CHAPTER 18: PERHAPS I LIKE HIM TOO

Hidden Message

Baekhyun can still hear everyone's scream, loud and clear, even if his on backstage now. He can't believe he sang and played the piano again in front of other people. And he admits, he missed the cheer and claps of everyone. The last time he played instruments and sing was on his high school days, there's no particular reason why he stopped, he just doesn't see the purpose anymore of doing it. It was the things his parents made him do since he was little and he learned to love it as time goes by, but after he enrolled in college he's not happy on doing it anymore until he discovered the publication, he was thrilled and alive again which made him stop playing and singing and focused on writing.

 

He was preparing his stuff to go outside while everyone's still enjoying other's performances when Yixing showed up.

 

"I thought you'll stop." When he raised his head he saw an emotionless Yixing. It's not scary though, there's no madness in it. Bakehyun smiled before answering him.

 

"I know. But don't you missed it? Seeing me on stage playing and singing?"

 

"You know I'm always looking forward to that, seeing you doing the things you once love." He half-smiled but never failed to show his adorable dimple on his right cheek. "But you know what I meant Pupp."

 

Baekhyun exhaled before looking at his best friend again. "I can't help to help Unie...what's wrong with me?"

 

"That's the question I should be asking you Pupp. What's wrong?"

 

The same day after their Publication Day: Amazing Race, he and Yixing had dinner out to their favorite Chinese restaurant, walked towards the convenience store and drank his favorite strawberry milkshake while walking in the park. That's their usual routine whenever they have time seeing each other. These past months it's been hard for them to have the same free time since they are both graduating students and a lot of requirements are needed to pass early. 

 

They were sitting on the swing enjoying the night and the stars then Yixing opened the topic that's bothering him since the night Chanyeol's confession, about liking him. He was really upset. What he doesn't understand was why Chanyeol told him those words where he and Kyunngsoo just broke up. Was that even possible? Liking one person after someone broke their heart? What if Chanyeol's immediate liking will also come to an immediate end? After that night he promised Yixing that he won't do anything that matters about Chanyeol unless it is article related.

 

"I don't know Unie." He made a deep breath. "We were with Sehun earlier and I overheard him talking with Chanyeol on the line. He was so frustrated when Kyungsoo backed out a few minutes before the program started. I had no choice but to help." He defended himself.

 

"You have your choices Pupp."

 

He looked at his best friend so skeptical.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"Well..." Yixing raised his arms against his chest to relax. "No one knows you sing and play instruments...you can just do nothing but go with the flow."

 

"You know I can't do that. If the show will turn bad it'll hunt me, knowing that I could be a help."

 

"Sometimes I wonder why people call you the heartless one among us when your softness is way stronger than mine." He shooked his head. "But are you sure that's it Pupp? Nothing else?" His best friend leaned closer to him looking at his flustered eyes.

 

"Ye-Yes." He gulped, not cutting the eye contact. "What else should it be?"

 

"Perhaps you like him too?"

 

"Wh-what?!" He pushed Yixing softly to reduce the tension "No! No. He helped me on our event, I feel obligated to help him too, nothing more."

 

Yixing dropped an all-out smile this time and gave a step backward. It made Baekhyun feel at ease. "Be sure on that Pupp, I heard Kyungsoo just don't let go of his exes easily even if he's the one or not who broke them up."

 

"That won't happen Unie. Never." He sighed.

 

[Or it did happen already, perhaps I like him too but no one can know about this. Especially not you Chan...]

 

 

 

OMG! Does it means Baekhyun likes Chanyeol too? For reaaal? Omoooo!
Hi loves! Anyways I posted a foreword for Junmyeon and Sehun the title is GLANCES. Please check that out too! Thank you!