chapter 7

WHISPERS OF HEART

Cold breeze was caressing their faces, as they sat near each other watching the fall and rise of sea water. None of them were speaking anything and they were just lost, lost in the serene dance of waves, or may be lost in each others’ company. Sehun was wondering, how he manage to have such a person in his life, it felt like dream, he did not know what made him fall in love with her so madly neither he wanted to know, all he knew was now his heart only beats for her and it will, till his death. He wondered if one day her heart will beat against his chest in a rhyme! If one day, his eyes will look at hers without of the fear that he won’t be able to control his emotions. He knew there will be a long road ahead before he won’t have to control himself. A smile crept on his lips as he imagine a day he can sit here intertwining their fingers with a head resting on his arm and eyes lingering on the sea inside the eyes, not the one in front of them.

Cara was sitting little behind him and she was watching waves? She doubted. Rather than watching those boring waves, she liked it more to watch Sehun; of course she was cautious to not get caught. From whom she was hiding? Not like Sehun will mind it if she will decide to watch him! A smile formed on his lips, a sound of something weird escaped Cara’s chest. She did not really give it much attention. Why his smile looks so …. She did not find a word to describe that smile. Every-thing looks so perfect. Her destiny looks so beautiful to be true. She wants to trust now… but she feared if she will be careless, she will ruin everything. Sehun… just a name… that name was enough to make her smile now she loves how he delicately put vermilion on her head every day. The touch that too last for a fraction of second now seems so beautiful. The hug she felt just now was so beautiful. That forehead kiss he put on her the other day was so beautiful. The almost touching of their nose the day before was so beautiful. The eyes of Sehun are the most beautiful thing she ever saw.

Was she finally falli…..?

No No No… she can’t just think that now, she knew it’s something special than just being friends. But she does not dare to over step the things, things those are giving feeling of a beautiful poem, because of her carelessness she does not want to ruin it. She loves the way things are now, maybe she should feel content with the way things are. Maybe she should not meddle with them. Maybe just maybe things might turn more beautiful in this way.

“Little one…” the word from Sehun does not exceed the level of a whisper. “Mn…” a slow voice escaped Cara’s lips. Like she feared that she will disturb the quietness. “Are you happy?” Sehun asked looking at her and after a pause his lips parted a little to produce another pair of words “Wit...h me?”

Cara looked at him, his eyes soft. They held kind of hope. Why was he asking this? Does he think Cara was unhappy with him? He wanted to say many things to make him trust that she was happy… really really happy. But she could not, the voice betrayed her, the word retreated and she was just watching those eyes, those soft eyes, who was changing expression. They seem like they are in pain. That hurt, she was unable to see pain in Sehun’s eyes. He tried so hard, but this question was making her blur. She could not remember anything else, all she could see that the 4 months she has been with Sehun. The months she felt cared and may be Loved. She was not sure.

Sehun was unable to make the eye contact anymore. His eyes dropped, like he felt defeated. Like he was unanswered because, Cara was not happy. He could not make him happy. Cara felt fear… fear that, Sehun was hurt because of her. She felt angry, she was angry at herself, who is the most disgusting person, she felt broken. Will Sehun stop looking at her from now on? Her thoughts seems to came to an halt as she felt hot tears rolling down her cheeks. Sehun’s eyes became wide, he was looking apologetic. He instantly brought his thumb to meet those tears. He slowly wiped those tears… the touch of Sehun’s thumb seems to give courage to Cara. “so…sorry…” It was barely a whisper but Cara managed to hear that coming from Sehun’s mouth. She felt that touch vanishing.

She could not afford that. She does not want to.

Before that ‘touch’ vanished totally, Cara managed to hold that hand. Sehun did not expect that, his eyes tried to find the reason in hers, he find those eyes wanting help. Cara’s hold on that hand became firm. She pressed that hand on her cheeks again. Sehun’s eyes become soft. Cara mange to sit on her knees from her lotus position, Sehun did not get what she was doing. Cara’s free hand slowly held Sehun’s. Both of them looked at those intertwined hands; they looked perfect. “Little one…” Sehun tried to say in the softest voice possible. So that he won’t scare her. Silent tears of Cara turned into small sobs, she felt helpless. Only thing her mind was thinking that, she can’t lose her Sehun, her husband Sehun. She can’t let him go anywhere. She put her right hand on his arm and put her neck near his neck. With the other hand intertwined with him, she tried her hard to hold Sehun, so that he won’t go anywhere. She did not leave him; she did not know how long, time did not exist there. Last thing she remembered that, she felt safe. Safe…

 

 

As Cara opened her eyes, the first thing she saw was Sehun’s hand intertwined with her and kept around her waist, she could feel the warmth of Sehun’s body behind her. Memories of last night flashed in front of her. She … she was on beach, she hugged Sehun and then… what happened? She did not know.

How are you going to face him?

Nothing happened, chill!

So now, what?

What what? She just hugged him, it not first time, is it?

Well… who falls asleep while hugging on a beach…?

She… she… was it better to see Sehun sad?

What about the hand intertwined till now?

Voices in her head started quarreling… she felt a little pull and tight grip of Sehun’s hand. Sehun was still in sleep. She decided to stay like that for a little while more, in Sehun’s arms. She fell asleep again.

 

A tap on Cara’s shoulder wake her up. Opening her eyes, she saw Sehun was already in his office attire.

“What is the time?” Cara asked panicking. “Don’t worry, rest till you feel good.” Sehun said putting his necessities in his bag. “Did you eat?” Cara asked getting up from the bed. “We all took breakfast and yours is kept in fridge. Make sure to take breakfast okie little one?” Sehun said coming near Cara.

“I will come back before evening; we will go shopping and will have dinner with brother Suho… hmm?” Sehun said taking his sit beside her. “Shopping? I already have many things, I don’t need anything…” Cara hesitated before saying. “Actually mom asked me to get gifts for mama papa and also you will need formal dresses for your work and I also get scolded because today will be first day, to take you for shopping in like 4 months.” Sehun said with a pout. “Ah… I am not fond of shopping, I don’t really like to do shopping much, I get super confused during that, like what to buy and what not to…” Cara smiled a little with embarrassment. “I am pro at it, don’t worry.” Sehun let out a small laugh Cara returned it with a grin.

“Sehun…” Cara called as Sehun stand up from his sitting position. “yes.. little one…do you need anything?”

“umm.. no… actually.. are you getting late for office?” Cara asked with a soft look. “Not really… Why?” Sehun said taking his previous sit.

“okaythengive me 5mins…” Cara said as she literally run into the bathroom with proper clothes to change into…of course.

Just as she said, she was out in barely 5 to 7 mins. Sehun glanced at her as she came out of the bathroom in a pink purple kurti and while leggis.

“You want to go some where? You want me to drop you?” Sehun asked standing up. “No… um… put it before you go.” Cara said holding the box of vermilion in front of Sehun. A smile automatically formed on Sehun’s face. She stepped closer to him and Sehun took a step too. Sehun took a pinch of vermilion and delicately put it on her head.

Cara smiled… His little one smiled sheepishly.

Sehun close the box properly and put it near the big mirror and turned towards Cara. “Um.. all the best for fist day as new project head…” Cara smiled again. Sehun took a step closer and Cara felt a little nervous. “An..nd um..mm I am… happy, more than I expected… you..are…” Cara could not finish her line as she felt something warm and soft against her cheek near her lips for like half of a second.

“I forgot to wish you good morning…” Sehun said with a smirk before going out of the room and Cara stood their unable to move…

Did he just kiss?

Okay clam down… clam down….

Cara looked into the mirror and delicately brushed her hand near the area, cautious that she won’t wipe it away.

 

“What did you guys do yesterday?” Grace asked Cara as both of them were getting out of the main door. That startled Cara. “What do you mean Unnie?” Cara asked with wide eyes.

It is not possible that Sehun… no no it’s not even a big deal to hug your husband right..?.. God how embarrassing!

“Means my dear sister in law… what did my brother do that you fainted? Um… there is no problem with that, but I did not expect you guys to do that on beach…” Grace teased Cara who was now blushing.

“Oh god.. no Unnie… nothing…like… god you misunderstood… I …”

Cara took a deep breath…

“I just fell asleep…” Cara said as automatically made a pout.

“Hahahahahaahahahahha” Grace started laughing at her face.

“Yesterday when Hun carried you in bridal style, I asked him the same question… and god damn… he exactly reacted the way you did…hahahah god…. You both are o cute…” Grace completed pinching Cara’s cheeks.

 

“Guys… get in…” Sehun yelled from the Car impatiently.

“God this boy… he and his shopping…” Grace laughed looking towards the car.

“He loves shopping that much?” Cara asked curiously.

“I am lucky I am on date with Suho and you are going with him on shopping.” Grace sighed before getting into the back seat.

 

 

“End your shopping before 9.30… I and Suho will meet you in the restaurant directly.” Grace said getting out of the car.

 

“Okay… so from where should we start?” Sehun asked with a wide smile looking towards Cara.

“Speak quickly… we are running out of time!!!” Sehun said impatiently.

“Running… out of …. time? We have four hours… what will we do with four long hours?” Cara asked with confusion.

“You will see… now come on… let’s go there.” Sehun said dragging Cara with him towards the jewelry section.

“Should we get couple rings or couple bracelet for Mama & Papa?” Sehun asked after going through 15 different couple rings and holding the 7th bracelet in his hand. Cara was watching him with amusement and she was not sure what he was doing.

“You are choosing this for my parents?” Cara was smiling. She did not expect it for them.

“No, our parents; you stupid little one.” Sehun said tapping Cara’s head slightly.

“I don’t think, they will wear this. Papa… actually… don’t wear rings or bracelets.” Cara said with a little hesitation, she was afraid to kill the glee in Sehun’s eyes.

“But… it’s so cute… I want to buy it.” Sehun said with a cute pout, Cara laughed at the scene. He was such a child.

“Let’s buy it for Unnie and Suho jiju? How does that sound?” Cara asked as she clapped her hands.

“Perfect…” Sehun jumped. “What about this ring?” Sehun asked.

“Should we gift it to Misti and Kyungsoo?” Sehun asked with hopeful eyes.

“Sehun you don’t need to.” Cara answered.

“Of course I don’t need to, I just want to.” Sehun said giving both the items to get packed.

“What should we bring for Claire and Arya also Namjoon? Arya does not have a boy friend, does she?” Sehun asked coming out.

“Nah.. she does not… ” Cara said following Sehun.

 

It was 9 on the clock and they were done with gifts. They brought a book for Arya, a pink hoodie with bunny ears for Claire and a watch for Namjoon.

They bought a silk saree for Cara’s mama and a watch for Cara’s papa. Cara also brought two dinning sets. Also a vase to keep in her Mom’s room and few old music CDs for her grandma.

“See I told you, we will run out of time. See its already 9.” Sehun said as they were in the lift going towards the dress section.

“We are almost done, I guess.” Cara said watching the number of bags in Sehun’s hand.

“What DONE??? Shopping still has not started, these were just necessities.” Sehun said getting out of the Lift.

Now Cara understood what grace meant.

Now the clock was striking 10.30 was Sehun was still not satisfied. Cara was just going in and out of the dressing room and Sehun was still picking dresses for her.

“Okie enough… I don’t have this much space in my wardrobe.” Cara said standing in her 27th dress.

“Should we buy a wardrobe too?” Sehun joked making Cara angry.

“SeHUNNNN…. I can’t anymore, I am tired.” Cara sat down dressed in her original clothes.

“Okie okie sorry… let’s stop it here.” Sehun said and Cara took a deep breath.

“Thank you…”

“Mention not, let’s grab few comfortable clothes for you.” Sehun said dragging Cara out.

"I am not going to come with you ever again." Cara said sighing tiredly.

It was 11:30 when finally Cara managed to drag Sehun out. “Unnie will kill us… we are 2 hours late.”

“Don’t worry, she knows me.” Sehun chuckled starting the engine.