Persuasion

Diamond Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoongi's POV

To say that I was angry would be a huge understatement. I knew my parents were acting too suspicious this morning, especially my mother. However, I definitely did not expect them to spring on the idea of an arranged marriage to me. 

I knew Yuta and the Nakamoto Group. We have met before at gatherings and gala events. I also knew that the Nakamoto Group has high ranks in Japan, they have been an established yakuza clan for many years. No doubt that if the Nakamoto Group merges with the Min Group, we would have a lot of power and no one would ever be able to stop us.

"Yoongi?" My mother poked her head into my office. I turned around and gave a nod for her to come in. 

"Dear, I know you weren't expecting what happened today but I would really like for you to think about it. There is nothing I want more than to see you happy, with a family of your own to share your burden with." She my head. 

"Omma, I honestly don't have time for a family. And honestly, do you really think I will fall in love with some girl?" I scoffed, sitting next to her on the couch. 

"Min Yoongi, if your father had no time for a family, you wouldn't even be here. So don't give me that excuse. If you wanna make me happy, you will go through with this. You never know what might happen, Yura is a nice girl with a lot of charms." She winked at me. My mother knew exactly how to push me into a corner with guilt. 

"Plus, you know that it's your duty as the next chief." She added. 

"But why her? I honestly don't think it's only for business as appa puts it." I crossed my arms. 

"Business, yes but of course there are other reasons. I've known Yura's mother since we have been in the ballet company together. We're both worried our children are too stubborn to find a partner and start a family. Yura is independent and if I'm being honest, she reminds me of you." She shrugged and I rolled my eyes.

"So, please?" She looked at me, full of hope.

"Fine, for you and the Min Group." I said reluctantly. 

"That's my son. We'll see you tomorrow." Smiling, she kissed my cheek and stood up, leaving the office. I sighed and leaned back to lie down on the couch. Feeling a headache coming, I poured myself a glass of single malt whiskey and walked out of my office. The moment I went downstairs, I saw my gang huddled in my living room, playing their video games.

"What are you guys doing here?" I downed the last of my drink, leaving the empty glass on the table. 

"We were supposed to have a meeting but you had an appointment with your parents. So you told us to have the meeting after." Jimin replied, jamming the button on the remote to beat Jungkook. My gang did not live with me but they were here most of the time. 

"Well, there's a dinner event tomorrow that we are all required to attend." I told them. Soon, 6 heads were turned to me in suspicion. I stared back at them, leaning back against the sofa. My phone beeped and I looked at it, letting out a groan. 

"I swear, I don't even have time to catch my breath. We have to go now." I announced and the boys immediately turned the game off, knowing I don't joke about work-related things. Grabbing my jacket, I slipped it on as we walked out the door. We were split into 2 cars, Seokjin and Namjoon being the respective drivers. 

"I'm sure they are here. I got an alert that the trip sensor Hoseok put in place was activated." I told them. We stopped before the cover warehouse, those gangs always fall for our fake hideout trick. 

BANG!

Jungkook kicked the door down. The group of guys that were standing in the middle of the warehouse turned to us. Immediately, their guns were drawn and they began randomly firing at us. The 7 of us split up, ducking behind the boxes and containers that were there. I took my gun out, cocking it into place. From my point, I could see Jimin holding his dagger. 

"Now!" I shouted to him and Jimin jumped out. He tackled the surprised perp to the ground, slicing his throat open. Jimin gave me a thumbs up and I continued to make my way around. I came face to face with that guy I remembered as the most fierce. 

"You fell right into our trap." I smirked. 

"Min Suga. I'm gonna show everyone what a weakling you really are." He chortled, charging at me. I did the same but before he could land a hit on me, I jumped over him, shooting him in the back of the head. 

"I was expecting a lot more, that was boring." I yawned, stepping on his back before walking away. Under my foot, I heard the audible crack of his spine. I saw Jungkook in hand combat with another one of the guys. That kid was way too strong. He could easily break bones with his fists. Namjoon held the leader in a headlock. 

"Your gang is dead. There is nowhere else you can go." Namjoon kicked him in the back, making him fall to his knees. The 6 other members stood in front of him, staring him down. 

"Usually, we let people off with a warning. But today, I'm in a bad mood. So, Namjoon." I nodded at the other. Namjoon pressed the pistol between the leader's eyebrows and pulled the trigger. Blood was everywhere.

"I'll get someone to come clean this up." Jin took his phone out and called those lower ranked goons to clear the bodies and blood. After that was done, we left and the boys dropped me home before going back to their own houses. 

"Coffee. Coffee. Coffee." I chanted, making a big Americano and dumping ice in there. Sipping the cold drink, I went upstairs to my office. 

"Finally, some peace and quiet." I removed my jacket and tie, falling face first onto the couch. My phone beeped, signalling a new message. I groaned, lifting it slightly to get a preview of the message. It was from my mother, telling me to pick up my suit, that she already ordered for me, for the party tomorrow. 

'Please bring Yura with you as well. Her mother ordered a dress for her as well. - Mom'

'Her mother said that she would be at the Korean National Ballet centre teaching a class so you can pick her up from there and make your appointment. Please try to talk and get to know one another. - Mom'

When I read that, I threw my phone back down. My mother was really going above and beyond to try to get me to like this girl. Sure, she looked rather decent and she had the achievement of being a principal dancer the national ballet company but other than that, nothing else about her really caught my eye.

'The meeting didn't happen but I still had things to discuss. I will be emailing all of you the agenda that I originally planned. G

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter