CHAPTER 14 PART 1: MOODY CHANYEOL

Hidden Message

It's eight already and Chanyeol is still at school with his student council members. It was the first day of their Foundation Day, everything went well so far, there were minor errors but it was solved right away. The program ended early at six today but asked his colleagues to stay so that they can finalize what they needed for the next day. He doesn't want to think of the whole event while he's away for an hour or two tomorrow. Baekhyun's Pub Day event will be tomorrow, Minseok and him, including Sehun will help them facilitate the activity.

 

"Is everything fine now? Are we settled?" Chanyeol asks his secretary.

 

"Yes Yeol, everything's on its proper place." Minseok rest assured.

 

"Are we sure? No problem tomorrow?" everyone nods in unison "We have to make sure guys, I and Minseok hyung will be MIA for an hour or two so as much as possible we don't want to face some problems while we're away even the slightest conflict."

 

"Chill hyung. I'm sure your team can do it fine and well while we are away. Right guys?" again they all nod in unison. Sehun lighten up the mood so that

his cousin will drop the topic. It's late and he knows everyone is exhausted too, tomorrow is only the second day of their hell week. "Can we go now? It's late, mom is calling me already."

 

Chanyeol looked at his cousin and made a face. He's right, it's late but he doesn't want to go home yet, he made a deep sigh and face s again. "Okay, that's all for now. If anything went wrong tomorrow the GC is open for updates, so don't hesitate to report everything at your end."

 

"Yes Yeol, we understand, they understand" Minseok answered for everyone so that he'll dismiss them already.

 

"Alright, that's it for now. Dismissed everyone." He heard some released a sigh relief, a small smile while packing some of their stuff before they bid their goodbyes to their strict President. When everyone isn't around except for Sehun, he folds his arms over his chest to look at him. "What are you still doing here?"

 

Sehun raised his head living his phone open from scrolling, he looked at Chanyeol with questioning eyes. "Aaaah...I am waiting for you for us to go home."

 

"I won't leave school yet."

 

"Come on, Hyung it's late. Have a rest for now."

 

"Not done with my work Sehun."

 

"I told mom you'll drive me home, I didn't bring my car so that she'll let me home late you know."

 

"Not my problem. Didn't agree with that." He blatantly said without the slightest concern on his tone. He's back looking at his pile of folders now picking up some of it and read the files inside.

 

"Really what's up with you?" He didn't mind Sehun's question and continue what he's reading. He feels the younger stand and went in front of him and took what he's holding. "You know I won't stop right? What's wrong hyung? You seemed off the whole day. What's with the mood?"

 

"Nothing." He raised his head and looked straight in Sehun's eyes. "I just need to finish this stuff before moving to another work." It's really nothing because he can't even identify it himself. After a quick talk with Baekhyun last night his mood never changed, he's mad with Baekhyun but he knows he shouldn't yet he can't help it.

 

"You know I'm always here hyung, I'm--" Sehun's was interrupted when he received a call, he raised his hand holding a phone and checks who's calling.

 

"It's Yoora noona...hello? Noona? Yes, we're together...I'll tell him...yes...bye..." the younger ended the call and lend his eyes on the older.

"She wants you to go home now, she said it's late and she'll wait for you before going to sleep."

 

Chanyeol packs his things and organizes his table before standing and get his bag. "I think it's Baekhyun."

 

"What?"

 

"I think I am having a problem with Beakhyun." he looks at Sehun and waits for anything for him to say but when he feels like the younger is waiting also for continuation then he starts talking again. "We talked last night."

 

"What time did the call happened?"

 

"Around 9 or 10"

 

"Why would you call him?"

 

"I don't know, I just want to talk to him. So I called him and when he didn't pick up on my first call I somehow got pissed and when he answered it on the second, I kinda got mad at him for not picking up soon."

 

"The hell hyung, why would you do that?" Sehun is shocked by the older's action. 

 

"I don't know either. I made him mad I guess, that's why I ended the call myself." Confusion is painted all over Chanyeol's face now and it's the first time Sehun saw him like that.

 

"You sure you don't like him?"

 

He stopped from what he's doing and give all his attention to Sehun. "What? No! God no!"

 

"If not, you have to figure it out yourself hyung. What you did was out of line especially  you calling him late at night, got mad and ended the call after."

 

What Sehun said makes sense. Most of the circumstances seem like the younger talks trash all the time but at times like this, when it comes to serious matter he thinks older more than Chanyeol. He always leads him to right thinking when everything gets haywire. Chanyeol seems organized in the eyes of many but to him, it is always Sehun.

 

Chanyeol turned off the lights let Sehun out from the office first before him then lock it. When he turned around he saw Baekhyun locking their office door too.

 

He froze.

 

"Maybe it's the universe telling you to fix things out."

 

He got confused about what Sehun is talking about before he knew it the younger steps closer to Baekhyun and talk. "What are you--? Hey Sehun!" He called his cousin with greeted teeth.

 

"Hey Baekhyun hyung! Overtime too?"

 

He saw Baekhyun's shocked face looking at Sehun then to him and going back to the younger.

 

"Ye--Yeah..."

 

"Preparing for tomorrow's event too?"

 

"Not really. Just post-processed some photos from today's event and uploaded it."

 

"Oh right. I should check it later, can't wait to see those good quality photos."

 

He saw how Baekhyun got shy on Sehun's simple praise that made a small flush on his face. 

 

"Thank you...look...I should go..."

 

"Why don't you go with us? Chanyeol hyung will drop you home after me. You're near our area right?"

 

They feel like both he and Baekhyun look directly at Sehun, shocked.

 

"I don't think--"

 

"You should go with us, I'll drop you home Pupp."

 

He said after getting a few steps near them. He swears he will scold Sehun when he goes home. He doesn't want to confront Baekhyun yet, he's still confused, but he doesn't want to let this adorable face take a cab and go home alone. He knows he'll feel bad if he can't drop him off.

 

"It's settled then! Let's go hyung!"

 

Sehun grabbed Baekhyun's arm and cling onto him. He can't believe the younger just can do something like that to his Pupp comfortably. And at that moment he envies his cousin that much. He followed them going to the parking lot to get his car.