Ball

Diamond Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cher's POV

I woke up earlier than my brother, getting out of bed to wash up and get ready for class. I made sure my dance bag was packed before going downstairs to have some breakfast. The maid was serving my parents their breakfast while I ordered a light sandwich. With the sandwich in my mouth, I poured the cold brew from the fridge into my mug. 

"Where are you going?" My father asked me.

"My company knew I would be in Seoul for a while so they asked if I would help teach a class today since the teacher is absent and they need a substitute. It's down season anyway so there are no shows to prepare for." I explained. 

"Good." He nodded his head and continued eating. My brother came down and had his breakfast before grabbing his car keys to leave. I bid my parents goodbye and left with him in his yellow Mclaren. As he drove, I continued to drink my coffee, trying to zen out. I was nervous since I have never taught a ballet class before.

"Don't kill the kids." My brother wished me when we arrived. 

"I'm not you, I don't kill people." I scoffed but still leaned over to give him a hug and got out of the car. I entered the academy and scanned my ID tag. The staff and dancers there recognised me and immediately greeted me. 

"Nice to see you back in Seoul." The teachers all gave me welcoming hugs. I went to the locker room to put my bag down and get ready, putting my shoes on.

"Yura! You're back!" I turned around to see my senior, Kim Jiyoung. She was one of the older principal dancers in the company and was very well respected by her juniors. Even though I didn't train in Seoul, I knew I could still count on her for any dance advice that I needed. She was so close to me that she actually attended halmeoni's funeral when she passed.

"Sunbae! It's you. Yes, I am back for a while. You look great, how have you been?" I hugged her. She wrapped her arms around me, squeezing me and laughing. 

"I have been good, I just returned from Amsterdam two days ago after doing a guest class at the academy there. You look great too, I hope you're coping well. I saw that you're helping teach a class today, thanks for helping out. Let's walk." She invited and I nodded, grabbing my things. We continued chatting until I came before my destination.

"Good luck." She gigggled and I bowed, entering the classroom. I put my things in the corner and plugged my iPod into the stereo system. Soon, there was the sound of children's voices. I smiled, waving to them. 

"You're Miss Yura Nakamoto! You're the new principal dancer. We saw your picture outside." The little girls pointed at me, gasping. 

"Ah... I didn't know I have a picture out there. You don't have to call me Miss Nakamoto, just Yura will do. Today, Mrs Im isn't around so I will be teaching you. Please take care of me." I bowed and they laughed, running to put their bags down. 

"Let's start at the barre and do the usual warm up." I started the music and they did their warm up routine. Standing in the middle barre, I did it along with them to warm up as well. After that, I ran through some barre routines with them and let them do it themselves with the music while I went around to check on them. 

"Make sure your foot is turned out. Strong arms." I clapped. 

"Shoulders back, close your rib cage. I want you to feel as though a string is constantly pulling you up! Up!" I adjusted their positions, following them through some steps. Before moving to centre work, we did some stretching together. 

"Fifth position! And down, touch your toes! I just want you to try your best!" I chuckled, helping to push them down gently then doing the stretches myself. We counted together then moved on to the next stretch, which was split. Some girls could do it while some still struggled to go all the way down. I helped them slightly, being careful not to hurt them. 

"Good job, all of you." We continued stretching. 

"Stand in your rows for centre. Watch me." I said and did the first part of the demonstration slowly, counting aloud. After that, I let them try without music and just counts. They were able to follow along really well. 

"At this part with leg up at the back and arabesque, when doing it, I want you to take note of your lines. See what I'm doing with my arms? Extend your arm but don't lock your elbow. Your body shouldn't be bending too low too. Everyone show me." I said and they showed me. 

"All of you look like pretty ballerinas." I clapped and they giggled. They continued learning the routine with my corrections and we were able to practice with music. Once they got the hang of it, I stood in front and told them to do it row by row so I could focus on a fewer number of students at a time and give them corrections. 

"During your turns, some of you aren't balancing because you're not engaging your core. Hold everything upright, tighten your core and you should be able to turn without falling over." I demonstrated. 

"You're so pretty, Yura sunbae." They said in awe. 

"Aww, you guys are pretty too. Let's move onto jumps. With your arms in first, we'll go 4 sautés in first *demonstrates*, then changement 4 times *demonstrates*, small jeté to the right *demonstrates* and repeat. Make sure to keep your arms steady and engage your core." I talked to them through the mirror and turned around. Then I played the music. 

"Turn out your feet! Good job!" I continued to shout out each step in case they forgot. 

3rd Person POV

Yoongi groaned in annoyance as he dragged his feet to his car. He didn't want to leave the house but he knew he had to because his mother expected him to pick Yura up from the dance academy to go collect their outfits. With his container of ice coffee in his hand, he adjusted his fringe in the mirror before pulling out of the car park. 

"I swear." He cursed and arrived at the dance academy. That was when he realised that he didn't have Yura's number so he couldn't call her. Yoongi knew he had no choice but to enter the academy. He walked up to the entrance.

"Uh, hi? I'm looking for Yura Nakamoto." He asked the person in front. 

"Are you a dancer here?" The receptionist asked, raising an eyebrow at Yoongi. Obviously Yoongi didn't really have a dancer's physique.

"What?! No. Of course, I'm not. I'm just here to pick her up. Where is she?" Yoongi frowned. Before he could argue, a lady that was actually exiting the academy stopped and approached him. Judging by the way the receptionist bowed and greeted her, Yoongi guessed that she must be a big deal around here. 

"You're looking for Yura? I can take you to her." She offered with a smile. Yoongi gave her a suspicious look. He sighed, this strange lady was his only way in so he nodded, walking into the academy with her. 

"Are you her boyfriend? I've never heard her mention you before." She asked as they walked.

"I'm not and I don't think it's any of your business when you haven't even told me who you are yet." Yoongi said rather rudely. They walked down the halls and Yoongi looked at the portraits of the principal dancers. His eyes widened when he saw a picture of a dancer then looked at the lady that was leading him. She was one of the senior principal dancers.

"Kim Jiyoung. I'm Yura's senior." She introduced and Yoongi gave a curt nod. His eyes continued scanning the pictures until he found one of his 'fiance' Her photo looked the newest and she was smiling while posing with a white dress. 

"We're here. I think her class should be ending soon." Jiyoung said. 

"Thank you, Jiyoung sshi. I'm Yoongi." Yoongi bowe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter