Alone

Diamond Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cher's POV

"I'm going." I told Yoongi, who was sitting on the couch, back facing me. Taehyung was supposed to follow me today. 

"Let's go." Yoongi grabbed his keys. 

"But-"

"Taehyung is busy so I'm taking you today. Is there a problem?" He raised an eyebrow at me. I pursed my lips, shaking my head. We walked side by side to the car. I guess we will be taking his G-Wagon today. I climbed into the passenger seat as he started the car. It was just too awkward. We may be sitting next to each other but the distance felt like miles. 

"Stop that." He suddenly said. 

"Huh?" I lifted my head at his sudden words.

"Stop thinking so much. It's giving me a headache." He growled lowly. I rolled my eyes, looking out the window. In some way, whatever I did, Yoongi would always find fault in it or say that it annoys him in some way. At this point, I was over it. He tries to hurt me with his comments but it doesn't work anymore. 

"You didn't have to come with me if you didn't want to." I crossed my arms. 

"I'm not going to have this conversation with you right now, Yura." He said, still focusing on the road. When he pulled up, we got out and walked up to the receptionist. I signed Yoongi in. 

"Just wait here." I mumbled and entered the locker room. I removed my sweatpants and hoodie, which the same one I stole from Yoongi last time and never bothered to return. He never bugged me about it again so I guess he forgot about it. 

"Yura! Yura! Your dance partner is here!" One of my dance mates ran to me just when I was walking out of the room. Yoongi stood beside me, looking at her in slight interest as he listened to what she had to say. 

"I saw your dance partner just as I was coming in with his manager. It's definitely him! Oh, he's an absolute dream in real life. It's hard not to fall in love at first sight. Maybe you have a shot, you lucky girl!" She rambled and I was still confused at who was my partner. She giggled and just ran off to look at my mysterious dance partner. 

"I didn't hear the boys mentioning a dance partner." Yoongi grumbled. 

"I didn't think you cared. It's just a dance anyway, I still don't know who he is. It will be my first time meeting him." I shrugged as we walked towards the studio. 

"Any man would want to know if some stranger is going to be putting their hands on his woman, Yura." He backed me against a wall. I let out a yelp of surprise as he looked down at me, smirking. Luckily, there was no one here now or I would surely get reported for indecent behaviour, especially since I was a principal dancer. 

"I-It's just a dance, Yoongi." I put my hands on his chest. 

"Better be." He stared into my eyes. Suddenly, he leaned down and pressed his lips against mine. This was happening once again. Min Yoongi was teasing me and making a fool out of me. And the sh*t thing was that I was letting him. 

"Stop." I whimpered, squeezing his wrist. He pulled away with a smirk and his lips. Flustered, I ran into the studio with him following behind me. 

"Yura, I'm sure you heard that your partner is coming in today. He seemed to cause quite a ruckus with his arrival." My instructor, who I came to know as Mr Kim. I nodded, laughing with him. Yoongi bowed to him and took a seat in the corner. I began warming up a bit at the barre, stretching and doing some jumps to make sure my muscles are warmed up. 

"Sorry we're late!" The door opened and finally, my mysterious dance partner appeared.

He waved and bowed. I blinked at him. I have seen his face somewhere before but I just can't put my finger on it. He came up to me with a smile and held his hand out with a friendly smile. 

"Hajimemae. (Nice to meet you) I'm EXO's Kai." He greeted in Japanese. My eyes widened at the sudden change in language and I immediately shook hands with him. Was he Japanese? He didn't really look it. But Kai is kind of a Japanese name. And EXO? I think I have heard of them before somewhere, I wasn't really into Korean music. 

"I'm Min Yura. Nice to meet you." I replied. 

"Min? You're Korean? So you know Korean? I thought your name was Nakamoto." Kai's eyes widened in shock, changing to Korean. 

"Ah, yes. Nakamoto is my maiden name. And I understand Korean. My mother is Korean and I have been living in Korea." I explained and he nodded his head in understanding, bowing in apology. His eyes caught my wedding ring and I suddenly felt self conscious. Also, the fact that I met eyes with Yoongi, in the mirror. He did not look happy. 

3rd Person POV

Kai needed some help with the dance practice since he had not been to a formal ballet class for years. Yoongi was keeping a hawk's eye on them as they practised. If Kai had any funny ideas to try and take advantage of Yura, he would step in. 

"Sorry, I guess using my hyung as a practice was not good enough." Kai bowed in apology. 

"It's alright. We can try again." Yura smiled and the teacher had to be there to show Kai how to support Yura properly. While he turned, he would have to put his hands on her waist. That action made Yoongi seize up. He hadn't even got that much kinship with Yura and here was some strange guy, holding her and touching her. 

"Up! Stronger!" The teacher clapped as they did their routine together. Yoongi had never seen Yura so serious before. The way she took in Mr Kim's corrections and frowned when she couldn't get steps right.

"Alright, this part needs work. You two need to be synchronised. 5, 6, 7, 8 is up with arms in the fifth position." He said and they did it. 

"1, 2, 3 is Yura stepping back with her right foot and Kai going the opposite way, arms in arabesque. Hold 5, 6, 7, 8. 1, 2, 3, 4, Yura step towards the right and Kai towards the left. You guys need to make sure you step and leap far enough to be able to cross one another this way." He pointed in the directions and Yura jumped while Mr Kim had to help Kai. 

"That's good. We can move on. Now, Yura will do a vertical développé and Kai, you will support her. Hold her hand while you lean back like this." He demonstrated and Kai followed. Yura did the développé while holding Kai's hand. 

"Great! Let's take it from the top." The music was played and they did it together. 

"I think that's good progress for today. We just have some minor things to work on and the timing. But good job, the both of you." Mr Kim said to them. Yura and Kai bowed to the teacher, who left first.

"Actually, Yura sshi. If it's okay with you and you have the time, can we run it one more time?" Kai asked and Yura checked the clock, nodding her head. Yoongi crossed his arms, just wanting this to be over already. He watched them practice it one more time before Kai's manager called him to leave for another schedule. 

"Thank you so much for your help. Sorry if I slowed you down." He shook Yura's hand, bowing. Yura smiled back, patting his shoulder. Once he left, Yura laid on the ground tiredly. Yoongi stood up, walking to the piano. He sat down and began to play.

"What?" Yura turne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter