The End of the Dance.

That's Okay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
The End of the Dance.

 

 

“Are you ready for this?” Kyungsoo questioned Kai, giving him a firm stare and eyeing the way he was nervously tapping his fingers against the table.

 

“Do I have much of a choice?” Kai exhaled, noticing the dark eye circles under the attorney’s eyes. “You and Bongcha slaved away over the weekend to get things ready for this meeting. Don’t want your hard work to go to waste.”

 

“Think of it this way,” Kyungsoo tried to reassure the male. “This time they are coming to us, it’s our home ground.”

 

Kai gave a weak nod and turned to look at the two empty chairs next to him. his lips, he inhaled deeply and readied himself for what was to come. Meanwhile, Kyingsoo straightened his tie, standing up from his desk and opening the door of his office.

 

“Sorry to keep you waiting, please come in.”

 

Sitting outside on the sofa was no other than Jennie and her attorney — Mr Im — who had been staring suspiciously at Bongcha the whole time they were waiting for Kyungsoo to let them in. It probably did not help that Jennie had greeted Bongcha with such cheerfulness that left Mr Im feeling rather uncomfortable. Thus, he was more than ecstatic to finally see the door to Kyungsoo’s office open.

 

“Let’s do this then,” Mr Im muttered, giving Jennie a firm pat on her shoulder.

 

“Wish me luck Bongcha,” Jennie chirped as they passed by her desk. “Though I guess that would be a conflict of interest for you.”

 

Giving Jennie a contained smile, Bongcha then gave a polite bow towards Mr Im, not wanting to irk the male  before he went into the meeting with Kyungsoo. Only once the door closed behind them did Bongcha’s face relax.

 

Finally left alone and without intense eyes staring at her, Bongcha slouched in her chair and closed her eyes. She had woken up extra early in the morning to make sure that the lawsuit documents for Mrs Park was filed and processed the moment the relevant office opened. Following that, she had a very lengthy phone call with Mrs Park and her rather obnoxious lawyer who dealt with her family estate side of things.

 

The guy was rather sceptical of Bongcha having been the one handling the matter and accused Kyungsoo of not taking it seriously. Fortunately or unfortunately for him, Bongcha had not yet managed to get her morning coffee when she called them, so she snapped back at him and his rude behaviour, giving him a piece of her mind and highlighting her offence at being underestimated.

 

Bongcha was not yet sure whether it would backfire in the long run and cause dissatisfaction towards their firm from Mrs Park, but when she told Kyungsoo about the matter, he had a good laugh about it, showing his rare heart shaped smile. That was enough to release the tension and anxiousness that had piled on Bongcha’s shoulders, though the sense of ease did not last long once Jennie and her attorney had arrived. It was therefore understandable why she was enjoying this moment of solitude so much.

 

Peace however did not last long, for when Bongcha turned to check her email, she realised that it was already time to go and pick up Aecha. Sighing loudly, Bongcha massaged her shoulders before lightly slapping her cheeks to wake herself up. There was no time to rest for the wicked, and now was no time to let exhaustion take over for she had an energetic and cheerful kindergartener to take care of.

 

・・・

 

“Is it safe for me to assume that there will be no further alterations to the agreements that we have reached today?” Kyungsoo eyed Mr Im with weariness.

 

“Yes.” Mr Im nodded. “This matter has been going on for long enough and neither my client nor yours wish to be under the spotlight for much longer.”

 

“Once this is all settled I’ll be going on holiday off to some island far away,” Jennie sighed, running a hand through her hair. “Escape all this for a while.”

 

“There’s a one month mandatory waiting period after the documents have been filed,” Kyungsoo stated. “So we’d prefer if you waited until the waiting period is over, or at least not go fully off the radar.”

 

“I’m sure my client will do what is best,” Mr Im countered.

 

“Best for both herself and for my client,” Kyungsoo emphasised.

 

Hearing himself being mentioned, Kai shrunk in his seat before realising that he should probably not appear so weak, not when he could finally see the light on the other end of the tunnel. Straightening himself up, Kai cleared his throat and leaned closer to the desk where the divorce papers were laid out.

 

“Is it time to sign then?”

 

“If you are both certain then yes,” the two attorneys said in unison.

 

The unexpected synchronisation took both Kyungsoo and Mr Im by surprise, for it was the first time that had ever happened. It was enough to break the tension that had been filling up the office since the meeting had started and eased the atmosphere ever so slightly. Taking in a deep breath, Kai picked up the pen and signed the dotted lines. He then turned to look at Jennie, who looked surprisingly hesitant as she bit on her lower lip, her hand lingering over the divorce papers.

 

Feeling a sudden rush of adrenaline, Kai reacher over and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter