Disaster

Diamond Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cher's POV

It was one of those days where I had a break from practice. I was in the kitchen, drinking my cold brew happily. Yoongi had left for work earlier. Ever since we got back from the warehouse, we were back to that stage of ignoring each other and only meeting during meals. Well, it was more of me trying my best to avoid him since I didn't want him to snap at me. 

BANG!

The front door slamming open made me jump. I ran out to see Yoongi stumble in alone. Before I could get closer, he fell on the ground, making me almost shriek in shock. I hurried to him to see his hand, holding his side, which was stained red. 

"Y-Yoongi?! What happened?" I panicked, looking at the blood. 

"What do you think?! I got shot!" He sneered angrily at me before cursing in pain. I knew how to treat minor injuries but I have never treated a gunshot wound before. That was when I remembered Seokjin was the medic of the group. I quickly took my phone out from my pocket and dialled his number, pressing the phone to my ear. 

"Yura?"

"Y-Yoongi was shot! Pl-Please help!" I cried.

"Yura, calm down, we're coming. Tell me where he was shot."

"On his side? I think it's at his rib? I don't know, there's just so much blood. Oh god, Seokjin." I covered my mouth as Yoongi withered in pain right in front of me. 

"We're on the way, Yura. You have to help him until I get there. Use something to press against the wound to try and slow down the bleeding. Talk to him, don't let him fall asleep or go unconscious." 

"O-Okay." I sobbed. 

"Focus, Yura. You're the one that needs to help Yoongi now." 

He hung up. I moved closer to Yoongi, placing his head in my lap. There was no cloth nearby so I opted for removing my shirt and pressing it against his side. Thank God I was wearing a sports bra underneath. As I applied the pressure, Yoongi cursed and shouted at me but I think my sobs were louder than his insults. 

"They're on their way... Yoongi?" I shook him lightly when he went quiet all of a sudden. Alarm bells went off in my head when I peeked down to see that his eyes were closed.

"Y-Yoongi? Yoongi? Please wake up, don't sleep." I called him and shook him a few more times until he groaned and woke up.

"So, getting shot is what it took to make you start talking to me again." He chuckled bitterly. 

"I just didn't want to upset you. You don't like me anyway." I used my clean hand to wipe my tears, preventing them from falling on Yoongi's cheek. He was dying here and this was what he wanted to talk about? But I guess, whatever I had to do to keep him awake. Every now and then, he would wince in pain and curse at the boys for taking so long. 

"When has upsetting me ever worried you? You're seriously so weak, Yura. I told you that you can't be weak, you have to be tough and strong. So what if I don't like you? If that bothered you, you could have left the house." He scoffed. 

"Can we talk about something else? Not when you're dying in my lap." I cried. 

"I'm not dying, you won't get rid of me so easily." He groaned. 

"You're bleeding so much..." 

"I've been shot before Yura so don't cry." He actually reached up to wipe my tears. Finally, I heard footsteps and the door open. 

"Boys, the dining table." Seokjin went in first. I saw him lay out plastic tarps all over the dining table as Taehyung and Jungkook carried Yoongi from my lap. They brought him over and laid him down. I ran over as well, silently crying as Seokjin took out the medical tools from his bag and Hoseok help him. 

"Uh, Yura?" Jimin's voice broke my concentration. He handed me a hoodie and I looked down, remembering that I was still in only a sports bra. I blushed slightly, slipping the hoodie over my head. 

"Jungkook, hold him down while I see the wound. Yura and Hoseok, find lots of towels and get me a bucket of water." Seokjin ordered. I stood rooted in my spot, not wanting to leave Yoongi's side. Jungkook went to hold his shoulders down. 

"Yura, let's go. We'll be back." Hoseok grabbed my wrist. We ran to the kitchen and got everything Seokjin needed, hurrying back to him. That was when I realised that Seokjin was doing all of this without anaesthesia. The first thing he did was hook Yoongi up to a blood pack for transfusion before working to locate the bullet. 

"We can't do anaesthesia because I can't determine how much will kill him." Seokjin seemed to read my mind. 

"Take a deep breath, Yoongi." Seokjin said before digging the tweezers into his wounds to try and get the bullet out. Such colourful words came out of Yoongi's mouth as he thrashed in pain, some I haven't even heard of before. 

"Yura, calm down. You're going blue." Namjoon pointed out from the side. That was when I realised that I wasn't even breathing and was just holding my breath. I let out the air I was holding and inhaled again. 

"You guys need to stop telling me to calm down! Shut up and just fix him! Then I'll calm down." I snapped at them and the boys went quiet, except for Yoongi, who was still making noises of pain. I stepped up and took a clean, cool towel to wipe the sweat off his forehead. He stared back at me with hooded eyes but no tears. 

"Here, noona." Jungkook grabbed a chair for me to sit down right in front of Yoongi. I moved his dark grey hair so it wouldn't irritate his eyes. Seokjin was getting ready to stitch him up. Seeing the needle made me feel nauseous. 

"Hey." Yoongi called, making me look at him through my tears. 

"I'm used to this. Don't worry." He assured, putting his hand out towards me. I quickly held on, making sure not to squeeze too tight since there was still an IV needle in his arm. My shoulders shook as I looked down to sob, not wanting him to see me cry anymore. He was the one injured yet he had to be the one to keep me from going insane. I could feel his fingers toy with my ring.

"Sh*t." Yoongi grimaced as Seokjin stitched him up.

"Bring him up. Might wanna get him some water, Yura." Seokjin said as he finished. The boys helped Yoongi to his room while I went to get him a cup of cold water. I stopped in front of the door, remembering the first warning Yoongi gave me when I came here. 

*KNOCK KNOCK*

"She's not coming in here." 

"Yoongi, don't be ridiculous." I heard voices. The door crept open and Taehyung's head popped out. He sent me an apologetic look as I handed him the glass, cheeks warming up in embarrassment. With a sigh, I went to take a shower to sc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter