brows furrowing together at the stain that was going to form.

 

“I didn’t mean spill the coffee,” Bongcha mumbled under her breath.

 

This earned her a hearty chuckle from Kyungsoo who fell back against the sofa and stared absent-mindedly at the ceiling. There were many questions in his mind waiting to be spilt. The issue was simply whether or not he wanted to know the answer. How did the date go? Why did you agree to go? What do you think of Kai? Do you want to have dinner together? What do you think of me? How do you feel about us?

 

“How do you feel about us…” Kyungsoo whispered softly, his eyes sliding towards Bongcha. “Hiring Joy and having her start next week? Be part-time until she graduates.”

 

“Oh, right sure,” Bongcha replied, her voice rather flat. “I’ll give her a call later.”

 

“No I’ll do it,” Kyungsoo interjected, suddenly standing up. “I’ll do it now.”

 

Without saying anything else, Kyungsoo hurried into his office, softly closing the door behind him. Bongcha frowned, her eyes darting back and forth between his closed office door and his virtually untouched coffee. Taking a large bite of a doughnut, Bongcha carried the plate of doughnuts and her own mug of coffee into her office. Almost as soon as she sat down however, she jolted out of her seat and found herself standing in front of the coffee table. Bongcha reached for Kyungsoo’s mug and took one step towards the kitchen before some unknown force led her back inside her office, guiding her towards the door that connected her office with Kyungsoo’s.

 

Bongcha placed her ear against the door. Hearing no sound coming from the other side, she exhaled loudly before gently knocking on the door and pushing it open. She only pok

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter