CHAPTER 26: LATE NIGHT DRUNK TALK

Hidden Message

Baekhyun's still puzzled...or maybe the right word is confused. When it comes to Chanyeol he is always confused. When it comes to him being confused is always a big deal, as much as possible he doesn't want to make a mistake or even lead himself to make one.

 

He's on his bed now. Earlier after they dropped Chanyeol at their house, he helped Sehun up to his room. His older sister, Yoora, was shocked when he saw Baekhyun together with her brother and their cousin but she didn't say a thing. When they put Chanyeol to bed and Sehun got down to get some water, Yeol grabbed his hand when he was about to stand and follow Sehun.

 

"Please stay with me Baek...forever..."

 

His thoughts were interrupted when a ring covered the silence of the whole room.

 

 

"He-hello? Chan?"

 

"Hey..."

 

 

There's a complete silence after then. Baekhyun can feel the tension, the heavy breath they're both doing, the deafening silence, the pound of his heart that makes his whole senses sensitive. A thought crossed his mind, is Chanyeol's heart pound the way how he's experiencing right now?

 

 

"Ahhhhmmm...I'm sorry for calling you this late..."

 

"It's okay...I couldn't sleep anyway."

 

 

And there's silence...again.

 

 

"Ahmmm...are you okay now Chan? Are you sober now?"

 

"I am...thank you earlier Pupp."

 

"That was nothing."

 

 

And then there's this stillness eating them again.

 

 

"Sigh...and I wanna say sorry Pupp..."

 

"For what Chan?"

 

"For everything...earlier...my short-tempered...Kyungsoo..."

 

"Oh..."

 

"I just want to let you know that it wasn't the kind of me who got drunk in a public place like that."

 

"Don't worry Chan, I don't mind. It's your life anyway."

 

"Yeah but I want you to be part of it."

 

"Chan..."

 

"Look Pupp...I know talking over the phone is not a good thing to do, that's why I want to ask if can you meet me anytime tomorrow?"

 

"Chan..."

 

"Just...hear me out please?"

 

Baekhyun can clearly hear Chanyeol's rushing breath mixed with different rhythm...shy? nervous?

 

When he didn't answer, the big guy having a baby voice now talked again.

 

"If only you could hear my heartbeat right now Baek, I swear to gods I might be having a heart attack any time soon...please don't turn me down yet..."

 

"Okay."

 

"Okay?"

 

"Alright. I'll see you tomorrow. Text me where. Night Chanyeol."

 

And the call ends just that.

 

 

Hi loves! How's everybody? I hope you are doing well and fine...sorry for the super late update. I honestly don't know where this story is leading as of now. At some point I am thinking it's starting to get boring but I want to finish it still though. Please bear with the writing. I'm sorry in advance. Lovelots!