A Brother's Approval.

That's Okay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
A Brother's Approval.

 

 

The Saturday morning sun shone brightly in the sky, the perfect whether to go out jogging. Tying her sweater tightly around her waist, Bongcha then adjusted the straps of her tank top and commenced her jogging; like always letting her feet guide her wherever the wind carried her.

 

There were surprisingly few people out and about, not that Bongcha minded though because it felt as though she had the whole world to herself. Her moment of solitude however did not last long, because as she waited for the stoplight to turn green, she saw a familiar figure waving at her from the other side.

 

“Kai, it’s been a while,” Bongcha greeted the male, coming to a stop next to him. “You’re not wearing a hat today.”

 

“The weather’s too nice to wear one.” Kai smiled as he looked up towards the sky while running a hand through his hair. “Do you jog around here often?”

 

“I don’t really have a set course,” Bongcha replied as she wearily observed their surroundings. “Don’t you feel exposed without your hat? Aren’t you worried about getting caught by the paparazzi or something?”

 

“I’m a free man,” Kai announced proudly. “Plus, I’m old news. The media has shifted their focus on some idol singer or something now.”

 

“The media sure moves fast,” Bongcha hummed. “If only they covered actual issues that have more depth and importance rather than two idols wearing matching clothes.”

 

“The more media coverage there is the more celebrities are willing to pay for expensive lawyers though,” Kai chuckled. “Mind if I join you jogging?”

 

“Only if you can keep up.”

 

Giving Kai a teasing smile, Bongcha resumed her jogging, with Kai right next to her, easily matching her pace. Neither initiated conversation, though both looked at ease in each other’s presence. After a while, Kai purposely fell half a step back so that he had a better view of Bongcha’s tattoo which was peaking out from her tank top.

 

“Jennie’s right, your tattoo is really cool,” Kai commented. “Suits you well.”

 

“Wouldn’t recommend getting one unless you have high pain tolerance.” Bongcha glanced back towards Kai,  giving him a lop-sided smile.

 

“So you are a tough girl huh?”

 

“Far from it.” Bongcha let out a hearty laugh. “When I was getting my tattoo done I squeezed Yibo’s hand so tightly that it left a print. I think he ended up screaming more than I did.”

 

“You still stuck through it though,” Kai mused. “You must really care for Yibo, to get a tattoo for him.”

 

“I wouldn’t say that it was for him,” Bongcha countered, slightly out of breath from talking and jogging at the same time. “I suppose his love for risk-taking rubbed off on me a bit, and I wanted to step out of my comfort zone, do something a bit crazy.”

 

“Diving into long-distance marriage was not crazy enough?” Kai raised an eyebrow in amusement. “Then you are way more adventurous than you give yourself credit for.”

 

Coming to a stop, Bongcha started stretching her limbs, taking care to not accidentally pull a muscle.

 

“You’re sounding just like my brother,” Bongcha huffed. “Funnily enough Kyungsoo was the one who reacted the calmest to my tattoo. I almost got annoyed at his lack of reaction.”

 

“He doesn’t seem like the type to get surprised easily,” Kai commented. “He’s a good contender for the title of unmovable mountain.”

 

“Yibo always said that Kyungsoo and I made quite a pair. But I’m sure he really wanted to say stubborn pair.”

 

“Quite a scary pair probably,” Kai chuckled. “And once you become his equal as an attorney, you two will become an invincible pair.”

 

“Way to put pressure on me,” Bongcha snorted.

 

“Pressure makes mountains stronger,” Kai stated firmly. “It’s scientifically proven.”

 

“Pretty sure that’s not how it works, but then again physics and geography were never my forte.” Bongcha frowned.

 

“By the way, I never got the chance to say it but, I really wanted to thank you.”

 

“What for?” Turning to look at Kai, Bongcha gave him a questioning look.

 

“For everything,” Kai whispere

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter