Chapter 11

WHISPERS OF HEART

Time indeed flies....

By the time Sehun and Cara were done with cleaning the mess they created while making frame, sun was already ready to set.

They did not even sit for a complete minute after the cleaning, Cara's phone rang showing the calling I'd of her father. Taking a breath Cara picked the call up.

"Hello Papa." Cara said politely.
"Hello... How are you doing!?" Mr Park asked with brought a smile on Cara's face. She did not know how long has it been her dad asked it to her.

"I am fine papa." Cara said smiling like little girl who got two lollipops together.

"Oh that's great. How about Sehun? Did you take his good care? What did you guys eat?" Mr park asked to which Cara's mouth could not proceed to answer. what will she answer? They forgot to eat, even cook because they were making some DIY.

"We had noodles." Cara said with a little low voice. She know what was coming.

"WHAT?! Are you really serious? You let him eat instant noodles. Did you forget how to cook? You disappointed me." Mr Park's voice was so serious that, Cara felt like shivering.

"I am sorry papa. I will go cook right now." Cara siad gulping down the sadness she felt just now.

"You guys always embarrass me. Both you and your mother. Urghhhh... please don't make me lose my face infront of your in laws, like this. I beg you." Mr park said before hanging up.

Hiding her tears she got out of the room and rushed to the bathroom in hall. Although Sehun had no idea, what they talked, still he could smell something unpleasant. His doubt was proved to be right, the way Cara rushed out of the room.

"Are you okay? " Sehun asked as soon as Cara came out from the bathroom.
"Yes I am." Cara said with a bit of rudeness and walked away from him.
"You are not!" Sehun said following her.
"What happened? " Sehun asked coming to her side.
"Why your face looks sad?!" Sehun said holding her wrist.
"Let go of me." Cara said as politely as she could.
"I am not letting you go anywhere little one. " Sehun said with a smirk.
"Sehun listen... I AM not really in a great mood! And last thing I want is to let that out now. So please let me go, I need to cook." Cara said freeing her hand from his grip.
"Opps!! We have not eaten yet! I forgot! Okie let's cook... let me help you." Sehun said holding her hand again.
"I don't need help now. Please let go." Cara said little frustrated.
"But I am helping." Sehun said entering into the kitchen.

"What are we going to make?" Sehun asked excitedly.
"Whatever you prefer." Cara answer opening the fridge to see what do they have.
"That's not fair... we both gonna eat. We both should decide." Sehun said peeking through the fridge.
"Should I cook rice?!" Cara asked this time.
"Yup... rice!!+.... and should we make dal or any curry?!" Sehun asked closing the fridge.
"We have eggs and veggies... so do you prefer egg curry or dal?!" Cara asked going near the shelf to bring rice.
"How about we make egg omelette with rice and dal?!" Sehun asked holding the rice bucket.
"Okie... and nothing else? !" Cara asked pointingtowards the veggies.
"Umm... I will make soup!!!" Sehun said holding the veggies tray.
"Okie. " Cara said washing the rice.

"Little one!!!" Sehun called softly.
"Hmm..." Cara hummed.
"Did  you used to cook in this kitchen?" Sehun asked picking the carrots and tomatoes.
"Umm.. not really... Mama Used to cook. I used to sit there and tell her to do this and that." Cara said showing the space beside the microwave oven. Unknowingly a small smile crept on her lips,  a very small one.

"Are you done with rice setting on fire?!" Sehun asked after a few moments to which Cara nodded.

"Okie then... good and sit there." Sehun said pointing towards the space beside the microwave oven.

"Huh?!" Cara asked confusingly.

"Now go and sit there and let me show you my talent." Sehun said dramatically.
"No." Cara stated cutting is all drama.

"What no.... I AM Not Listening a No!" Sehun  said crossing his hand in a X- position.

"Did you hear me?! When I said no to your help? Then why would I???" Cara said rolling her eyes. 

"Umm I have other ways you know!!!" Saying this Sehun lifted Cara in his arms in bridal style and put her on the slab. Cara could not respond to this sudden action and was dumbfounded.

"Now.... sit here and tell me what to do." Sehun said in a huskier voice than necessary leaning towards Cara, when she by reflex leaned backwards.

It took few minutes to come back to her senses and she could not decide what to feel. But who was she kidding, was ever 'feelings' are designed to decided before felt!?!?! Just a few moments before she was sad and angry at her father for being mean towards her mother and her for every chance he gets and now for sure that feeling is somewhat vanished, she was looking at Sehun in an emotion which was also unknown to her. Seeing her papa, who always blamed his wife for everything she always hated to be treated like that. Who doesn't? She had seen that in many cases of arrange marriage tbh. She wondered how her case was not one of them. She got married thinking that it was her fate. But now she was feeling blessed because of that fate. A smile crept on her eyes seeing her 'husband' cooking for her. Even after all these months the word husband seems foreign to her. Because she never thought for her, her papa can find someone like that person across there. Two of them were absolutely opposite. His dad, she never even seen him making a cup of coffee. And here the person he choose was making meal for her. It might not be a big matter for an outsider, but she knew what it means to her. In her blurry memories she still remembered that, it was one of her wish in her long lost bucket list. Should she make effoets for other wishes to make them true too?!?!

"Here we have perfect sliced carrots...." Sehun exclaimed with hand full of carrots breaking Cara's chain of thoughts.

"Now it's time for onions.... here I come oni-minions" Sehun said holding one tiny onion from its roots and cara could not hold her little laugh.

"What are you doing?" Cara asked coming down.
"Mission successful." Sehun said throwing the onion from one hand to another.

"You still are a kid." Cara commented with a sigh.
"If me being kid makes you smile and laugh, I don't want to grow up ever." Sehun said eyes fixing at Cara's a little seriously than she prefers.
Those eyes held so much intensity that Cara feared to break that gaze. . . Did she call the same person child a while ago?! Okie she will take that back.

"Now you go sit there, let me do what I can." Sehun said pulling Cara towards the rack.

"Nah nah... I can't let you cook alone. You better go sit there. Let me cook." Cara said looking towards the spot where their skin were hugging each other.

"Are you underestimating my skills by any chance?!" Sehun asked resting his hands on his hips.

"Hmm hmm" Cara hummed matter of factly.

"You have challenged me. Now just wait and watch." Sehun said holding the spatula and doing a sword posture.

"Haha that was funny." Cara said faking a sarcasm.

"Laugh as much as you want... little one... just give me two hours and I will show you what Oh Sehun can do." Sehun said walking towards Cara.

"Okie jokes aside... I AM seriously asking you to go out... and let me cook... you are already because of me... and your ankle needs rest too." Cara said in a serious tone.

"And how is that your fault?! Did you push me to ride that tree?!" Sehun asked firmly.
"Still I should not have let you try. So I am not going to let you cook now." Cara added.

"Its doesn't make sense little one. If you stop just because you failed once and hurted yourself... how are you going to live that way!? Where is fun in living if you only win?! Life will boring." Sehun said softly yet in and tone which was enough to create impact.

"Okie... let me help you atleast. I can't just sit there and watch." Cara said with a defeated tone.
"No means no... if you don't wanna sit here... then Wait outside. Chef Hun will present you a delicious dinner." Sehun said bowing a little.
"Why are you so stubborn?" Cara whined.
"I inherited that from mom." Sehun winked.
"Now go and let me prepare a delicious meal for my little one.. go sho-sho...."

"You better call me before you burn kitchen down Chef Hun." Cara said before closing the door behind.

A msg poped on Sehun's phone screen who was busy slicing the last piece onion. He moved his almost teary eyes towards the screen after getting done with the cutting.

'I will be out for a moment. Please call me if you need anything okie!?' A text msg from Cara flashed there.

'Enjoy and make sure of your safety. And be back in an hour.' Sehun texted before turning on the gas to boil rice.

"I will be back sooner... fighting Chef Hun." Cara texted as she closed the front gate and started walking through the familar alley.

Sky was almost bluish black with stars all around, Cara's feet found its way out of the alley towards a small departmental store. Nothing more changed than the colour of the shop she noticed. Since a small girl she has seen this shop standing alone in that neighbourhood, providing most of the grocery items, daily use things as well as some veggies. The uncle who used to be her toffee supplier is probably too old to run a store now so he had kept a boy as his helper around arrange of 17 there.
"How can you help you ma'am?" The boy arrougesked as she noticed Cara standing in front of the shop.
"Two packets of small candles please." Cara said politely.
"Sorry we run out of that." The boy said in a sorry tone.
"Oh I see... then can I find it anywhere else?!" Cara asked already knowing that there won't be any store in 1 km distance.
"I don't think so... and I think you have to walk till market... " The old man who was sitting on a chair said.
"Do you need urgently?! Then he can go and bring it." The old man.
"No its okay. You don't have to." Cara said as she  walked out.

"You need lift." A familar voice asked Cara who did not take more than 2 sec to recognise who it was.
"No.. no...thank you." Cara said politely.
"That's okay... hop on. We are not stranger." Anya said switching off her keys of scooter.
"We are not?!" Cara asked to which she nodded negatively.
"Ofcourse we are not. We spent our morning together after all." Anya said  matter of factly.
"Where are you going?!" Cara asked as she sat behind her.
"Wherever you want!!" Anya sa8d starting the engine.
"Huh?!" Cara asked surprisingly.
"Actually it's was being bored. So I came out for a ride and saw you. I came to visit my granny but she is already slept. So yeah... I am extremely bored. So just tell me where are we going?!" Anya said looking towards Cara's direction.
"I was actually going back home. But If you don't mind we can visit market?!" Cara asked as little hesitantly.
"Sure no problem." Anya said starting the vehicle.


"And that's all!?" Anya asked as Cara said to go back home.
"Only candles?" Anya asked again.
"Yup.. I just needed that." Cara said looking towards the packet.
"Aww... first candle night dinner?" Anya asked wigging her brows.
"No.. nothing like that." Cara said flushed.
"Hahahaha... okie okie... as we have came here... let's have dinner together." Anya said dragging Cara.
"Wait. . .wait.... I will eat with him." Cara said sheepishly.
"Oh... okie... let's buy 3 meals then..." Anya said with a smirk.
"No. .o.. umm... he is cooking for us..." Cara said with light pink cheeks.
"Awwwwww are you serious?? Let's go back soon then..." Anya said with excitement more than necessary.
"By 'us' in mean... me and him." Cara said fixing her eyes with Anya to make sure that she understands what she was saying. That girl has a huge problem with brain cells.
"Ofcourse ... I know.... how can I keep his date for long... now let's go..." Anya said sitting on the scooter.
"Are not you going to buy your dinner?" Cara asked as she put keys inside the lock.
"Opps I forgot." Anya said pulling the keys out.

"Let me pay for it." Cara said smiling.
"Nahh it's okie... you don't have to..." Anya denied.
"I know I don't need to but I just want to..." Cara said giving the money to the cashier.

"Here..." Anya said giving Cara a cup of ice-cream.
"Thank you." Cara smiled taking the cup.

"Here... for you. Take it... take it... no need to thank me." Anya said showing a pack of balloons.
"What is it?!" Cara asked confused.
"Omo... you don't even recognise balloons." Anya asked with an amusement.
"Ofcourse I do. But why are you giving me this?!" Cara asked.
"How come a romantic date be complete without balloon. See I brought heart balloons of ref and white... he gonna love it... I swear." Anya said as she put it on Cara's hand.

"Thank you... but it's not romantic date and all." Cara said as she sat behind her.
"And why are you buying candles and he is cooking then?! Oh god... it Already sounds really romantic." Anya said starting her engine.

"Nothing like you think... we did not plan anything... he just wanted to make dinner... and did not allow me in the kitchen... so I thought to decorate our dining area. That's all. . ." Cara said looking at the rear mirror.

"Aww. . . He is such a sweetiieeee.... no offence I am already head over heels for him." Anya said playfully.
"Excuse me?!" Cara's tone quite serious.
"The one you are talking about is already taken." Cara said digging holes by eyes.
"But what to do... he got a faddy-duudy wife. If I were you... I would have been so happy." Anya said stopping the scooter near the place where they met earlier.
"Where is your home?!" Anya asked to which Cara pointed towards the lane.
"Here it is." Cara said as Anya's bike came near her house.
"Anya... I AM happy. I really am." Cara said as Anya start her bike again.
"Don't tell 'me' that... tell the one who made you happy. Hmm?!." Anya smiled.
"Hmm. Thank you." Cara said bidding a bye.
"Let's see each other around... we are neighbours already." Anya said entering the house infront of Cara's.