Matters of the Heart.

That's Okay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Matters of the Heart.

 

 

It was Saturday, the day Yibo was flying back to China. Bongcha had wanted to drop by his hotel and see him off, however her plans changed when she received a call from Kyungsoo.

 

“Could you come by the office today?” Kyungsoo’s voice echoed through the device.

 

“Of course. Is something wrong?”

 

“I came to the office to work on Kai’s case,” Kyungsoo grunted. “But something cropped up on Mrs Park’s case, and at this rate I won’t be able to meet the deadlines.”

 

“I’ll head over now, see you soon.”

 

Hanging up the phone, Bongcha sent a quick message to Yibo, wishing him safe travels. Just as she had expected, once she had changed out of her pyjamas, the male had replied with a myriad of smiley faces and memes. Chuckling to herself, Bongcha locked the door to her flat and hurried towards the bus stop.

 

Since it was the weekend, the office building was empty. Even the guard was not there, so only those with a special card could enter and leave as they pleased. Stepping out of the lift, Bongcha approached the door to the law firm and slowly opened the door, peering inside to find Kyungsoo sitting on the sofa, typing away on his laptop with piles of paper spread out all around him.

 

The unusual mess had distracted Bongcha from noticing that Kyungsoo was in casual wear, which was a sight that she was not used to, though the same applied to Kyungsoo. When he lifted his head to welcome Bongcha he had frozen momentarily. Despite the two having worked together for years, it was uncommon for them to meet up on weekends or while not wearing work clothes.

 

Bongcha approached her desk and pulled out her chair to join Kyungsoo by the coffee table. While doing that, she tried to think of a way to describe Kyungsoo with words other than… normal. Bongcha meanwhile, was wearing a tank top matched with an off-shoulder sweater that gave Kyungsoo a sneak peak of her tattoo when she had her back turned towards him.

 

“Yibo leaves today doesn’t he?” Kyungsoo asked, pushing a pile of folders towards Bongcha.

 

Nodding her head, Bongcha reached for the first folder while pulling her legs up onto the chair, curling up in her chair.

 

“Mrs Park wants to file a lawsuit against the mistress?” Bongcha frowned. “Is that a sensible thing to do?  And it’s not our area of expertise, why isn’t her usual lawyer taking care of it?”

 

“She’s willing to pay extra for it, and we can use the lawsuit as a bargaining chip, make the husband drop his demands regarding the holiday house,” Kyungsoo exhaled. “Thought you could take care of the documents, it’s good practice. I wanted it to be ready for when the offices open on Monday and file it first thing in the morning.”

 

“Why the hurry?”

 

Kyungsoo stopped typing. Something that looked like panic threatened to emerge in his eyes though he successfully pushed it back down before Bongcha could notice it. After all, he himself was not sure why he was in such a hurry, and why he had insisted for the girl to come and join him on a weekend.

 

“Mrs Park is getting impatient and I want to be done with her case,” Kyungsoo coughed, trying to hide any awkwardness.

 

“That’s unlike you,” Bongcha commented. “To lose patience.”

 

“Everyone has their limits,” Kyungsoo hummed. “That’s why hurry and become my equal partner rather than working under me. Suffer with me.”

 

“Finally revealing your true

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter