CHAPTER 7: PUPP AND HIS STRAWBERRY MILKSHAKE

Hidden Message


"What's yours, Mr. EIC?"


"It's on me, what do you want? I'll order it, you can have a sit and I'll just look for you."

"Iced Americano"

Chanyeol didn't say anything after that, he walks manly away from Baekhyun looking for a vacant seat.

They just walked a few minutes away from their school before reaching the coffee shop they are right now. A lot of students are also there since it's the only cafe near them. He also saw some students staring at them when they entered, maybe because it's the first time they saw the EIC and the President walking and having coffee together. Even Baekhyun himself won't believe what's happening either but does he have a choice?

After he ordered and paid for it he directly looks for Chanyeol. The tall guy isn't hard to find, with his broad chest and good face with big ears and fluffy hair, he instantly sees him sitting at the corner where fewer people are there.

Baekhyun slowly put the tray in front of them facing each other.

"Here's your Iced Americano." He put it in front of him and grabbed his drink also.

"I didn't know you're a fan of kid's drink." Chanyeol eye Baekhyun's drink it's a strawberry milkshake.

He saw how Baekhyun pouts again while bringing the drink into his mouth and sip through the straw.

"It's not a kid's drink, I'm not a kid but I'm drinking it. It could be an adult's drink."

"You look like a kid right now." Chanyeol drops a small smile this time.

"Excuse me?"

Chanyeol didn't answer his question instead he asks Baekhyun back.

"What do you want to ask me about anyway EIC?"

And the serious atmosphere is back again. Baekhyun adjusts his sit, clears his throat and looks directly on Chanyeol's eyes.

"You can call me Baekhyun, no need to stress out my position. We need your team's help to make our event possible this upcoming Foundation Day Chan."

"Oh, so I have a short name now, is that an endearment or something?" Chanyeol leans forward to catch Baekhyun's eyes. The latter widens his eyes the way Chanyeol looked at him now, it was more of a tease than being pissed. He pulls himself back to at least give them both much space, he thinks it's getting hotter immediately.

"Wait, what? Everyone calls you that right? And besides your name is too long to address you that always. Or wait, should I ask if I can call you Chan?"

Baekhyun stiffens, he was amazed when Chanyeol laughs so hard and so loud! Everyone can probably hear his voice inside the coffee shop, an affirmation hit Baekhyun when he sees most students are staring at them already. It's impossible no one recognizes them, they are both holding big organizations after all. But what caught Baekhyun more is when he saw Chanyeol wiping his tears beside his round eyes from too much laughter. He didn't know what got into this guy that he's laughing that hard.

Chanyeol is catching his breath right now because of to o much laugh. He knew many are staring at them already for what he did but no one matters today except Baekhyuns cute reactions. The latter is pouting again and his heart likes what he's seeing -- he's starting to like that pouty mannerism.

"You're suggesting to me to call you Baekhyun which is long too and you're just calling me Chan?"

"Sorry about that I won't call you Chan again."

"I'm sorry, but can you see how your expressions change in no time since earlier? You really looked like a kid, very transparent. You're cute."

Did Chanyeol just call him cute? Baekhyun feels his cheek is so red like a strawberry right now. But he doesn't have the time to entertain the odd feeling that's starting to bloom inside him. He reminds himself about the meeting with Miss Yoo which in an hour now.

"Do we have your support Chanyeol?"

"You know the campus calls me Yeol, it's my family who calls me Chan."

"Oh, I'm sorry for--"

"But you can call me Chan, I like it."

Once again Baekhyun was caught off guard. He doesn't know how to react with Chanyeol's response. One minute his serious, then he was laughing and now he's being like a baby. This guy is driving him crazy.

But he has to ignore the unusual feeling if he wants to make this thing done.

"Alright Chan, will your team help us?"

"No." And here's his serious side again. "You know we also have a bigger responsibility right? How can my team help you?"

Now Baekhyun is really confused. "Wait, what? But Miss Yoo told me that you're willing to help." Now he's having a cram thinking what if this won't really work? There are no options left now.

"I said I will think and discussed it with the team. And it seems we are busy too."

"But we need help Chan, or at least you have someone who can help us? We are really running out of options here."

Oh, this baby...

Chanyeol thinks. He really likes teasing Baekhyun like this. He thinks the remaining months of his college life will be more exciting than ever.

"I believe none." And he hears a heavy sigh coming out from Baekhyun. "But let us fix all the activities again and my team will help you."
Baekhyun's eyes are twinkling already with the small hope he gave. He can't believe that those precious expressions could give him butterflies with just a short time having an interaction with him. And he likes it.

"Only if..." Baekhyun's shoulder stiffens again. "You'll let me call you Pupp."