Life is Like Running Water.

That's Okay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Life is Like Running Water.

 

 

Bongcha hummed a soft tune under her breath as she unlocked the door to the office. Taking off her coat and dropping her bag in her chair, she proceeded to do the usual morning routine before Kyungsoo’s arrival. As always, the famed attorney arrived just as she finished brewing coffee. This time however, Kyungsoo arrived holding a large bag which he carefully placed on Bongcha’s desk.

 

“For your peruse.” Kyungsoo smiled at Bongcha, taking his cup of coffee from her extended hand.

 

Shuffling towards the desk, Bongcha peered into the bag and her eyes widened at the pile of notes about previous cases, notebooks and even law related textbooks.

 

“This is going to take me a while to go through,” Bongcha whispered under her breath before turning towards Kyungsoo’s open door and raised her voice. “Mrs Park will be here soon by the way, something popped up and her afternoon became fully scheduled.”

 

“Crap.”

 

Bongcha smiled to herself, hearing the less than subtle grunt of protest that echoed from Kyungsoo’s office. She could clearly visualise the male slamming his face into his desk as he dreaded the meeting with the client.

 

・・・

 

“How many times do I need to tell you?” Mrs Park’s voice screeched through the walls. “He married into my family and he cheated on me. I will not allow him to leech off of me any longer. The money is mine!”

 

Bongcha found herself unconsciously leaning closer towards the closed office door but pulled herself back when she heard the sound of heels clicking against the floor. The door swung open and Mrs Park, wrapped in her fur-coat and her face layered in too much foundation, came marching out while throwing Kyungsoo one final look of disdain.

 

“I am not paying you these exorbitant fees just so that cheater can run off with my money and property to raise his little pets.”

 

“We’ll be in touch for your next appointment Mrs Park.” Bongcha stood up and gave her a small bow.

 

Without saying goodbye, Mrs Park marched out, leaving behind a trail of heavy perfume.

 

“What’s gotten her into such a vile mood now?” Bongcha turned towards Kyungsoo who was now spread out on the sofa, sinking deeper and deeper into it almost as though he wanted to be swallowed and never resurface.

 

“The husband’s side has proof that she has a young lover,” Kyungsoo grunted. “Now they are asking for the holiday home in Spain as consolation for his grief from being cheated on.”

 

“Even though he started it all with his large collection of… pets?”

 

Kyungsoo gave Bongcha a flat stare, unamused by her conscious choice of echoing Mrs Park’s words.

 

“Yes, even if he had and still has a harem of mistresses, he has enough cause to ask for more than what we previously offered.” Standing back up, Kyungsoo smoothened his suit and inhaled deeply. “I have to get going now for the lunch meeting. Feel free to browse through the books in my office for reference.”

 

“As if I didn’t have enough to read already,” Bongcha snorted as she casually leafed through one of Kyungsoo’s notebooks.

 

・・・

 

 A knock came from the door and Bongcha looked up in surprise. She quickly checked the calendar, not remembering there being any more appointments for the day. Combing through her hair, Bongcha cleared .

 

“Come in.”

 

“Hey.” Kai poked his head in before stepping inside. “Hope I’m not disturbing.”

 

“How did you get in? The guard doesn’t let anyone up unless we notify him beforehand of any guests.”

 

The guard was extremely strict, as other companies based in the building also had prolific clients or worked on confidential and sensitive projects. Consequently any and all visitors needed to be registered in the system beforehand. Of course there were exceptions to that, and Junmyeon was one of them since the guard already knew that he was Bongcha’s older brother and had his ways of charming anyone and everyone.

 

“Apparently his wife is a big fan of mine so he let me up in exchange for a selfie and an autograph,” Kai chuckled. “Also he remembered me from the previous visits.”

 

“Did you have something you wanted to discuss with Mr Do?” Bongcha questioned, motioning him to seat down on the sofa. “I’m afraid he’s out at a lunch meeting now.”

 

“I wanted to talk with you actually,” Kai admitted, revealing the bag he was holding. “I brought lunch.”

 

“Is that the famous sandwich that people have been going crazy over because of Hospital Playlist?” Bongcha raised an eyebrow, pushing her chair towards the coffee table. “Aecha has been going on and on about it and begging my brother to buy it for her.”

 

“Now you can show off that you’ve eaten it,” Kai mused, taking one out and passing it to Bongcha.

 

“Indeed I can. It will increase my points as the cool aunt. So how are things going? I don’t see what I can help you with that Mr Do can’t.”

 

“He’s the one who encouraged me to talk with you actually.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“I was hoping to get some insight from your personal experience

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter