Move In

Diamond Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3rd Person POV

It had been 3 days since the party, Yura headed back to her own town. Her parents gave her one week before she had to move in with Yoongi. She decided to go to school to clear out her locker. Soyeon was at the gate, waiting for her. The moment the 2 girls saw each other, they hugged. Yura felt a fresh batch of tears threaten to fall as she embraced her best friend. 

"When is the move?" Soyeon asked. 

"In a week..." Yura looked down sadly. She didn't want to leave Soyeon.

"Cher, please don't be sad. You'll get through this, you're stronger than ever. Sure, we may not be able to see each other every day but we can still visit one another, it's not the end of the world." Soyeon patted her head. They walked into school together, the other students staring at Yura, who was not in her uniform. 

"What are you looking at?" Soyeon barked and they turned away in fright. Yura opened her locker and began to take her things out, arranging them neatly in the box that she had brought along with her. 

"I should go, I'm no longer a student here." Yura said sheepishly, lifting the box up. Soyeon nodded sadly, patting her on the shoulder as Yura walked out. She didn't bring her skateboard with her since she was carrying things. 

"What should I do now?" She asked as she sat on the couch and looked around the living room. 

"I'll go visit." She thought out loud. Standing back up, she wore her shoes and ran out of the house. On the way, Yura got a bouquet of flowers and some fruits that her grandmother would have liked. Taking a deep breath, she walked passed the multiple tombstones until she came before one that sat under a big, shady tree. 

"Halmeoni, I'm here." Yura greeted. 

"I'm moving out in a week. I know as a little girl, I always promised you that I would never leave your side but I don't really have a choice now, do I? You know I would do anything to keep our house." She smiled. 

"Don't worry, I haven't touched anything since you left because I know how you feel when people touch or move your things. For some reason, I was scared you would scold me if I moved anything. We did everything there together. Now, I have to leave for Seoul and get married to some guy. I don't want to leave you all alone." Yura's bottom lip quivered. 

"Please tell me what I should do." Finally, Yura let her tears fall. She sobbed her heart out.

"Halmeoni, I'm scared... What if I don't do well?" 

"Child, you are my granddaughter. What do you mean you won't do well? I've raised you to be strong, are you seriously doubting me?" Yura's grandmother placed her hands on her hips. Yura pursed her lips, shaking her head. 

"Yura, listen to me. You've got this. There's nothing to fear. I know you can do it. And don't you always tell me that I know everything?" She bent down in front of the scared girl. Yura nodded and wrapped her arms around her grandmother's neck. That day, she auditioned for a small role in the Korean National Ballet Company's show. 

It was her first time participating in a major show amongst the seniors. 

"I miss you." Yura smiled through her tears. A butterfly flew over, landing on top of her grandmother's stone to rest. She wiped her tears and stood up, bowing to her grandmother before leaving. 

Over the next few days, Yura visited her grandmother every singly day. She packed up her things into boxes, labelling them accordingly. In a box labelled 'FRAGILE', she placed some of her grandmother's things inside such as photos, memorabilia and a glass figurine that her grandmother gave her after watching her first ballet show. 

DING DONG

"Who is it?" Yura placed the figurine down and headed to the door. She looked through the peephole and was confused as to why these people were showing up, more specifically, how did they know where to find her? 

"Umm... hi? Yoongi's friend's right, why are you guys here?" Yura opened the door to face the 6 boys. Yes, 6 of them. Yura realised that Yoongi was not with his friends, not that she wanted him around. They all gave her small smiles and waves. She first stepped aside to let them in. They all squeezed in her living room, some on the couch, some on the ground.

"We're here to help you move. Yoongi hyung is busy so Mrs Min asked us to come." Hoseok explained. 

"Oh, I see. Thanks for coming all the way." Yura rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly. She ran to the kitchen to grab them each a bottle of water, opting to pour iced coffee for herself. The boys thanked her as she gave them out. 

"That's a lot of coffee." Jimin pointed at her giant mason jar of coffee.

"Oh, this? Umm, I'm used to drinking a lot of coffee since I was younger. I usually drink 2-3 of these a day." She laughed, blushing. The boys looked at her, laughing. Yura tilted her head in confusion. 

"Sorry, we're not laughing at you. It's just... Yoongi hyung might have finally met his match. We have never seen anyone drink as much coffee as him and not die from caffeine poisoning. He lives and breathes coffee, probably drinks coffee more than he drinks water. But I guess it's normal for you as well." Jungkook grinned. 

"Well, these boxes are good to go. There are a couple in my room upstairs." She informed and they nodded, beginning to bring the boxes out to the 3 vans that they had driven to her house. 

"What about this?" Jimin and Jin held up a box. 

"Those are things I need to get rid of." Yura said, running upstairs to finish packing her things. Those that were done, she gave them to the boys to bring downstairs for her. Luckily, there was no need to move big furniture such as cabinets, her bed, dresser and everything. Her mother assured her that the furniture is already prepared in Yoongi's house.

"Okay, all my dance shoes are already in that box. Flats, pointe shoes..." Yura threw all her dance shoes into the open box, making sure that especially, all the coloured ones are there. The coloured ones were all precious gifts or memories from past performances. 

"Anything in there?" Namjoon pointed at the closed door. 

"No." Yura shook her head. Namjoon stared at her for 2 seconds before heading back down. She let out a sigh of relief, walking towards the door. She squeezed the door handle but didn't go in. 

"Ready to go?" Taehyung came up. He looked at Yura, who was just staring at the closed door. Tilting his head, he raised an eyebrow, stuffing his hands into his pockets as he waited for her. She shook her head and turned to him with a forced smile. Not trusting her voice, she just nodded and they went downstairs. 

"These are the last few, let's go." The boys went out, carrying the remaining boxes. Yura wore her backpack, the remaining iced coffee from the fridge in her jar. She looked up at the house with a sma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter