CHAPTER 19: I AM NO LONGER YOURS

Hidden Message

After Chanyeol's short message for the opening program, he hurriedly runs towards the backstage to see Baekhyun. Since the moment he knew it was him, he can't stop smiling and how thankful he was Baaekhyun did it for him. Or that's what he thinks of.

 

A few steps away from the door someone grabbed his arm that made him stopped walking. It's the small guy with heavy eyebrows, big round eyes, and a heart-shaped lip--Kyungsoo. 

 

"Hey got a sec?"

 

"Not now Soo."

 

"I just want to apologize for canceling last minute."

 

"As much as I want to get mad, it's okay, Baekhyun got it covered."

 

Kyungsoo's face got darkened upon mentioning the name. 

 

"If you'll excuse me? I have to thank someone."

 

Chanyeol turned around and about to walk where he's headed when another small guy blocked the aisle a few steps away from him. 

 

"Are you thanking Baekhyun? It seems there's no need to find him."

 

Chanyeol saw Baekhyun's eyes staring at his arm where Kyungsoo is holding him. He was about to take back his arm when the latter tightened its hold. Kyungsoo stepped forward leading Chanyeol to Baakhyun.

 

"Hi Mr. EIC, Byun Baekhyun!"

 

He can feel how uneasy Beakhyun was especially how he dropped a forced smile.

 

"Hi! Call me Baekhyun. You are Kyungsoo right?"

 

"How'd you know my name? Perhaps you knew me because Chanyollie and I are a thing?"

 

Chanyeol's big eyes got bigger when Kyungsoo said those words and he saw how Baekhyun is so uncomfortable now.

 

"Soo..."

 

"No." Again he saw that fake smile. "I knew you because you're part of the debating team and representing our school for years now. I'm part of the publication after all."

 

"I know. I'm just messing around. Anyways Chanyollie here wants to say thank you. Right love?"

 

"Oh. It's nothing. Besides Mr. Park and his team helped us pushed through our event too and I felt obligated to give back the favor."

 

Chanyeol got hurt when he heard the "obligated" word from Beakhyun. ["So it wasn't because of me huh?"]

 

"Oh, yeah right." Kyungsoo dropped his sweetest smile and hugged Chanyeol's arm. "You see Chanyollie here is very helpful and considerate. That's what I like him the most."

 

"Anyways, I have to go, I still have to cover the rest of the event. Enjoy the night. Excuse me."

 

"You too Baekhyun, enjoy the rest of the night, have fun."

 

When Cahnyeol saw that Baekhyun is nowhere to seen in the hallway, he took his arm away from Kyungsoo and faced him with furious brows. 

 

"What the heck Soo?!"

 

"What's what?"

 

"Earlier. Are you kidding me? Is this one of your antique jokes?"

 

"I wasn't joking when I told you I want you back Chan." Kyunngsoo's face got soft. "Let's give it another try love." When he is about to grab Chanyeol's arms, the latter stepped back and shook his head. That's when Kyungsoo's face got serious.

 

"I don't believe this." He kept on shaking his head. "Do you even hear what you're saying right now? That time when you cheated on me there was never an us anymore, I am no longer yours. So stop doing bulls Kyungsoo!"

 

"Are you in love with that weirdo? Oh my in gods, you can't be serious!" Kyungsoo started to be hysterical and laughing unbelievably. "Why? Is he a good kisser than I am? Did he fulfill your needs while I wasn't around?"

 

"Soo, don't flip the story. Don't say something as if I am the one who cheated between us. Baeekhyun is a nice person stop judging him like that, this is about us."

 

 

"Exactly! Exactly my point Chan, about us. And I want you back!"

 

Chanyeol massaged his temple. This conversation is going nowhere, he can't stay any longer.

 

"You know what? The way you are screaming right now proves that you weren't really sick. You just want me to suffer the humiliation and beg you to perform even if you're not feeling better. You are cruel Soo, how could you do this?"

 

Kyungsoo just realized the way he raised his voice earlier.

 

"I was sick. I am screaming because you're devastating me."

 

"Stop! Stop it now. I don't want to have another conversation with you anymore. This...this whole thing? Drop it, there's nothing you can do about our situation. Goodbye Soo."