CHAPTER 28: HURTBEAT

Hidden Message

 

While Baekhyun was busy packing his things and checking if the lights and plugs are all out, he flinched when he tasted salty like water falling from his lips, then he realized he is crying...again.

He swears he hates this kind of feeling, he doesn't want this. He hates being weak when he's been strong all his life. He doesn't like the roller coaster emotion, he doesn't want to be too happy and be sad all of a sudden. It makes him sane and mad at himself.

He carelessly wiped his face until it's all dry again, he picked his bag got their office keys and hurriedly went out. When he opened the door he saw a tall guy trying to blend in the dark alley leaning at the wall in front of their door while looking at him. He inhaled out of control and stopped his breathing, he was shocked at first after he realized it's Chanyeol. He turned around to lock their door while looking for the right keys.

"What are you doing here?" He coldly asks referring to the person behind him.

"I was waiting for you." The big guy confronted him with a soft and low voice. "You didn't show up."

"I left you a message. Something came up I said." He responded in a still voice not looking at the guy. When he made sure everything is locked, he his right making sure not to face Chanyeol and walked as fast as he could.

He knows Chanyeol is following him, he hates the fact that even how fast he could walk this Yoda can still cope from his steps because he is blessed with long legs. When he's about to step his tiny legs going to the gate he grabbed his wrist and switched the direction going to the parking lot.

"What are you doing?" His eyes got wider while Chanyeol is dragging him.

"Parking lot. I'll bring you home." He said without looking at him.

"Hey, I can go home by myself. I've been doing it ever since, no need to do this." But he didn't listen. He's about to run out of breathing because he's been doing big steps since earlier.  He felt the cool-air brushing on his wrist when he realized Chanyeol's hand is already holding his. He admits, he liked the warmth the big guy is giving on his hand, he wished it'll stay forever that way. But then something came on his mind again -- Chanyeol and Kyungsoo. "Let go of my hand Chan." but still he didn't listen. "Chan I said let go of my hand." He said coldly with authority this time. Cold air, filled his hand again when Chanyeol let go of his.

"Get in the car," Chan said in a low voice still. He didn't notice they are beside his car already.

"I said I can go home."

"And I said I want to bring you home."

"What for Chan?"

"Do I have to say it again Pupp? As far as I could remember last night I told you I want you to be part of my life and so am I to yours."

"No...no we can't. You know it's impossible." When he raised his head and looked at Chanyeol's eyes, he saw confusion but the compassion about what he said earlier is still there.

"Are you gonna say Kyungsoo agai--"

"Yes!" He said in a high tone that got Chanyeol on shock. He couldn't take it anymore, his emotion is so full he thinks he could explode in no time and he knows he has to let it out. He needs to. "It would've been better if you go back to where you and Kyungsoo are together."  He said in a normal tone. He bowed his head and took a deep breath before facing the guy in front of him again. "You are better together..." And he smiled palely.

"You saw it didn't you?"

His smile fades easily and bowed his head not looking at him.

"So you actually did." Even if his not looking at Chanyeol he could see his hands rested on both sides of his waists and exhaled heavily.  "How long have you been there?"

"You don't have to know. Bottomline Chan is--"

"Why can't you be honest for once Baek? If you're mad tell me! If you're upset let it out! Let me be part of that emotion, just let me in..." Chanyeol's voice went soft again while grabbing his hands. He then holds his chin to lift his face so that they could see eye to eye.

Later did Baekhyun knew his tears are falling rapidly again without warning. "I was there, . I was earlier before you got there...and..." he sniffs before continuing what he's saying. "...and...I saw you and Kyungsoo...I have hurt Chan...I am really hurt..."

Chanyeol wiped his tear running on his cheeks before he pulled him for a hug.

"Shhhhh...tell me about it when you're calm...just breathe Pupp...I'm hear...since I met you...I'm here...always..."
 

 

Omg...this is the fastest update I made for a long time I guess? HAHAHA! Sorry and thank you for your patience everyone! Lovelots! *kiss *kiss