Stalemate.

That's Okay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Stalemate.

 

 

“Sorry to drag you along.” Kai looked at Bongcha apologetically. “But Sehun insisted on it.”

 

“He’s probably jealous that I’ve been stealing his precious best friend,” Bongcha chuckled.

 

“Nah.” Sehun waved his hand around. “It’s just unfair that Kai has been hanging out with such a beautiful lady behind my back.”

 

“Just ignore him,” Kai huffed, taking out the food that had just been delivered.


They were currently at Kai’s place due to Sehun’s insistence to properly meet and get to know Bongcha. Thus Kai went to pick up Bongcha from the law firm yet again earlier that day, and made sure to give Kyungsoo an energetic and cheerful wave upon their departure.

 

“Seriously, I’ve heard so much about you,” Sehun continued talking. “And I’m still bummed out that I was unable to go to the race.”

 

“You just wanted to be part of that dinner,” Kai grunted.

 

“The one with Jennie?” Bongcha questioned Sehun. “That was quite an unexpected development.”

 

“It sounded like something straight out of a soap opera,” Sehun chortled. “Kai was so stressed out after that dinner. He had nightmares about it.”

 

“Really?” Bongcha mused. “Blame it on Yibo then. He loves entertaining himself through other people’s suffering. That’s why Kyungsoo avoids him like the plague.”

 

“Kyungsoo is the divorce attorney right?” Sehun perked up, suddenly very interested. “What did Yibo do to him? From the photos I’ve see of mr attorney, he doesn’t look like he would get easily scared by someone else.”

 

“Kyungsoo dislikes extreme sports and Yibo has made it his goal to make Kyungsoo ride a bike,” Bongcha explained. “And once Yibo sets his mind on something, he won’t let it go until he succeeds.”

 

“Sounds like the wind trying make a skyscraper fall over,” Sehun snorted.

 

“With enough persistence anything is possible,” Kai mumbled under his breath.

 

“What did you say?” Sehun turned towards his best friend. “Didn’t catch that.”

 

“Nothing.” Kai shook his head before turning towards Bongcha. “You really think that’s the reason why Kyungsoo avoids Yibo?”

 

“Would there be another reason?” Bongcha frowned, confusion in her eyes.

 

“Maybe he feels threatened…?” Kai attempted to say.

 

“Isn’t that the same thing?” Bongcha’s frown deepened.

 

“Not because of the bike but…” Kai’s words trailed off, not sure how much he should say. “Doesn’t matter. How’s work going?”

 

“Nothing exciting happening.” Bongcha shrugged her shoulders. “Just the usual. Joy has been doing an excellent job though. Both Kyungsoo and I are very satisfied with her.”

 

“What’s the deal with you and the attorney?” Sehun quipped, his eyes sharpening at the way Kai subtly flinched at the question. “Any juicy gossip there?”

 

“No.” Bongcha shot down Sehun’s insinuations with just a tiny bit too much urgency. “Nothing between us.”

 

“Is that so,” Sehun hummed, giving Kai a look which the latter male refused to return. “I need to make a phone call for work, you two don’t do anything naughty while I’m away~”

 

Kai rolled his eyes, extending his leg to kick Sehun though the male easily avoided the attack. Giving them a cheerful wave, Sehun stepped out into the balcony to make the phone call. Bongcha remained quiet, simply eating her food. Kai fidgeted around in his seat before finally finding the courage to ask Bongcha the question that had been in his mind the whole time.

 

“There’s been no progress between you and Kyungsoo?”

 

Bongcha paused, taking her time to answer the question.

 

“There’s nothing to make progress on.”

 

“He’s said nothing about us hanging out so much?” Kai kept asking.

 

“No,” Bongcha replied calmly. “He was never one to ask about my personal life. Though he does like to periodically ask me if I regret divorcing Yibo.”

 

“So he does feel threatened by him,” Kai exhaled, staring at Bongcha. “You really don’t see it?”

 

“See what?” Bongcha furrowed her brows tog

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter