Run

Diamond Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cher's POV

Ever since that incident, Yoongi has been more... Tolerant towards me. But at the same time, he would disappear for long hours during the day, waking up before I did and coming back after I slept. Yes, he had also let me start sleeping in his room with him. My mind couldn't help but wonder where he was going or who he was with. 

"Yura?" Jimin's voice broke me out of my trance. Turning my head, he held up a glass of red wine to me. I smiled gratefully and took it. The evening air was nice and cool as it blew against me. 

"You okay?" He asked. 

"I should be asking you that." I chuckled, nodding over to his black eye. Yoongi came home angry the other day and of course, he beat up the guys. Jimin let out a light laugh and touched the top of my head, ruffling my hair. I clinked glasses with him and raised the glass to my lips. Yoongi hadn't let me leave the house on my own yet. 

"When will I ever get my freedom back?" I groaned. 

"You're still free to go where you want to go." Jimin raised an eyebrow. 

"Well, I would like do some things on my own. I had to bring Namjoon to get tampons and Seokjin to get new underwear." I scowled. He burst out laughing and we headed back inside. I went to heat up Yoongi's dinner when I heard the front door open.

"Hi, hyung. Bye Yura!" Jimin shouted. I peeked my head out and waved at him. Yoongi went up to his room and came back down in his house clothes, drying his wet hair with a towel. I poured Yoongi a glass of wine from the bottle Jimin opened, refilling my glass at the same time, then sat down next to him. 

"I have been talking to the boys, you're gonna start training. I will try to train you myself most of the time but if I'm busy, the boys will teach you." He said, putting a piece of chicken into his mouth. 

"Training?"

"Yeah, Yura. I can't have the boys babysitting you all the time. You need to learn how to fight back if someone comes for you when you're alone." He scoffed. I looked away, biting my lip, knowing that me saying anything in retaliation would just make him angry with me again. I opened my mouth but shut it. He stopped chewing raising an eyebrow at me. 

"What is it, Yura? Spit it out." He sneered slightly. 

"Nothing... I'll train." I nodded. I knew that speaking my mind about not wanting to train would just make him angrier. My parents promised me I would have to do no such thing related to the underworld but I guess I am under Yoongi's authority now.

"I wasn't asking if you wanted to, in the first place." He rolled his eyes. After dinner, I did the dishes and we sat in the living room. Yoongi watched his basketball game while I sat on the other couch, swirling the remaining wine in my cup. There were a lot of thoughts swimming in my mind. A part of me wanted to confront him.

"Are you busy tomorrow?" I asked. Yoongi didn't turn away from his game but clicked his tongue in annoyance at my interruption. He shook his head in response, sipping from his wine glass. 

"Can I go to my grandmother's grave then?" I continued. 

"Okay." He gave a one word answer and focused back on his game. Finishing my wine, I left my cup in the kitchen and went upstairs. I took a shower and changed into my pyjamas. Alone, I laid on the bed, thinking. Yoongi came in and headed straight for the washroom. 

"What's with you?" Yoongi stood next to the bed, removing the chains from his wrist and putting it on the small tray by his nightstand. I pushed myself to sit up and met eyes with him. 

"Yoongi, that night during the performance, did you really not care to see me that you were hanging out with Solar? Is that why you have been missing for long periods of time the past few days? Have you been with her?" I asked. Yoongi stopped and I knew that was his reply to my questions. Unknowingly, tears filled my eyes, blurring my vision. 

"I'm sorry I'm in the way then." I whispered and slipped out of bed, running back to my own room. 

3rd Person POV

Yura hardly slept a wink that night. It felt weird sleeping alone again. It felt cold. But at the same time, she didn't know why the thought of Yoongi hanging out with other women hurt her. This was a contract marriage. They were brought together only to make their families stronger, that was it. There were no feelings. 

"Aish." She cursed when she turned to see that it was only 6 am. Getting up from bed, she went downstairs to pour herself some coffee. The aroma immediately calmed her nerves as she sat on one of the lawn chairs in the balcony. 

'Going out for a run. - Yura'

She left Yoongi a note before she got her running gear and left the house. The fresh air felt nice and cooling. It had been a while since she was able to spend some time on her own and she was definitely going to enjoy her deserved peace and quiet. 

"What the..." Yoongi cursed when he saw held Yura's note in his hand. He was fuming, he had told her countless times that she couldn't leave without telling him directly or having a guard with her. It was dangerous for her to be out alone, especially since she doesn't even know how to defend herself. Perhaps, he was also angry with what happened.

"I'm home." The door finally opened. Yura stepped in with a bag of pastries and coffee. She was about to brush pst him when he grabbed her forearm to hold her back.

"Sit. We need to talk." Yoongi growled.  She obeyed, sitting on the couch.

"What the hell, Yura?! I told you that you can't leave the house alone. It's not safe out there. Do you want to be kidnapped and tortured? I can't always be looking after you because you decide to disobey me and act irresponsibly. You get kidnapped, I'll be the one that has to track you down and recuse you. Do you even think before you act?" Yoongi fumed.

"It's just a run, Yoongi. You're over reacting." Yura was getting ticked off as well. She was a human, she was an adult. She had every right to do what she wanted and didn't need to always obey Yoongi.

"Over reacting?"

"Yeah! I have no more freedom, Yoongi. You have no right to make me feel trapped in my own home. And I certainly don't need to be followed every where! I feel so suffocated while you're out there, hanging out with other women!" She shouted.

"You better watch your tone, Yura. And what the was that, last night? Who do you think you are to interrogate me about what I do outside? If I want to hang out with Solar or any other woman, that's my business. Yeah, I missed your performances that night, it's no big deal. You'll perform again. Stop holding onto the past." Yoongi glared. 

"No big deal?! Then you shouldn't have bothered showing up at the end then!" 

"Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have. Then I wouldn't have had to bust my and speed all the way to find you because you decided to just drop everything and go MIA on us!" Yoongi said. 

"And you just have to be so jealous that you think every time I'm out of the house, I am flirting and hanging out with other women. Grow up, Yura. I'm not wasting time. I still work and earn money." He continued.

"I'm not jealous." Yura folded her arms and looked away. 

"Look at you. I already told you when I met you. Don't fall in love, Yura. I don't love. Don't expect a fairytale ending where I return your feelings just because you're vulnerable and pitiful. Life do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter