Teaching

Diamond Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3rd Person POV

Yoongi was lounging in the living room with the boys while Yura was in her room. Even if Yura told them that costumers were coming today, they didn't really care and just came to chill. Yoongi's wound was healing nicely, Seokjin has been checking up on it regularly. The doorbell rang and Yura ran to answer it. 

"Ms Nakamoto." The head costumer, Mrs Song, greeted her with a hug. 

"Mrs Song, Ms Go, thank you for coming down all the way. Sorry for the inconvenience." Yura bowed her head apologetically. Yoongi snorted when he heard Yura apologising. The other boys watched curiously as they went to the piano area. 

"I sent you the list of coloured pointe shoes to go with each costume. Do you have them?" Mrs Song asked. Yura nodded her head and ran upstairs as Mrs Song and Ms Go set up the area, which a small foldable platform for Yura to stand on as she tried on costumes. She came down with all different coloured pointe shoes in her arms.

"Pas de deux is white, Nutcracker Waltz of the Flowers is skin, Nutcracker Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy is pink, Swan Lake Odile solo is black, Alice in Wonderland Solo is blue, right?" She laid them out.  

"Let's fit your older costumes first." Ms Go helped Yura with the dress. Yura wore it with her pointe shoes. 

"Noona is so pretty." Jungkook said, peeking over the couch as Yura tested doing a spin in the costume. Her Waltz of the Flowers dewdrop costume was skin coloured with a small skirt. At that comment, Yoongi kicked Jungkook. 

"This is the original costume you wore but we will be adding small rhinestones along the bodice here so it's shine. Hopefully, it'll give the effect of a real dewdrop. The headpiece will also be changed to look more tiara like, a little shorter than the original." Mrs Song explained, showing Yura where the future rhinestones would be. 

"I look forward to that." Yura gave a thumbs up. Soon, the other boys, except Yoongi, were secretly peeking at the entire costuming process. For the months that they knew Yura, they have never seen her like this before. 

"Alright, let's see Alice in Wonderland. We have your original and a new one. Headmaster thought that since it isn't a full show, you won't have to actually dress as Alice. Just wear blue and dance." Mrs Song informed and Ms Go took two costumes out. 

(Original)  (New)

"It's up to you." Ms Go nodded. 

"Get the new one!" Yura heard someone say from the living room area and immediately blushed, realising the boys were watching the whole process. Mrs Song and Ms Go chuckled. Yura excused herself and went to the boys. Yoongi finally looked up and he tried his best to hide his shock. 

"Do you really like this one better?" She asked the boys. 

"You'll look good in anything, Yura." Yoongi frowned, not liking how the boys were staring at Yura with weird looks. His words left everyone speechless. Did he just... compliment her? 

"O-Okay." Yura stuttered and ran back to the costumers. She picked the new dress and they moved on the other costumes. 

"We're not doing any changes to this. Unless you need tightening or loosening anywhere." Mrs Song said. 

"It's fine. Feels the same, no need to adjust anything." Yura smiled, stretching her arms and waist just to be sure that it fit properly. The pink and gold of the costume matched well with the baby pink of her pointe shoes. 

"Okay, next is Odile from Swan Lake." 

"Let me get you guys a drink." Yura ran to the kitchen but bumped into someone. It was Yoongi. He stared at her in the black tutu and black pointe shoes. Now, he actually got a good look at her in her costume. Yura squirmed uncomfortably under his gaze. She kept her head low and grabbed two bottles of water from the fridge. 

"Yoon-" He cut her off by pressing his lips against hers.

"Yoongi." She whimpered, pushing his chest lightly. Yoongi pulled away, his bottom lip. Embarrassed, Yura ran back to the costumers, leaving Yoongi there. She felt warm and light-headed. 

"You okay?' Ms Go chuckled. Yura didn't trust her voice so she just nodded. They proceeded to remove that and try on the last costume, which was the new pas de deux dress. Yura wore her white pointe shoes and slipped on the dress. 

"The same with the dewdrop, we will be adding glitter or rhinestones to the top part here. The headpiece has not been decided yet." Mrs Song scribbled down some stuff on her clipboard. Yura looked at her reflection and did a turn, watching as the flowy skirt fanned out and fall back nicely when she landed. She was in love with it. 

"It's so pretty. I love it." She hugged Mrs Song. Even without the finishing touches, it was beautiful. After that, they finished up and Ms Go packed everything in the bags. Yura walked them to the door. 

"Do you need anything?" Yura asked Yoongi, who didn't even look at her and just wave her off. She nodded and went to keep her stuff. Taehyung saw Yura go into the kitchen while tying her hair and followed her. 

"What are you doing?" He asked curiously. 

"I'm gonna make cookies." She replied, taking the ingredients and appliances out. Taehyung decided to sit down at the bar counter and watch her, even help her if she would allow him. Yura checked the recipe on her iPad. As she waited for the butter to get a little soft, she poured herself a big jug of coffee, sticking her metal straw in there. 

"Do you always have so many things to do before a show?" Taehyung asked. 

"That's not really counted as many things. Closer to the actual show is when it gets busier. We'll need to do full stage runs then full dress rehearsals and stuff." Yura chuckled, measuring the flour. 

"Can you help me cream the butter and the sugar while I sift the dry ingredients?" Yura asked him and he nodded with a big smile. She placed the mixing bowl with softened butter in there, as well as bowls of measured brown sugar and white sugar. Taehyung began to slowly cream the sugars in bit by bit while she sifted all the dry ingredients together. 

"Noona!" Jungkook bounced over and saw Yura and Taehyung. He pointed at them with a smile. 

"Baking?" He grinned. They nodded their heads.

"I wanna help!" Jungkook whined, coming over. Yura nodded and left him crack the eggs into the bowl. She instructed him to add the eggs one at a time while Taehyung mixed. Once that was mixed, she spooned the dry ingredients in while Taehyung continued the mixing. All that was left as to add the chocolate chips. 

"I wanna do it!" Jungkook raised his hand and Yura handed him the bag. He giggled and poured in the chocolate chips. Taehyung and Jungkook each got their own tray to put the dough onto. 

"Are you guys hungry?" She asked the two that were squatting in front of the oven. 

"I'm always hungry, noona." Jungkook grinned. Yura decided to make some kimbap for everyone. Jimin came to join the other two to help as well. He made the fried eggs while she made the pork belly for the pork belly kimbap. Jungkook sliced the vegetable while Taehyung cooked the rice since that was the only thing he could help with. 

"Taehyung and Namjoon hyung are the worse cooks." Jimin said from beside her, earning a glare from Taehyung. 

"Well, I think he's doing a good job." Yura smiled. 

"See? I am a good cook." Taehyung scoffed at Jimin. Yura laughed and placed all the cooked pork belly on the plate. The boys stole pieces here and there but she kept some aside for Yoongi to eat in case he didn't want kimbap. 

"I actually have practice after this for my duet so I have to go down to the studio. Are you guys going to stay here?" Yura asked and they nodded their heads. Good, that means they can watch Yoongi. When all the ingredients were laid out, they all made the kimbap. The boys

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter