CHAPTER 15: JUST BROKE UP

Hidden Message

 

"I--it was different!" Baekhyun defended himself.

 

"The situation might be different but the feeling is the same Pupp." he understood what Chanyeol is trying to say and apparently he is right. "You want to defend your actions but you can't explain it."

 

Baekhyun looked at him and looked for something that explains everything through his eyes but there's nothing else aside from sincere expression from an earlier explanation.

 

"Okay...so let's forget about it then. Quits?" he said when he convinced himself that there's nothing to talk about.

 

"But perhaps I know the reason now. Perhaps...I like you Pupp..."

 

His eyes widened when Chanyeol dropped the semi-dangerous "L" word. He was caught off guard and suddenly the cold air coming from the car's air conditioner is slowly converting to warm air and it started to get hot immediately. He felt his cheeks turned into newly riped strawberry fruit. He turned his head on the window beside him, not letting Chanyeol see his red face from the confession. 

 

"If this is your way of revenge about me taking the photos with you and Kyungsoo...is overboard Chanyeol."

 

"I am not doing my revenge, I don't plan on doing one." He saw Chanyeol moved a bit closer to him by looking at his reflection on the window.

 

"But you and Kyungsoo--"

 

"Broke up."

 

"Exactly! Just broke up."

 

He turned again facing Chanyeol with confused-questioning eyes. Later he knew his sight started to get blurry with the number of tears formed, little he knew it slowly fell right in front of Chanyeol. He's not sure what just happened too but what was clear, his heart felt so heavy and is about to explode without warning.

 

"Hi Baby Pupp!" his thoughts about what happened last night suddenly cut by this man hugging him behind.

 

"Unie?" He was surprised by Yixing popping up on their event. "I thought you can't make it?" He turned around facing his Unicorn without breaking the hug.

 

Yes, this is their organization's big day, The Pub Day. When Yixing told him that he can't make it he was sad because it would be the first time that his best friend can't be around on this important day. Especially today is the most important now that he is the Editor in Chief and the one headed charge for this event.

 

"I finished my requirements early so that I can attend to my favorite person's event today."

 

Baekhyun looked at his healing unicorn, throwing a puppy soft eyes and hugged him tight...sooo tight and buried his face on his chest.

 

"Aren't you happy?"

 

"Super happy." He smiley said beneath his hug and inhaled deeply his best friend's scent one of his favorites. 

 

"Pupp is something wrong?"

 

"Hmmn?"

 

"Hey look at me." When Xing tried to push him slowly from the hug he steadily rested his face just leveled on his best friend's chest not planning to meet the gaze. But a soft hand touched his chin and slowly helped him meet an adorable-innocent face in front of him. "What happened?" Now his best friend's face is slowly forming into a serious one, which he doesn't like. Yixing is soft and sweet he knew that but serious Yixing is dangerous, it seldom comes out and he is always afraid of meeting that personality. Especially now, not now.

 

"I'm just tired Unie, with all the coverage, articles and today's big day." He palely smiled and made an assurance face as much as he could but he knows Yixing won't buy it, he's just hoping that he will somehow.

 

"I'll treat you a meal once this week is over, sounds good?" His best friend's face changed into a soft face now with a big smile to cheer him up. Baekhyun nodded and smiled back too. "Great! So what can I help Pupp?"

 

"I already have a buddy for my station because I thought you can't come. You can choose where do you want to team up, here are the map lists and the person in charge per station." He gave it to Yixing and with a short time scanning, he immediately said whom he wants to team up with.

 

"I'll go with Chanyeol."

 

He was shocked by Yixing's choice, at that moment he hoped that he picked his best friend's assignment instead of letting him pick. "A-are you sure?" He stammered asking. When a question expression covered his best friend's face, he realized he shouldn't ask the question. His unicorn is certain about all his decisions. "Right! the team will be here any minute." He smiled nervously.

 

"Alright." When he is about to step backward turn back to his work, Yixing grabbed his arm again and pulled him for a hug. "I know you have a bigger problem better than this Pupp but let's just finish your event first. Enjoy yourself please this is your last year, don't let anything or anyone ruin it." He smiled, this time it's genuine. He will always be thankful for how Yixing always made him feel light despite the burden he's carrying. He is indeed a healing unicorn and he will never stop saying it. His best friend pushed him slowly to separate the hug and smiled at him too. Before he let him go he kissed him on the cheek and whispered in his ear. "Talk. Later."