Female Touch.

That's Okay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Female Touch.

 

 

Bongcha had her nose buried deep in an old case file when Kyungsoo arrived in the morning. Jolting out of her chair, Bongcha immediately padded towards the kitchen.

 

“Sorry, I haven’t made the coffee yet.”

 

“No worries, I’ll make tea.” Kyungsoo lightly pushed the girl aside. “It will go great with the scones I bought on my way here.”

 

“Tea and scones from the big boss,” Bongcha mused, leaning against the kitchen counter. “You’re spoiling me.”

 

“You need sustenance,” Kyungsoo chuckled.

 

“By the way I’ve been wondering,” Bongcha hummed, taking the cup of tea from Kyungsoo. “Wouldn’t having two divorce attorneys be a bit redundant? Also clients may feel offended if I work on the case rather than you.”

 

“Who says you have to specialise in divorce?” Kyungsoo furrowed his brows together while signalling her to join him on the sofa.

 

“But it’s your father’s legacy,” Bongcha replied. “He carved his presence in the divorce niche.”

 

“So as the inheritor it’s only natural that I expand on his legacy,” Kyungsoo answered in a decisive tone. “See what interests you and we can discuss about it later.”

 

Bongcha’s eyes travelled towards the framed photograph of her, Aecha and Junmyeon that they had taken on Aecha’s birthday last year.

 

“I’ll keep my options open then.”

 

“You do that.” Kyungsoo nodded. “By the way, there’s been some complications with Kai’s divorce. The other party’s attorney is a real piraña. I have no idea if they are acting on the wishes of the wife, but it would appear that she’s coming after Kai’s everything.”

 

“That’s unexpected.” Bongha frowned. “Do you think the meeting between Kai and Jennie went really badly?”

 

“Can’t say but seems like a possibility,” Kyungsoo sighed. “Could you look into Jennie’s divorce attorney for me? And research into Kai’s brand value, I need to know exactly how much a renowned ballet dancer is worth.”

 

“I’ll have it ready for you by the end of the day.”

 

“Feel free to do some solo investigative work as well.” Kyungsoo added after some thought. “Maybe we need a female touch to understand what has caused Jennie to suddenly become so greedy.”

 

“So now I’m an investigator as well?” Bongcha mused. “On top of being your assistant and paralegal.”

 

“You’ve been sitting behind that desk for too long.” Kyungso shrugged his shoulders as he stood up. “It’s good do some exercise. I hear yoga is especially popular among young women nowadays.”

 

Giving Bongcha a secretive smile, Kyungsoo entered his office and readied himself for the day’s work. Bongcha blinked blankly at the space previously occupied by Kyungsoo and tilted her head to the side, repeating their conversation in her head.

 

“Yah, are you saying that I’m getting fat?” Bongcha hollered at the closed door.

 

Kyungsoo did not reply, though a muffled laughter could be heard penetrating through the walls.

 

・・・

 

Bongcha tapped her feet on the ground as she stood in front of a locker in the women’s changing room. During her research into Jennie’s attorneys, she found out that the model regularly went to yoga classes, and today happened to be when she was scheduled to attend a class. When she saw that, Kyungsoo’s comment about her doing yoga suddenly made sense.

 

Since Bongcha had finished her report on the topics that Kyungsoo asked to her look into early , she clocked out of work and went home, quickly grabbing her sports bag, stuffing it with the basic necessities for a yoga class and hurried to the sports centre that was located in the upscale part of Seoul, not too far away from her workplace.

 

Checking that her hair was braided properly, Bongcha inhaled deeply and shut her locker. With a towel and water bottle in hand, she marched towards the yoga studio where she immediately spied Jennie stretching at the furthest corner. Bongcha lingered by the front momentarily, her eyes scanning for an appropriate place to station herself, somewhere she could follow the yoga instructor but also observe Jennie without being caught.

 

Choosing the slot next to her would be too obvious, and being directly in front of her would be hard to actually see her. Thus Bongcha selected a mat that was positioned diagonally from Jennie, allowing Bongcha to have full view of the girl through the mirrors that s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter