CHAPTER 6: AWKWARD TALK

Hidden Message

He walks slowly towards Chanyeol to somehow delay the talk that's about to happen. He's been into a lot of interviews to get the right scope to all his articles, scheduled or even ambushed but at this time he knows it's a bit different. He interviewed Chanyeol a few times, yes, he's the student President council after all but he can't stop thinking what happened a week ago, which was awkward and embarrassing.

"H-hi Ch-chanyeol..." the moment he's few steps away from him, he awkwardly smiles and waved his hand.

Baekhyun can barely feel his breathing and his heartbeat was so fast! Chanyeol stops tapping his phone and raised his head to meet Baaekhyun's eyes. The smaller saw how the tall guy in front of him changed his expression. From an innocent guy the moment he lifts his head to blank eyes, nothing, he sees nothing, he can't read what he's thinking. And his heartbeat multiplied from raising if that look could kill maybe he's probably dead by now.

"Ahhm...aa...can we talk?" He bit his lip because this situation is really embarrassing right now. He wants to vanish from where he's standing and hopes that everything before this day never happened.

"I think I already asked you "what for?" but you left me on reading." He noticed Chanyeol raised his eyebrow like indirectly telling him that he doesn't like what he did.

"O-oh, that one. I honestly don't know what to text back and I thought I should probably see you instead and talk?" He looked straightly on Chanyeol's eyes asking for a chance. Baekhyun involuntarily pouts his lips stare the tall man like how cute puppies do when they need something from humans with his own hands intertwined in front.

Chanyeol doesn't know what to feel right now, this person in front of him, staring and pouting is the cutest thing he has ever seen. But he should keep his blank face still. "You kept me on reading for almost an hour now because you want to personally talk to me?"

"Aaaa...yeah?"

Chanyeol is enjoying this moment. He saw Baekhyun's different expressions today and it's really adorable. "Where do you want to talk about it?"

"Pardon?"

"I said where? We can't just stand in the hallway and talk here."

"Oh, yeah. At your office or ours?"

"Seriously? You want others to hear us talk about what you did last time?" It wasn't actually necessary but he just wants to see what expression Beakhyun's gonna give this time? And the small guy flustered made his jaw drop that makes his lips form an O.

"It wasn't like that....aaa...hmm...we're not going to talk about that. I hope we shouldn't talk about it anymore." Baekhyun involuntarily scratches his head to busy himself. He feels like his cheeks are so red right now and his whole self is about to melt. "Coffeeshop? Wait, do you still have your class? I can come back if you want."

He saw how Chanyeol's eyes lit for a bit and smirked then went back to its blank expression. Wait did he really?

"I am free now. How about you? Do you?"

"Just had my last class this morning, I'm good." He stares at Chanyeol's face again trying to read anything.

"Sooooo?..."

"Oh yeah, let's go." He awkwardly smiles. He walks ahead of Chanyeol so that for a bit he can escape from the tension. But instead of it, he can feel the stare the tall guy is making behind his back. And it made him uncomfortable again. 

This talk isn't starting yet but he wants to go home now. He hopes Yixing's here to help him on this but he wants him to do it alone. He made a big deep sigh.