Distant

Diamond Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cher's POV

I cried myself to sleep. My cheek was throbbing and aching the whole night but I wasn't about to go out. How could I have allowed him to hit me and insult me again? And honestly, I don't even know what I did wrong to be his punching bag. As I laid on the bed, I remembered what Taehyung had told me in the car when he picked me up from the club. 

"Listen, Yura. Just know that Suga hyung is very angry so when you get in there, he may not be able to control his anger. Whatever he says, he's just angry. Don't blame yourself, okay?"

So that was what he meant. But even with his prior warning, I still couldn't mentally prepare myself for what was to come. I still had rehearsals and I had to find a way to try and hide my cheek. There were light marks on my neck as well. 

"Damn you, Min Yoongi." I cursed under my breath. There was no choice but to wear a leotard with a turtle neck. As for my cheek, I would just have to wear a mask and lie that I was falling ill. Putting everything together with my dance bag for me to change later, I went downstairs to make some breakfast.

"Noona?" Jungkook was downstairs.

"Did you guys stay the night?" I whispered since the others were sleeping. He was sitting alone, at the end of the staircase, head resting on his hand as he stared blankly at the space in front of him. 

"Yeah. Hyungs and I were worried Suga hyung might do something reckless where we would have to step in. It was my turn to stay up..." He yawned. I could see that he was struggling to stay up, which made me pity him. 

"Have you eaten?" I asked softly. 

"No, I'm not hungry... Noona, I'm sorry I and the other hyungs couldn't help you last night." He looked down. I smiled softly behind my mask, placing my hand on his head and ruffling his head. 

"It's alright. You guys also seemed to take quite a beating from him. Go get some sleep and I'll make breakfast." I said and he followed me into the kitchen like a lost puppy, dragging his blanket along with him. I had no idea why he was following me when I told him to go to sleep, as well as why he was bringing a blanket with him. 

"I hope you guys like french toast." I said, pouring myself a coffee. My eyes trailed to Yoongi's empty cup. For the past few days, he has been refilling and getting coffee ready for me when I woke up. 

"Jungkook, go sleep." I told him as I poured coffee into Yoongi's mug and set it aside.

"No, no. I'm okay..." He said, eyes fluttering. Was he falling asleep as he told me that? He looked so cute, just like a baby. I chuckled and began cracking the eggs into the bowl. Once they were beaten, I took out the loaf of bread and dipped it in before frying it in the pan. As I waited for the bread to cook, I turned to see Jungkook fast asleep on the ground.

"I told you to go sleep." I whispered, pushing his fringe away from his face. Even though the floor was uncomfortable, I didn't have the heart to wake him up. Anyway, Jin said that it is nearly impossible to wake Jungkook up. I piled all the french toast on a big plate and placed it on the counter for the boys. My plate had two slices with maple syrup. 

"Yura, you're up." Seokjin came in, rubbing his eyes. I nodded my head, chewing my food and sipping my coffee. He walked and stopped, turning to look at a sleeping Jungkook. Seokjin merely shrugged in response as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

"So, after what happened last night, we held a meeting." He explained. 

"And?" 

"We honestly don't want another fight between you and Yoongi so I'll tell you instead of him. While we were working yesterday, the news about Yoongi being wedded to the daughter of the Nakamoto's has spread around. There are gangs that are threatening to harm you right now, which was why Yoongi was angry." He explained. 

"I see..." I absentmindedly poked my french toast. 

"The arrangement now is that one of us will follow you to the dance studio while you rehearse. I know it may be inconvenient but it is for your safety." Jin said as he placed a mug under the machine to make a hot coffee for himself. 

"I understand, I'm sorry with what happened last night and now, you guys have to be my bodyguards." I sighed. 

"Don't apologise, none of us blames you. Didn't Taehyung tell you that already? Yoongi is just... reckless and mean when he's angry but don't listen to him. None of this is your fault. You went out to have fun with friends, you never knew all of this would happen so it's understandable." He assured with a comforting smile, patting my head. I nodded, smiling. 

"Hoseok will follow you. He was excited to see your dance studio." Jin laughed. I laughed and finished eating, putting the plate in the sink. 

"Go get ready. I'll wake Hoseok." He waved and I bowed awkwardly before walking away but I stopped when I remembered that Jungkook was still sleeping on the ground with his blanket. 

"Jungkook ah. Go sleep on the couch." I whispered and he peeked opened an eye. He mumbled something, half asleep. Jin watched the whole exchange, shaking his head in an 'I told you so' manner. I held Jungkook's hand, picking up his blanket for him. He shuffled behind me and fell onto one of the empty couches. 

"Sleep well." I put the blanket over him, tucking him in. After that, I went upstairs to get ready. 

"Hopefully, this covers everything." Just in case my collar moved, I put some concealer on my neck as well. I looked at my reflection one last time before grabbing my bags and going downstairs. 

"Yoongi's gonna wake up." I sighed, checking the clock. Luckily, Hoseok was ready to go. He had a piece of french toast in his hand. I refilled my coffee mug, closing the to-go cover and sticking my straw in. After that, we left. 

"Thanks again. For following me and everything." I told him when we hopped into the car. 

"No need to thank me. It must be weird for you to have someone always follow you now. But it is for everyone's safety. Your safety from our enemies and our safety from Yoongi hyung." Hoseok joked but for some reason, I couldn't laugh. Why did they even stick with him if he has such a bad temper and even beats them up? 

"Let's go. Family members can follow dancers in." I said and I signed in at the receptionist counter. As I placed my bag in the locker room, Hoseok waited for me outside since it was a girls-only locker room. 

"I have my own time to warm up so let's go." He followed me into the studio that I would be rehearsing in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter