Welcome to the Human Experience.

That's Okay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Welcome to the Human Experience.

 

 

Bongcha’s eyes glided across the computer screen, her brows etched together in a frown as she drafted a passive aggressive email to respond to Mrs Park’s husband’s attorney. Following the lawsuit, Kyungsoo had steadily been pushing more and more tasks related to Mrs Park’s divorce onto Bongcha. He argued that it was good practice for her and a way to transition fully into a practicing attorney, though Bongcha strongly suspected that he was just ecstatic to finally be able to not deal with Mrs Park personally.

 

Pressing onto the send key harsher than she had intended to, Bongcha flinched slightly, feeling sorry for the keyboard that had been abused by her all afternoon. Stretching out her arms, the girl let out a soft whimper when she noticed the pile of files that she needed to go through and was almost sad that she could not use Aecha as an excuse to escape from her desk — even if just momentarily.

 

After Bongcha told Junmyeon what happened at the kindergarten last time, Junmyeon was utterly furious and decided to spend more time with Aecha. He had thus begged his chief and got out of evening shifts for the week.

 

“Hey.”

 

Snapping her head to the side, Bongcha’s eyes widened upon seeing Kai standing awkwardly in front of her.

 

“Kai.” Bongcha jolted out of the seat. “When did you get here?”

 

“I knocked but no one answered so I let myself in,” Kai explained. “You were glaring angrily at your computer screen, so I thought would be best not to disturb.”

 

“Sorry about that.” Bongcha bit her lip. “I had to deal with some very frustrating people.”

 

“Must be tough, working in law.” Kai smiled softly while sitting down on the sofa.

 

“It can be,” Bongcha hummed. “But I’ve been under Mr Do’s guidance since the beginning, and I could not have asked for a better boss.”

 

“Were you not scared of him when you first applied for the job?”

 

“Because of his stare?” Bongcha mused as Kai nodded. “I suppose. But it also felt reassuring. If someone with such intensity approved of me, then it meant that I had been recognised. Furthermore, under that scary exterior he is actually an extremely caring and gentle person.”

 

“You’re showering him with praises,” Kai observed.

 

“In my head I’ve been cursing him the whole afternoon. Don’t tell him though.” Bongcha pushed a finger against her lips.

 

“I can’t make any promises.” Kai’s lips curled into a smirk. “He told me to call him Kyungsoo instead of Mr Do, so I’d say we’re pretty good buddies now.”

 

“Damn, I’m outnumbered then,” Bongcha replied in an even tone.

 

“You could try to sound more scared,” Kai frowned.

 

“Hmmm,” Bongcha hummed, not really giving Kai the response that he wanted. “Kyungsoo’s meeting another client currently, did you need something?”

 

“I’ve co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter