Uncle Bobo and Uncle Soo.

That's Okay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Uncle Bobo and Uncle Soo.

 

 

“Hello?” Bongcha answered the phone. “Please let him up, thank you.”

 

“Someone’s here?” Kyungsoo questioned in surprise, emerging from his office.

 

“Yibo.”

 

“Oh.”

 

Kyungsoo chewed on his lips thoughtfully, but before Bongcha could inquire about what was preoccupying his mind, the door swung open and a chirpy looking Yibo sauntered in.

 

“I come bearing gifts,” Yibo announced, lifting his arms and holding up two bags. “Coffee beans, tea leaves, and of course snacks.”

 

“Why are you here?” Bongcha eyed Yibo with suspicion. “You may have time to play around but we have work.”

 

“I’m here to visit good old Kyungsoo,” Yibo quipped, dropping down on the sofa. “Also I spent the morning training and familiarising myself with the track, so I deserve some rest now.”

 

“Right,” Bongcha replied in a flat tone. “Go annoy Kyungsoo then, I’m busy.”

 

“What?” Kyungsoo froze in position, suddenly feeling very self conscious at being the focus of the conversation.

 

“Didn’t you hear?” Bongcha mused. “Yibo is here to visit good old Kyungsoo.”

 

Gulping loudly, Kyungsoo took a tentative step backwards, aiming to seek refuge in his office. Without realising though, Bongcha had appeared behind him and closed the door to his office, cutting off his escape. Kyungsoo darted his eyes between a poker faced Bongcha and Yibo who was wiggling his eyebrows at him and Kyungsoo could only exhale in defeat. He allowed Bongcha to push him towards Yibo who was patting the empty space on the sofa next to him.

 

“Tea or coffee?” Bongcha questioned, taking the bags that Yibo had brought with him.

 

“The big boss decides,” Yibo chirped.

 

Feeling two stares directed towards him, Kyungsoo loosened his tie and his dry lips.

 

“Tea.”

 

Bongcha put the water to boil and opened the new bag of tea, closing her eyes as she sniffed the dry tea leaves. Nodding in satisfaction, Bongcha took out the tea pot and proceeded to seep the tea leaves. Kyungsoo kept his attention on Bongcha, though he felt the pressure of Yibo’s eyes focused on him and him only.


“Whatever plan you are concocting in your mind, give up,” Kyungsoo grunted, his expression serious.

 

“You seriously don’t want to try riding a bike?” Yibo huffed in response. “It’s a great way to destress, and I think your line of work needs it.”

 

“I have my own ways of relieving stress,” Kyungsoo responded firmly.

 

“Why so serious?” Yibo huffed, slouching into the sofa.

 

“Stop annoying Kyungsoo,” Bongcha intervened while holding a tray with the teapot and two mugs.

 

“You’re not drinking?” Kyungsoo frowned, seeing her put down the items.

 

“I need to go pick up Aecha now,” Bongcha announced. “Behave yourself Yibo.”

 

“Yes madam,” Yibo quipped while giving her a military style salute.

 

Once Bongcha was out of the room, Kyungsoo felt the air around him becoming heavy. Although he had encountered Yibo on multiple occasions after he and Bongcha had gotten divorced, he could never quite become comfortable being around the male. He was not sure why he felt that way, but one aspect was certainly because Bongcha and Yibo were the one couple that Kyungsoo felt bad about filing the divorce documents for. To make matters worse, sometimes he could not help but wonder whether he had indirectly been chaining Bongcha down to a desk and preventing her from spreading out to the fate that awaited her.

 

“I can hear your brain threatening to explode from thinking too hard,” Yibo hummed. “The tea’s getting cold.”

 

Snapping out of his thoughts, Kyungsoo reached for his mug and took a sip of the tea, his eyebrows lifting upwards in pleasant surprise.

 

“This is great tea.”

 

“I’ve been trained to find good tea and coffee by Bongbong,” Yibo chuckled. “I’d never hear the end of it if I brought bad stuff.”

 

“She has high standards,” Kyungsoo responded with a knowing smile.

 

Yawning loudly, Yibo rolled up his sleeves, feeling warm being inside the office. That action brought attention to the daruma tattoo that Yibo had on his lower arm. Kyungsoo could not help but stare at it in deep thought.

 

“How’s Bongbong been recently?” Yibo spoke up again.

 

Kyungsoo closed his eyes and grunted mentally, o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter