Suspicion and Resignation.

That's Okay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Suspicion and Resignation.

 

 

Yibo’s race was on a weekday, but Kyungsoo had granted Bongcha the day off seeing as the girl never took sick leave and he knew that she had never missed any of Yibo’s races in Seoul. Bongcha made sure to arrive early, and strutted into Yibo’s changing room just as he finished getting changed into his motorcycle leather suit.

 

“How are you feeling?” Bongcha poked the male in the cheek.

 

“Nervous,” Yibo confessed, cracking his neck to release some tension.

 

Bongcha exhaled loudly while pushing Yibo to sit down on the bench behind him. She then placed her palms over his ears, muffling any sound and disturbance that might unsettle and disrupt his concentration. Yibo wrapped his hands around Bongcha’s elbows and pulled her towards him, allowing him to rest his forehead against her stomach.

 

Just like Bongcha found comfort whenever Yibo tapped his finger on her knuckles, this was how Yibo sought comfort from Bongcha.

 

Bongcha and Yibo against the world; that was how Junmyeon used to describe them.

 

Yibo never admitted it, but he had struggled when they first got divorced. Suddenly the one constant who was always by his side during his most important moments was no longer there, and he found himself facing the world all by himself. But then he remembered that was not the case, for although Bongcha was not always physically there, he knew that mentally and morally she was there to support him. Her presence was embedded in him, manifested through his daruma tattoo with the Chinese character of blessing and good fortune.

 

Glancing at her wristwatch, Bongcha slowly pushed herself away from Yibo and slipped her hands away. Patting him lightly on his cheeks, Bongcha gave him an encouraging smile.

 

“Your time to shine,” Bongcha whispered softly. “Stay alive.”

 

“Watch me win,” Yibo smirked, squeezing Bongcha’s hands.

 

・・・

 

Once Bongcha found her seat in the VIP section, she realised that Kai was already there, wearing his trusted hat. He immediately noticed the girl and gave her a shy smile. Sliding into her seat, Bongcha returned the smile while her eyes looked around them.

 

“You came alone?”

 

“Sehun couldn’t make it because something came up at work,” Kai replied. “He’ll be really jealous though. We’ve got premium seats.”

 

“Perks of knowing one of the racers,” Bongcha chuckled, tying her hair in a loose bun to keep it out of her face. “Have you watched a bike race before?”

 

“No, it’s my first time,” Kai admitted. “Do you enjoy it?”

 

“Honestly I could never quite understand it,” Bongcha exhaled. “When we were still together I tried to keep myself up-to-date and educate myself but after we go divorced I no longer had any reason to do so. Granted he still informs he of all his wins. Not so much when he loses though.”

 

A small chuckle escaped from Bongcha as she reminisced on the days that had gone by.

 

“You still watch him races,” Kai observed.

 

“Never missed one,” Bongcha hummed. “It’s more of a tradition now, especially since it’s quite rare for us to meet up.”

 

The announcer’s voice grabbed their attention, and from their seats they had the perfect view of the racers as they mounted on their bikes. Soon the race had commenced, and the multiple bikes of a myriad of colours dashed past them, their silhouettes blurring together from the pure speed they were driving in.

 

Although Kai knew nothing about motorcycles and racing, he still found himself sitting on the edge of his seat, completely entranced by how Yibo masterfully turned the tight corners and forged his way to take the lead. It was a close race and it was impossible to predict who would snatch the title of the champion.

 

Turning to his left, Kai was surprised to see that unlike him, Bongcha was leaning back against her seat, stretching her legs out looking as though she was there to sunbathe,. Her eyes though never lost track of Yibo. It was clear that she did not care much for his victory, as long as he made out of it alive.

 

Finally the race ended and though Yibo failed to grab the gold medal, he had come in second. The top three racers were now standing on the podium, posing for photographs while holding their medals.

 

“He is so sulking right now,” Bongcha whispered under her breath.

 

“He looks completely chill though.”

 

“I can guarantee that on the inside he’s stomping his feet in frustration,” Bongcha chuckled. “Just wait and see.”

 

True to her words, once they entered Yibo’s changing room, the said male was lying on the ground, half dressed and rolling in his leather suit that had been discarded on the ground.

 

“Quite a contrast from the racer you saw on the tracks huh?” Bongcha mused, squatting down next to Yibo and pinching his nose.

 

“Stop beating yourself up. Plus, silver is a prettier colour than gold.”

 

“You could at least pretend and say that I raced well,” Yibo grumbled in a nasal voice.

 

“All these years and I still have no idea how racing works

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter